login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Beliefs

Beliefs...

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

“Space consciousness, the final frontier, to boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

A word that comes to my mind is maturity. Adversity helps up develop maturity. In the US and I suspect in other parts of the world there seems to be a growing culture of entitlement and victim-hood. I sincerely believe we have a lot of “adults” who are really just spoiled children in adult bodies teaching actual children that they are entitled to reward without effort and if they fail at anything that they are really just victims of some sort of “ism”. When a person goes through adversity he will gain wisdom. Some people never reach wisdom, but, adversity is a pretty good teacher. One thing that maturity and wisdom gives us is the patience to understand that we have control over some parts of our lives, but, not all. Some things take effort. Some things take diligence. And tornadoes don’t care how diligent you are or how wise you are, a tornado is a tornado. It doesn’t care what you think. Adversity teaches us to accept tornadoes for what they are.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

You are so correct! Entitlement is a growing problem in th U.S. Entitlement in itself is not bad, it is the lack of responsibility we take for our own actions. If we take no responsibility for our actions, then we are truly acting irresponsibly. The word childlike does comes to mind. Becoming a responsible adult is not always fun. You have to make hard decisions about your life and be strong enough in your convictions to survive those things that blow you away ( tornadoes) we all have the strength and resolve to overcome adversity but there is a always great effort involved. It is our responsibility to choose our own path and not blame someone else for our condition.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

If you had a magic wand and every time you waved it you got what you wanted, your life would be miserable and meaningless and inescapable boredom. The only way out would be to wave your wand and wish for something beyond your ability to control. To escape you would eventually have to break your wand.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

10470734_866240346749789_7919396527221691171_o.jpg

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Tony-Robbins-Quotes-2.jpg

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content