login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Happiness Mtg .˚ 11-4-15 ★ Topic:Beliefs

Announcement

• Our Next Bmindful Happiness Group Meeting Is on 11/11/2015

• It is impossible for you to be late.
  • Just Pop In & Out…however it works well for you

• It’s really simple…The only requirement is caring about yourself and others.
  • ~

Pop in anytime November 11, 2015 during the meeting …and the day after…(due to different time commitments & time zone-consideration)

This meeting was started a day earlier…posting questions & receiving responses. Feedback was positive when we posted earlier to give members a chance to truly take in the ideas/questions.

• ~
    Reminder with these meetings…save to your favorites…Just like any other thread on Bmindful, you can always bring your fresh energy to it anytime after the meeting date(:

• logo for meeting

Each week we will have a committee devoted to Weekly Happiness Meeting.
Members who decide they’d like this type of participation, simply sign up on this thread. Having a few people with active involvement, even if some members happen to change weekly… we will come together share, grow & have fun(: It will simply be about what Bmindful has always been about…the spirit of positivity, personal growth, synchronicity & love

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

“What do you believe?”

• ~

• ~
    Belief is dynamic and alive.
  • ~

• ~
  • ~
    We become what we believe
    Its a connecting force.

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can’t—you’re right.”
― Henry Ford

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

QUESTIONS TO PONDER FOR TOMORROWS HAPPINESS THREAD MEETING

The goal for today is to open up your awareness to your beliefs so that the power of those beliefs can uplift and support you.

• ~

Beliefs are so powerful, they can make us see everything as clear as day or see nothing at all. It can lead to the highest fulfillment
  • ~
    or lead to frustration and set back.
  • ~
    Are you ready to discover who you are today so that you can open the door to who you want to be?
  • ~
    Today, in our Happiness meeting, we open up to a sacred space into which the beliefs we hold most deeply can emerge.
  • ~
    Today, there are 3 steps I would like to offer you. You are welcome to work with this over several days.
  • ~ So, first, we will open ourselves up, and discover the depth of these beliefs. What makes the difference is not the belief but how self aware you are.
  • ~
  • ~

Beliefs are like our roots. They are core beliefs that we all have. When we nourish our roots, we can continue to experience growth and transformation. As we do this, embrace beliefs that empower us; shift beliefs that hold us back, and then, ignite these beliefs into a unifying force to brings us together. Everyday, our beliefs filter the experience we are having. This happens silently. You may not even be aware of it. How we feel about ourselves and other people colors the other people, our family, our career, our view on politics, and how we perceive world events.

• ~
    You can even make a self planner and spend as much time as you want to allow your deepest beliefs to emerge…

I will give you an example of one belief, and you can see how reversing this belief is self evident. “I’ll believe it when I see it.” Reverse this into: “I actually see it when I believe it.”

If you examine your belief in your inner strength, you’ll see it every time you face a challenge.

If you believe in love, it will appear in places where others see no love at all.

• The more dynamic your beliefs the more dynamic your life
  • Centering Affirmation: “My beliefs enhance my life.”

pictures for intro are being discussed. Thanks for your patience while choices are being reviewed

We all seek to believe in ourselves and in something Greater than ourselves. Let’s discuss ways which inspire and create.
Create a path today

this weeks current committee Poppy -chairperson of Mtg. 11/4/2015★, Kathi★ – SelfCare/“JustFor Me(:★ and powerful collaborative inspiration regularly from existing threads & members.

• ~

Though beyond members…will give credit where credit is due-Would like to thank Deepak Chopra for being an inspiration for the direction of ideas on this thread….

• ~
    & special thanks to Kathi for developing questions to truly bring us so many wonderful ideas to ponder!!!(: and Selfcare for capturing messages with thread’s visuals and some enhancement(:

• ~
    From Mahatma Gandhi:

Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your habits
Your habits become your values
Your values become your destiny

And a special thanks to Poppy, for his enthusiasm and community spirit desiring to continue these weekly threads. It adds for such personal and community continuity(: something to joyfully look forward to, and something one can anticipate growth from… That is a wonderful RAK!!!

We find what we are seeking…It’s a given(: So everyone continues to get what they need/desire…if that’s what we’re vibrating toward/ seeking (:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Not to confuse anyone, I do have more than 1 profile…I am also selfcare.
    have shared why …though bottom line, it has assisted in sharing my beliefs/feelings(:
Q U O T E S
  • The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be. Marcel Pagnol
  • ~
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    An elderly Cherokee Native American was teaching his grandchildren about life. . . He said to them, “A fight is going on inside me, it is a terrible fight and it is between two wolves. One wolf is evil—he is fear, anger, envy, sorrow, regret, greed, arrogance, self-pity, guilt, resentment, inferiority, lies, false pride, competition, superiority, and ego. The other is good –he is joy, peace, love, hope, sharing, serenity, humility, kindness, benevolence, friendship, empathy, generosity, truth, compassion and faith. This same fight is going on inside you, and inside every other person, too.” They thought about it for a minute and then one child asked his grandfather, “Which wolf will win?” The Elder simply replied, “The one you feed.”
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

As consciousness grows it will manifest in enlarged opportunities and a greater field of action. Feel that you are surrounded by all the power that there is when you speak and never doubt but that what you say will spring into being. We should speak right out into mind all that we desire, and believe that it will be done unto us. See yourself as being in the position that you desire, mentally dwell upon it and then speak with perfect assurance that it is done; and then forget it and trust in the law. . . Remember that you cannot hope to get results unless you keep but the one idea and do not mix thoughts in your mind. All is yours, but you must take it. The taking is always a mental process; it is believing absolutely. This is divine principle. Ernest Holmes

The affirmation is the great weapon of the healer; it is in alignment with the way of the original creative spirit and is the true use of the Word of All Power. We need only to say that our word is the law unto the case and calmly state what we want to be done, and then say and do nothing that contradicts it and wait for the fulfillment of that word. There is a power that operates on what we say, and it is done unto us, and we need have no fear about the results. Ernest Holmes
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ See if you can catch, that is to say, notice, the voice in the head, perhaps in the very moment it complains about something, and recognize it for what it is: the voice of the ego, no more than a conditioned mind pattern, a thought. Whenever you notice that voice, you will also realize that you are not the voice, but the one who is aware of it. In fact, you are the awareness that is aware of the voice. In the background, there is the awareness. In the foreground, there is the voice, the thinker. In this way you are becoming free of the ego, free of the unobserved mind. The moment you become aware of the ego in you, it is strictly speaking no longer the ego, but just an old, conditioned mind pattern. Ego implies unawareness. Awareness and ego cannot coexist. The old mind-pattern or mental habit may still survive and reoccur for a while because it has the momentum of thousands of years of collective human unconsciousness behind it, but every time it is recognized, it is weakened. Eckart Tolle
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    What I discovered [after 25 years of investigation] was that happiness is not something that happens. It is not the result of good fortune or random chance. It is not something that money can buy or power command. It does not depend on outside events, but rather, on how we interpret them. Happiness, in fact, is a condition that must be prepared for, cultivated, and defended privately by each person. People who learn to control inner experience will be able to determine the quality of their lives Book Flow:The Psychology of Optimal Experience by Mihaly Csikszentmihalyi
  • ~
    Your real enemies are the self-defeating thoughts, paltry expectations, and beliefs that you must live at less than full throttle. You will experience as much pain as you are willing to accept. You do have control over how much you hurt. Pain happens; suffering is optional. You can choose thoughts that bring you relief rather than imprisonment. To find your freedom, stand at the doorway of your mind and monitor your thoughts. Notice which ones lift you and which ones drag you down. Then, like a bouncer at an exclusive party, admit only those on the invitation list and send the others back where they came from. Fate is not a net cast over you by capricious fortune; it is a garden you cultivate by the thoughts you attend to. Shift your attention and you will shift your life. Alan Cohen from his book Why Your Life Sucks And What You Can Do About It

I Am living a Divine plan

First off wonderful quote in Robert’s post:
“WE CREATE OUR OWN HEAVEN OR HELL. YOUR THOUGHTS CAN IMPRISON YOU OR SET YOU FREE. COMPLICATIONS, CONDITIONS OR PEOPLE DO NOT UPSET YOU, BUT THE WAY YOU THINK ABOUT THEM CAUSES YOU UPSET. FREEDOM IS NOT POSSIBLE UNTIL WE DISCIPLINE AND RETRAIN OUR MINDS” (Susan Smith Jones PHD)

Abraham summarized the significant idea of our beliefs CREATE our experiences from Robert’s explanation: and thoughts on keeping things too simple

• I agree on all counts(:
  • Depending on how we begin & elaborately cover our life experiences with labels…as mentioned above…more beliefs) …we sometimes miss this vital basic which needs reinforcing at a loving, personally acceptable base level I enjoy hearing…life is supposed to be enjoyable…like Robert shares…and that does good things for me. Though a biggy for me in addition to recognizing how enjoyable I believe it is supposed to be is the premise … Treat yourself as if you matter
  • Sometimes 1 word brings us home,sometimes an idea… and other times we need a book lol(: When we move away from this idea…(or ‘forget’ it with the veil with the infamous ‘something else’ in our minds) hearing these ideas in several different ways only serves to build our neural pathways to remember for more for experiences to come
  • Knowing we need to actively do things for ourselves …needs a premise, or it can feel like more work. Treating myself as though I matter…brings connotations of making sure I Am happy…and that involves love that I can assure myself all of the time if I remember to Treat yourself as if I matter
  • Though, as with any belief which works for us becomes more ‘part of us’… we begin to see the reinforcement everywhere. As we seek, we find. As we become… it is. Claiming it…as so…when we come from that place…all moves from there.
  • So 1 example is with the use of affirmations…what we’d like to incorporate more of…we reinforce/create as we go along.
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to my post above: I listened to an Abe video with Wayne Dyer and it added good things to what I was seeking.

It helped me pinpoint some huge basics for my journey in life ‘today’ & my thoughts which flowed off my pen may have been too basic for someone else…. though totally clarified what works for me in this area
This is what came to me & I shared on a thread 5 hours ago.

• ~
    Play a loving game of customer service person with yourself… and watch life become wonderful!
    Asking questions like this of yourself:

How can I help you?
Are you finding everything you need?
What are you looking for?
May I get you anything else?
If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask… (with a sense of urgency & kindness of course)
If at any time you don’t see what you need, I will Special order it for you, and find ways to stock it for you so it will be here next time.
I’ll be right with you. Oh yes, and Have a Wonderful Day.
And don’t forget to fill out a satisfaction report, it is valuable to know if I served you well and how else I can continue to better your experience.
~

For myself, it does break down to love….demonstrative love for oneself… stating something I love to share…& Robert so eloquently repeats in many of his threads… Treat yourself as if you matter and all other areas which you believe you value will get the focus intended. At least this is what I believe(: It lays a foundation for footwork, which can often s feel like skipping… I said often…There are times… It’s not a walk in the park…though…believe I’m getting back there & find the good where I can…that’s my belief(:

• ~
    with love, selfcare
  • ~

There is a Power around you that knows and that understands all things. This Power works like the soil; it receives the seed of your thought and at once begins to operate upon it. It will receive whatever you give to it and will create for you and throw back at you whatever you think into it. Ernest Holmes,Creative Mind.

The affirmation is the great weapon of the healer; it is in alignment with the way of the original creative spirit and is the true use of the Word of All Power. We need only to say that our word is the law unto the case and calmly state what we want to be done, and then say and do nothing that contradicts it and wait for the fulfillment of that word. There is a power that operates on what we say, and it is done unto us, and we need have no fear about the results. Ernest Holmes,Creative Mind

I repeated these 2 quotes above by Ernest Holmes here-because they relate & because I find them very powerful.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Robert’s post:

Nicely said.

“WHETHER YOU THINK YOU CAN, OR THINK YOU CAN’T. YOU’RE RIGHT

Ford seems to be saying, our beliefs cut both ways. They can either act to inhibit us OR empower us and set us free.

This is what I believe.. I am in 100% agreement..

I often use too little words to express what I am intending on saying.. I appreciate the complexity and depth of your response.

In response to abraham’s post:

Yes, simply put, our beliefs do create our experiences. This is how I think,, simplistic one might think, however, I give great thought to things and condense them down to their essential parts and that works for me.

In response to SelfCare˚‘s post:

You said, when we use affirmations…we reinforce/create…as we go along. We CREATE our own personal reality. We are co-creators… Think about that one for awhile!

Play a loving game of customer service person with yourself… and watch life become wonderful!
Asking questions like this of yourself:

How can I help you?
I am courteous, knowledgable, and kind.

Are you finding everything you need?
I am capable of satisfying your needs

What are you looking for?
I have creative ideas to match your needs

May I get you anything else?
I am resourceful

If you need anything else, don’t hesitate to ask… (with a sense of urgency & kindness of course)
I am here to serve

If at any time you don’t see what you need, I will Special order it for you, and find ways to stock it for you so it will be here next time.
Your wish is my command

I’ll be right with you. Oh yes, and Have a Wonderful Day.
You are important to me. Best wishes

And don’t forget to fill out a satisfaction report, it is valuable to know if I served you well and how else I can continue to better your experience.
I am doing my best to serve you.

My quick answers sound amazingly like positive affirmations!

In response to Poppy’s post:
Wow! I see where you’re headed with the affirmations…I will see what I get..and really really good idea!(:
Your wish is my command love it!
I have creative ideas to match your needs love it!

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The questions I was asking …assist me in having a true conversation with myself, that I can feel. Sometimes, in a world that becomes a bit busy…even an affirmation can get too automatic, and it doesn’t connect …enough…for me. Though by emotionalizing responses to these questions..I see a wonderful set of affirmations too(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’d love to give a vivid example of affirming/manifesting(: I have a recent
example at my disposal. Yesterday I had a variety of affirmations I used, before work…which I’ll share a few..after I locate…

• ~
    Anyway, I had a full day yesterday on the job There were lots of individuals to assist back to back, administrators who were ‘taking notes’ & addressing new procedures, devices not working…and myself who wanted to simply do good & enjoy my little brains out(:

Even before I got home, when I finished my day…& trust me I was beat…though all was well. I called a friend. I was giggling with lovely amazement…that no matter what I contended with…I found ways to giggle, have fun, and pass it on to others around me in a very natural fun loving way. were there moments that I needed to step back & say…really? lol this is happening?(: And then added tools…and continued on..Though, I won’t tell a fib, when it was time to go home…I was even more joyful(:

so grateful & appreciative for this community which reinforces wonderful things in my life(:

saving this for thoughts for our uniqueness in sharing/styles. It’s all good of course(: & yes, Robert, It’s all good is part of my daily expression(: While it wasn’t a foreign thing for me to say before…now it seems to be involved in “everything” Thanks for that(:

As I review the thread, I see the beautiful diversity of expression, and I feel honored and privileged to be part of this community where I get the opportunity to not only process things for myself, though also…interact with everyone of you(: Thank you!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think we all want to fix the world. Whether we realize it or not. On a conscious level, many of us feel inspired to save the planet. On an unconscious level, we have the drive to survive. We know that if the planet goes down, so do we. So, we have very good intentions. But good intentions are not good enough. We most often feel inadequate to take on the worlds problems or we are just too busy trying to make it through the day. (Your positive affirmation doesn’t connect..enough..for you.) I don’t think affirmations connect enough for most of us because we have limiting beliefs. We say to ourselves, either consciously or unconsciously, I’m too small, too insignificant to fix the world. I’m just one in billions. What can I do to fix this mess? So our limiting beliefs stop us in our tracks.

In response to Poppy’s post: Thanks so much for responding…found great things there… (and will respond in a later post )
And of course, (:

though …first I’d like to clarify what I was meaning about the affirmations not connecting enough for me…What I was referring to was: I found a way to connect with myself, and while I DEFINITELY utilize affirmations and written intentions, and they work incredibly for me…self talk in a very loving voice (not out loud -smiles) …is so darn enjoyable…and part of a first line of tools often first before affirmations…because it is a real 1 on 1 conversation (lol). Yes, I’m OK(: giggles.

When I do this chat-thing I can then positively emotionalize my affirmations…that are bland (in comparison) without remembering who they are for. (: Does that make sense?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes it does make sense. I use positive affirmations and they work for me too. My mind went off on a tangent about how we often have negative thoughts/beliefs that sabotage our manifestations.. It goes back to what Kathi said earlier…“Beliefs are so powerful, they can make us see everything as clear as day or see nothing at all. It can lead to the highest fulfillment or lead to frustration and set back.”

Glad I made sense(: And while I may have not been hearing you as you intended…it was good to clarify…for myself(: And very good to now hear you, & be conversing with you, & not just speaking to myself so I can process(:

• ~
    (I believe) I understand completely (: negative thoughts/beliefs that sabotage our manifestations… No doubt here!(: And you can feel those nasties, and thank goodness for all of these awesome tools. Because not only do they help us feel great…they create! They pave the way…they encourage… they make room for fresh places in our spirit to see things brand new.
  • ~
    and yes!!!(:

“Beliefs are so powerful, they can make us see everything as clear as day or see nothing at all. It can lead to the highest fulfillment or lead to frustration and set back.”

• ~
    now I can hear your wonderful thoughts better(:
So, we have very good intentions. But good intentions are not good enough. We most often feel inadequate to take on the worlds problems or we are just too busy trying to make it through the day. (Your positive affirmation doesn’t connect..enough..for you.) I don’t think affirmations connect enough for most of us because we have limiting beliefs. We say to ourselves, either consciously or unconsciously, I’m too small, too insignificant to fix the world. I’m just one in billions. What can I do to fix this mess? So our limiting beliefs stop us in our tracks.
  • ~
    And so true! & well stated…just needed to clean out my filters(:
  • ~
    Wonderful Happiness meeting! and it isn’t even Wednesday yet(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It is so Wednesday and let us continue to begin…Yesterday I posted a short Gandhi saying:

From Mahatma Gandhi:
“Your beliefs become your thoughts
Your thoughts become your words
Your words become your actions
Your actions become your habits
Your habits become your values
Your values become your destiny”

Thoughts on Gandhi’ s Words—-by Poppy

If my beliefs become my thoughts
Then I must think positively.

If my thoughts become my words
Then I must speak truthfully

If my words become my actions
Then I must act with kindness

If my actions become my habits
Then I must do the right thing

If my habits become my values
Then I must be true to myself

If my values become my destiny
Then I must believe in love

If I believe in love
Then my
Thoughts
Words
Actions
Habits
Values
And Destiny
Are love.

What do you believe?

This is an article by Dr. Bruce Lipton—-Author of “The Biology of Belief”

It is somewhat long, but I think worth the read.

The Nature Of Dis-Ease—-Bruce Lipton

Sometimes, the body’s natural harmony breaks down, and we experience dis-ease, which is a reflection of the body’s inability to maintain normal control of its function-providing systems. Because behavior is created through the interaction of proteins with their complementary signals, there are really only two sources of dis-ease: either the proteins are defective or the signals are distorted.

About 5 percent of the world’s population is born with birth defects, which means they have mutated genes that code for dysfunctional proteins. Structurally deformed or defective proteins can “jam the machine,” disturb normal pathway functions, and impair the character and quality of lives. However, 95 percent of the human population arrives on this planet with a perfectly functional set of gene blueprints.

Because the majority of us have a perfectly healthy genome and produce functional proteins, illness in this group can likely be attributed to the nature of the signal. There are three primary situations in which signals contribute to dysfunction and dis-ease.

The first is trauma. If you twist or misalign your spine and physically impede the transmission of the nervous system’s signals, it may result in a distortion of the information being exchanged between the brain and the body’s cells, tissues, and organs.

The second is toxicity. Toxins and poisons in our system represent inappropriate chemistry that can distort the signal’s information on its path between the nervous system and the targeted cells and tissues. Altered signals, derived from either of these causes, can inhibit or modify normal behaviors and lead to the expression of dis-ease.

The third and most important influence of signals on the dis-ease process is thought, the action of the mind. Mind-related illnesses do not require that there be anything physically wrong with the body at the outset of the dis-ease. Health is predicated upon the nervous system’s ability to accurately perceive environmental information and selectively engage appropriate, life-sustaining behaviors. If a mind misinterprets environmental signals and generates an inappropriate response, survival is threatened because the body’s behaviors become out of synch with the environment. We may not think that a thought could be enough to undermine an entire system, but, in fact, misperceptions can be lethal.

Consider the situation of a person with anorexia. While relatives and friends clearly perceive that this skin-and-bones individual is near death, the anorexic looks in a mirror and sees a fat person. Using this distorted view, that resembles an image in a funhouse mirror, the anorexic’s brain attempts to control a misperceived runaway weight gain, by-oops!-inhibiting the system’s metabolic functions.

The brain, like any governing entity, seeks harmony. Neural harmony is expressed as a measure of congruency between the mind’s perceptions and the life we experience.

An interesting insight into how the mind creates harmony between its perceptions and the real world is frequently illustrated in stage hypnosis shows. A volunteer from the audience is invited onstage, hypnotized, and asked to pick up a glass of water, which the volunteer is told weighs one thousand pounds. With that misinformation, the volunteer struggles unsuccessfully with straining muscles, bulging veins, and perspiration. How can that be? Obviously the glass doesn’t weigh one thousand pounds even though the mind of the subject firmly believes that it does.

To manifest the perceived reality of a thousand pound glass of water, something that cannot be lifted, the hypnotized subject’s mind fires a signal to the muscles used to lift the glass at the same time it fires contradictory signals to the muscles used to set the glass down! This results in an isometric exercise wherein two groups of muscles work to oppose each other, which results in no net movement-but a lot of strain and sweat.

Cells, tissues, and organs do not question information sent by the nervous system. Rather, they respond with equal fervor to accurate life-affirming perceptions and to self-destructive misperceptions. Consequently, the nature of our perceptions greatly influences the fate of our lives.

While most of us are aware of the healing influences of the placebo effect, few are aware of its evil twin, the nocebo effect. Just as surely as positive thoughts can heal, negative ones-including the belief we are susceptible to an illness or have been exposed to a toxic condition-can actually manifest the undesired realities of those thoughts.

Japanese children allergic to a poison ivy-like plant took part in an experiment where a leaf of the poisonous plant was rubbed onto one forearm. As a control, a nonpoisonous leaf resembling the toxic plant was rubbed on the other forearm. As expected almost all of the children broke out in a rash on the arm rubbed with the toxic leaf and had no response to the imposter leaf.

What the children did not know was that the leaves were purposefully mislabeled. The negative thought of being touched by the poisonous plant led to the rash produced by the nontoxic leaf! In the majority of cases, no rash resulted from contact with the toxic leaf that was thought to be the harmless control. The conclusion is simple: positive perceptions enhance health, and negative perceptions precipitate dis-ease. This mind-bending example of the power of belief was one of the founding experiments that led to the science of psychoneuroimmunology.

Considering that a minimum of one third of all medical healings are attributed to the placebo effect, what percentage of illness and disease might be the result of negative thought in the nocebo effect? Perhaps more than we think, especially since psychologists estimate that 70 percent of our thoughts are negative and redundant.

Perceptions have a tremendous influence in shaping the character and experiences of our lives. They’re the reason why those faith-filled folks can swig poison, joyously play with deadly snakes and lift a car to free a loved one. Perceptions shape the placebo and nocebo effects. They are more influential than positive thinking because they are more than mere thoughts in your mind. Perceptions are beliefs that permeate every cell. Simply, the expression of the body is a complement to the mind’s perceptions, or, in simpler terms, believing is seeing!

Accurate perceptions encourage success; misperceptions threaten survival.

Almost all of us have unknowingly acquired limiting, self-sabotaging misperceptions that undermine our strength, health, and desires.

Our most influential perceptual programs have mainly been acquired from others and do not necessarily support our own personal goals and aspirations. In fact, many of our strengths and weaknesses, the parts of ourselves we own as who we are, are directly attributable to familial and cultural perceptions downloaded into our minds before we were six years old. Programmed perceptions acquired in these developmental years are primarily responsible for health and behavioral issues experienced in our adult lives. Consider how many children never realize their full potential or dreams because of limiting programming.

Not surprisingly, these self-sabotaging programs also thwart us as we try to change conditions in the world. This insight tells us that before we go out to change the world, we must first look inward to change ourselves. Then, by changing our beliefs, we do change the world.

As with changing the world, changing ourselves sometimes requires more than good intentions. We must understand the nature of the mind and how the brain’s divine dualities, the conscious and subconscious minds, control the expression of our perceptions.

Poppy and everyone who posted yesterday…thank you for so much wonderful inspiration!!!(:
& Poppy thank you for the wonderful posts this morning!!!

In regard to your question of what do I believe… (which isn’t a new concept as much as it is…one that is easy to forget) It isn’t about learning something new as much as it is the art of forgetting what we’ve learned that doesn’t work for us.

Most of my days…I know happiness has nothing to do what someone else thinks of me. Yet, do I waste any precious time wondering, desiring, enjoying, and sometimes hurting & worrying about what anyone thinks at any given time ? Sure, I have, and probably will again at some time. I Am human, it has happened(:
  • ~

Though, the ‘trick’ is to remember we can’t ever know the context of another’s beliefs…unless full disclosure from them occurs…and if they can communicate it, if they know, or if they are being honest with themselves or us. The thing I ‘try’ to practice…is the beauty of uncertainty. I can be certain that I care and can demonstrate love to myself, though I cannot be certain others can. I can even be certain that how I care about me will improve.

With that knowledge, all the good I receive from others is icing on the cake…And that icing can be awesome & delicious…though too much of it without wonderful cake to balance it out…is harmful to my taste-buds and my system.

By actively loving myself, I can love the world.

By actively loving myself, I can survive the day.
    By actively loving myself, I can create ideas which surpass my previous limitations.

Poppy stated this yesterday(:
So, we have very good intentions. But good intentions are not good enough.

We most often feel inadequate to take on the worlds problems or we are just too busy trying to make it through the day.

I don’t think affirmations connect enough for most of us because we have limiting beliefs.

We say to ourselves, either consciously or unconsciously, I’m too small, too insignificant to fix the world. I’m just one in billions. What can I do to fix this mess? So our limiting beliefs stop us in our tracks.

Part of what I believe can be found in quotes below and reminded me of Poppy’s thoughts:

You weren’t born guilty. You were born bold and playful. Then you forgot who you are and what you deserve. When you remember who you were before you learned to apologize for asking, you’ll have everything you want. Alan Cohen

• ~~~
    By bringing about a change in our outlook toward things and events, all phenomena can become sources of happiness. The Dalai Lama
  • ~~~

It isn’t what you have, or who you are, or where you are, or what you are doing that makes you happy or unhappy. It is what you think about. Dale Carnegie

• ~~~
    There is only one cause of unhappiness: the false beliefs you have in your head, beliefs so widespread, so commonly held, that it never occurs to you to question them. Anthony de Mello
  • ~~~
    The best years of your life are the ones in which you decide your problems are your own. You do not blame them on your mother, the ecology, or the president. You realize that you control your own destiny. Albert Ellis
  • ~~~

• I acknowledge and appreciate the synchronicities in my daily life.
    • I disperse compassion and love wherever I go.
    • I am thankful for the graces that take me beyond my limits.
    • I redeem the earth and include all humanity in my heart.
    • I keep finding an inner source of strength and comfort in and beyond my soul
    • I seek community with others on my path.
    • I open myself to every transformation that is ready to happen in and through me.
    • I drop the need for certainty; I am comfortable with ambiguity.
    • I respect the right of others to reject my path.
    • I let go of fear and obligation and live by love and choice.
    • I acknowledge a world beyond my senses, a truth beyond my intellect, a wisdom beyond logic, a power beyond my limits, a serene design despite any distressing display

Affirmations are from David Richo
from Unexpected Miracles: The Gift of Synchronicity & How to Open it

post in in process:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Robert’s post:

Thank you All for your contribution to this meeting!

All of your thoughts are are like a place in heaven!

In other words, your words and your views are transportational…

And, I can feel everything that your beliefs create in that space.

I align with the passion. I align with the GOAL that this passion so deeply stirs.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

My belief is that there is no separation between our inner dialogue and what happens in our consciousness.

All of our collective journeys have brought us into the nexus of this stream of thought.

We have been heading this direction, interacting with the creation of our energy field, which is supplied by our beliefs, and awoken by deepening our awareness of our beliefs.

Every cell in our body connects us to our inheritance.

We are luminous beings; the coming together of space, time, energy (beliefs), information and matter that has become self aware.

We are an evolutionary impulse of the universe in its next stage of evolution!

Yes, Poppy, I believe that you are correct when you said that we all want to “fix” the world…!

The real question that is being asked inside is:
“What do I want to contribute to the world and when do I want to start?”

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

In response to abraham’s post:

Abraham, I wanted to thank and acknowledge your contribution! Its wonderful to share the creation of this thread with you!

So, my belief is that there is a direct relationship b/t our inner dialogue (beliefs) and synchronicity.

We actively create synchronicity as we manifest desire.

What am I willing to create?

The most creative act that I will undertake is the act of self creation!

Here are a few affirmations:

I create success from within

My beliefs enhance my life.

I go beyond limiting beliefs and I accept my Self completely.

I am willing to prosper from everything.

I have found a place inside where Nothing is Impossible.

I heal my Self, and I heal the world.

I see the world as an extension of my Self.

I see relationships as mirrors.

I have clarity about my intentions.

The more I begin to notice synchronicity showing up in my life, the more this gets repeated.

I align my intentionality with unpredictability; this allows for greater synchronicity.

I go beyond ego and I get in touch with my Soul; I am creating a magnetic energy field.

Today I am totally dynamic, totally alive to unlimited possibilities!

I revel in the Glory of the connection b/t my Self and others!

I choose to surround my Self with Beliefs uplift and support me.

My brain is a superhighway! My brain is designed for unlimited potential. Learning comes naturally and instantly!

Great affirmations!

Hey everyone :-)

I love this thread and the affirmations everyone are sharing today.

I think belief is incredibly important as many others have said already you have to have positive thoughts for positive thinks to happen to you and those around you.

I thought I would share a link to a video (song) about positive thinking and the law of attraction which I hope you all enjoy [Video Link] :-)

In response to bunique’s post: empowering lyrics… thanks bunique for the post(: I enjoy music on threads, and that one fit very well.

It is always a pleasure to have you join in with us!!! (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi’s post:

“The most creative act that I will undertake is the act of self creation!”

I find this to be a most powerful thought. I have read it over and over again in the course of this day.

I release hidden limitations of my beliefs by bringing them to the fore front….

I do not need to fight against these limiting beliefs, I just need to face them and take my center.

The more I am my Authentic Self, the more these limiting beliefs no longer serve me and they loose their power.

Every hidden belief that I uncover, I take that energy and I add it to my core, my source.

New affirmation:

As I approach my core, my True Self, I am strengthened.

My True Self can be trusted to guide Me.

I choose to tap in to infinite abundance and inner guidance.

I awaken to the reality of freedom and love.

I cherish all sacredness in and around me, and in others.

I am open to the Love of my Higher Self.

I choose to surrender everything that is not supporting my Highest Good. I move forward and I’m free now.

I commit to miraculous shifts in my beliefs. I start with forgiveness…

I trust the universe to provide for all that I need.

I am interested in exploring all dimensions of my sacred space.
True self power comes from within… Nothing is beyond my reach.

There is so much more that I want to know about what exactly I am before I can begin to understand who I am.

I detach from ego. Every time ego comes back, I notice it, because ego is not me. Ego is unconsciousness. “I AM” consciousness.

Poppy’s post: agree Poppy, that too resonated powerfully for me.
  • ~

Kathi’s post The most creative act that I will undertake is the act of self creation! yes, this is it!!! (I believe this) (: from there we go anywhere our heart desires(: IT means (for me) with creating anything in any capacity for self, for individuals, for community, and the larger scope …

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I just posted this on another thread, ( New Thought-Ella Wheelcox ) but I think it applies here too.

Quite remarkable woman who at the time was so far ahead of her time or maybe she was right in her time or behind her time. My mind is coming to believe the things she spoke of are universal truths. Laws of nature that have eluded people for ages. And thought that still eludes present day man. We have what we think we have—-what we say we have.

To me this illustrates the duality of thought and belief. If you believe yourself poor in your thoughts and acts, you will create poverty in your future. If you believe yourself kind in your thoughts and acts, you will create kindness in your future.

Can life be this simple and complex at the same time? Happiness, Health, Sickness, Poverty, Wealth all within our thoughts and acts, our intentions?

I firmly believe the missing factor in my above evaluation is something we hesitantly speak about and that is Spirit. That Spark, that breath of life God gives us. Every human, every creature, every known and unknown thing in the universe— a Higher Force, who I call God , has set into motion universal laws that govern —- the universe. She has given us free will. Choice to believe in love, goodness, evil, hate and to act accordingly.

Our thoughts are the seeds we plant for our future. The words we speak are the fertilizer, water, light, that bring our thoughts to fruition.

So by extension, when we have negative thoughts/beliefs we can cancel their growth by NEVER speaking them and giving them fertile soil to grow. And by the same token, we can grow positive thoughts/beliefs by FREQUENTLY speaking them. These are our Positive Affirmations!

Thank you Poppy for your post.

I say that context is definitive.

When you believe you are worthy, your life unfolds in ways that reflect your worthiness.

I believe that I have very slowly begun to identify many doubts and fears.
And, I am facing my fears.
As they arise, I notice them; I “take my center”… my center is my solar plexus, around the umbilicus.

The more I center, the more fear and doubt are beginning to dissolve. And, my breathing is becoming more central. It is as if, when I breath out, I am aware of letting go, surrendering, emptying out all the stress…

I am not afraid of facing and of releasing old fears. I thank them for what they did provide, and I reclaim my center.

I have so many beliefs. And I only want to focus on core, internal beliefs.

This is time intensive… this cannot be rushed.

I choose the benefit of truly having beliefs that shape my potential, and let me experience the Divine within.

For now, I believe that if I can experience my Divinity, then I can continue nurturing more positivity…

“The more I center, the more fear and doubt are beginning to dissolve. And, my breathing is becoming more central. It is as if, when I breath out, I am aware of letting go, surrendering, emptying out all the stress…”

When I feel the least bit of stress I can calmly take several deep breaths and move forward with more deliberate thought to resist reacting to the situation in a negative way and following a path of kindness, compassion, and understanding. I am always better off and so are the other people in the situation. Even if they are still upset or hatefully angry, my kind, calm, demeanor soon extinguishes their fire.

Hi guys! Wonderful direction this thread is now heading. Love the affirmation-energy and the thoughts on centering. I do believe this thread remains quite active(:

I especially like When I feel the least bit of stress I can calmly take several deep breaths and move forward with more deliberate thought to resist reacting to the situation in a negative way and following a path of kindness, compassion, and understanding.

• ~
    I am often asked at my place of business, how are you able to service so many individuals in a day. My response is often 1 at a time(: And I start over a lot(:

Starting fresh is big with me. Often even when anyone is sharing with me, even on a personal level…I listen to each encounter (almost) as if I hadn’t met them before. This not only assists me to come from an even more loving-centered place…though it allows all growth/changes another has experienced since we shared last, or even statements before…to be in the moment… It helps. I have never written it before..though it seems to express this experience(:

I Am living a Divine plan

In response to ““Just” For Me’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7549/happiness-mtg-11-4-15-next-mtg11112015#post105442:
In response to “Poppy’s post”:http://bmindful.com/forum/thread/7549/happiness-mtg-11-4-15-next-mtg11112015#post105436:
Thank you Poppy and Just for me…

It is my hope that the thread, and, more importantly, that the content of the theme continue to cause us to examine, explore, expand and ignite…

I have had quite an interesting journey with this inquiry… and I am amazed at how much is coming up. I literally feel like I’ve dropped a fifty pound sack from my back… THAT is almost a side conversation; the things that I’ve been carrying!!

So, yes, I hope that any and all participants continue to dig and expose the GOLD, because its everywhere with this theme of Beliefs.

This theme of Beliefs is like that famous picture of the iceberg, where what was on top is slight in comparison to what was underneath.

So, I invite us all to keep your query going… Be generous with yourself. It does not take much to stir up a place in your life/a relationship where you have many feelings or memories that were not good. Suddenly, you have identified beliefs that you are still carrying…

“What you identify with, you become.”

There was a period of time earlier this morning when I thought this whole conversation was beginning to give me a headache! But, truth told, I was confronted. And I know this because I was starting in on the blame game!!! I instantly caught my Self, and my suffering and anxiety stopped! I breathed, I got centered, and I recognized in an instant:
Ok, here is a moment of creation! And I chose what I now want to identify with.

Where ever I am in my life, its a reflection of what I believe is possible for me now.

I am the creator of my perceptions and I have the power to shift my reality.

Right now, in this very moment, everything I think, say and do is an expression of a belief.

I feel ABSOLUTE synchronicity and alignment with this topic of examining, exploring, shifting, embracing and igniting beliefs…!

I did not recognize this earlier, but I do now, that I was/am going through a metamorphorisis. A personal transformation.

I now recognize that when the monthly Happiness meeting became weekly meetings, that something significant was coming forward in life. What mattered the most was connecting my beliefs and my deeper passion for positivity.

I am in the process of recognizing, appreciating and synthesizing my wholeness, my healthiness, my healing, my vitality, my life force.

I now recognize that I did have many hidden beliefs that reinforced the experience of separation of my wholeness: in mind, body and spirit.

Now that I have a renewed relationship with my True Self, all of my core beliefs will expand the experience of my wholeness.

I can now release anxiety and fear about aging!!! I believe that everything in my life has brought me to this very wholesome belief… and wholesome habit of referring to my True Self.

Today, I believe that I/you/we are in the most profound way whole, complete and perfect beings!

I allow my Self to be healed from my past. I connect to a very loving, joyful and energizing belief that my True Self is Divinely perfect and complete.

I am very pleased to hear you have found this meeting to have been extremely valuable.

I am also throughly convinced that these meetings are helpful to many others who have read the comment posts but have chosen not to respond.

Self growth can only be achieved individually and how one chooses to move from where they are to where they want to be is not as important as the fact they are learning and growing and moving forward in their own life.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content