login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★- -Self Contribution (a Happiness Mtg)

thread mtg created  1/18/15

always open past the date…join in whenever you like!

• It is impossible for you to be late.

• Just Pop In & Out…however it works well for you
  • It’s really simple…The only requirement is caring about yourself and others.
    Our theme “Self Contribution.”

★When you hear those words Self Contribution …what comes to mind just for you?★

• ~
    Reminder with these meetings…save to your favorites…Just like any other thread on Bmindful, you can always bring your fresh energy to it anytime after the meeting date(:
  • logo for meeting

Each week we will have a committee devoted to Weekly Happiness Meeting.
Members who decide they’d like this type of participation, simply sign up on this thread. Having a few people with active involvement, even if some members happen to change weekly… we will come together share, grow & have fun(: It will simply be about what Bmindful has always been about…the spirit of positivity, personal growth, synchronicity & love

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

outline -
I. what the experience feels like
II. its usefulness
III. its progressive ease
IV. its purpose for me
V. this concept beyond myself

• ~
    …a state of calm I’ve been feeling more and more …as I’ve allowed this stage of life to express itself to me/through me/for me… It seems to go from that lovely place of being to wonderful states of joy/enthusiasm… [and like all human beings I occasionally complicate life’s ebb and flow simplicity….though having found my center makes it easier to transition ‘home’ again no matter what my need/desire/introspection]

It has much to do from going from faith to trust(:

I Am living a Divine plan

In response to ““Just” For Me’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7639/upcoming-happiness-meeting-111815#post107122:
In response to “Poppy’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7639/upcoming-happiness-meeting-111815#post107032:

Thank you for all that you do, to hold the space for these Happiness meetings to keep occurring. I have grown through our meetings as I have learned to focus on my Self. I experience a new relationship with my Self. And, I am just beginning to encounter this vast inner experience, beyond all that I know my Self to be.

I am completely grateful…

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

THERE is a river whose streams make GLAD the city of God,
the Holy Habitation of the Most High.”

Psalms 46;4

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Looking forward to this weeks happiness meeting :-)

Going to have a good think about this one and look forward to “contributing” tomorrow

When I think about self contribution, I think about several things. I think about my purpose in life- what do I contribute to the good of the world. I also think about what I freely give to myself-acceptance, peace, and joy.

At the risk of repeating myself, this is what I came up with as my purpose of life: I started out with a simple sentence about myself and it took me over 100 statements to arrive at this paragraph.

By nurturing my own physical, emotional, and spiritual needs by living consciously and courageously, I resonate with love and compassion, and awaken the great universal knowledge within myself. By consistently embracing my extraordinary human journey, in service to the highest good of all, I make a difference in my world…I am happy!

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

As I continue to think about self contribution, my first impression was to think about what contributions I have made to others. I have spent over thirty years working with small children as a teacher and elementary assistant principal. I know that I have positively energized many children and teachers to pursue learning and positive growth. As a teacher and administrator you receive little feedback so it it difficult to truly know what contribution you have made for others. For me, the flip side of self contribution (to others) is contribution to self. What do I contribute to me? How do I sustain my self? … To be continued..

I listen with my heart and mind to pursue my highest good. My listening includes talking to myself, asking for guidance from above, dreaming sweet dreams, and intending to be a positive person.

One of my affirmations is: “I let go of all worry about what I should or should not do, and simply let myself know what is righ for me to do moment by moment.”

As my life unfolds, if I consistently take the high road, do the right thing, think before I act, then I am giving myself the best I have to offer. I almost never feel guilty, I am up beat, and positive. Other affirmations of mine include:

“I acknowledge love as the fundamental energy of life.”
“Love dissolves all hate, fear, anxiety and insecurity which cause imbalance in my life.
“I radiate love and happiness.”

When and if I can both think and act with these three affirmations as my guide, then I am giving myself all I need to be at peace, self-acceptance, and feel joy. It’s my thought process for self care.

I lovingly borrowed this Quote from another thread (Stole, and proud of it)

“Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it,.If we are frantic, life will be frantic. If we are peaceful, life will be peaceful. ★ღ✰˚ ✰。 Marianne Williamson

What you give to/of yourself, you get!

I choose self acceptance, pride, joy, love, happiness, positivity, and all that good junk!

This is a wonderful topic, and I have spent time in contemplation…

I have done so many things to love and nurture others. I have raised a beautiful daughter who is now 24. And, in all of things that I have done, I think that the best gift that I have ever given to my Self is the gift of forgiveness.

In response to Kathi’s post:
Like you Kathi I have given my love to and nurtured others. I am now at a place of acceptance where I have put myself in doing for others but prioritizing myself first. I take time to just be. I meditate, I spend time in my sanctuary and commune with nature. Life is like a roller coaster, just hang on and enjoy the ride.

And like Kathi & Poppy …safe to say giving is something I too feel good doing and will continue …though yes as you’ve both shared….focusing on self is a top joyous priority to be able to give well to people & areas we feel are important(:

• ~
    I too Poppy, Kathi and Bunique..have spent time in contemplation regarding this topic. Even though the focus thoroughly resonates with me…and ideas pertaining to it are not new for me…this time of my life brings a newness to everything…it seems(:

I began with thoughts, affirmations and quotes that began filling a page…to allow the experiences which are still forming to have words which bring things together. Though the truth is saying… contributing to myself today says many things…and what is screaming the loudest…with love(: is to continue to allow this beautiful process…. Express what I know which is already true for me…though stay open..because each day is unfolding with new beginnings. And my reference points of the past…as wonderful the mentors they are…they mostly serve to cushion my awareness of the beauty that is yet to come.

To contribute to myself means to love myself ‘fully’, that I can choose what that means for myself moment by moment… and allow …and enjoy…and nurture my very being… with lots of the love that goes into other love experiences. Only with myself-it is the parent of it all…as I

to be continued… (:

I really like poppy’s quote from Marianne Williamson and I really like how it ties to the idea of self contribution.

Our greatest contribution to ourselves is to surround ourselves with positivity and warmth such as i’ve experienced from everyone in this community :-)

The stronger we are the more we can help others to grow.

WELL WHAT COMES TO MIND ON THIS TOPIC AMONG OTHER THOUGHTS IS,
PERHAPS PUTTING A HUMOROUS SPIN ON AN ISSUE THAT IS VIEWED AS NEGATIVE
AND DISCONCERTING TO MY LIFE.
IN OTHER WORDS KIND OF MAKING LIGHT OF ANXIETY,RATHER THAN LETTING IT
DEFINE ME ABSOLUTELY…SO PUT YOUR HUMOR HAT ON.

I’VE BEEN HEARING MUCH THESE DAYS ABOUT HOW THE UNIVERSE IS ALWAYS RESPONDING TO MY VIBRATION,AND I TEND TO AGREE,WHY DO YOU THINK I
HIBERNATE SO OFTEN,I KNOW WHEN I’M OFF MY GAME.I ONLY WANT FEEDBACK FROM
THE UNIVERSE WHEN I’M FLOWING DOWNSTREAM OR IN MY “VORTEX“AS IT WERE.(:

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

In response to Lake Placid’s post:

Thank You for your comment.

Its always good when we can laugh and have levity!

laughter is the best medicine(:

Though, I agree with LakePlacid…it is wonderful to hear feedback when we’re in that vortex…
Today I saw an affirmation posted that made me giggle out loud & yet it resonated so wonderfully as an affirmation I will use.

It was Actually I Can

Ya ever find yourself simply defending yourself to yourself with what someone ‘out in the world’ may disagree with…

And what you’d like to say is … Actually I Can

and isn’t that what the Vortex teachings are geared to…the yes you can…and who is to say otherwise. It is not others who are really denying us anything…It is our self talk… in regard to others…

So…in the vortex I go… because Actually I Can

Thanks for sharing LakePlacid…you made sense to me…in a place that I needed to hear for a particular thingee….

In response to “Lake Placid’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7639/happiness-meeting-join-in-today-111815#post107324:
In response to “Kathi’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7639/happiness-meeting-join-in-today-111815#post107360:
In response to ““Just” For Me’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7639/happiness-meeting-join-in-today-111815#post107363:

Ok people, I think I’m up a creek without a paddle or is it I’m in a vortex without my ruby slippers?

In response to Kathi’s post:
In response to Poppy’s post:
now you all have me laughing(:

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content