login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ACCEPTANCE

What does acceptance mean to you, and how has having acceptance done tremendous things for you lately?

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Quotes:
Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid. Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

It means I have control on my reactions to events and what other people do. If someone does something not pleasing to me, I Accept that they have their own reasons and I cannot control them, what I can control is how I react to the person or situation and i’ve chosen only good or sometimes non-reaction.

ACCEPTANCE —— Allow Clutter to Clear and Envelope the Present To Act and Negotiate the Circumstances for Eternal happiness.

To me acceptance is total surrender also. I am into believing that whatever happens , happens for our utmost best and by surrendering to God’s will we can keep our lives simple. We must keep striving and working hard but at the same time let Him decide and declare the results of our hard work.Whenever I have surrendered I have emerged happier and stronger.

This life is possible because my soul is residing in this body in my present incarnation. I, as the body, am not aware of the lessons I am here to learn or the Karmic debts I am here to nullify, so I can never fully understand the fine lines and designes of the Almighty, to whom my soul is connected. Only when I develop the capability and quietness to listen to the silence of the soul can I be ‘aware’. Awareness will bring acceptance and till I become aware I surrender so that His will regins supreme and I am able to work in unision with the larger designs without making my life miserable. This misery arises because our incarnated desires do not coincide with the desires of our soul. So till then its acceptance …..

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I can accept certain aspects of life because they are what they are for a reason and I trust God’s plan for me – but what about when certain situations are within your power to change…?
I am resisting ACCEPTANCE, of my career situation as I believe there is something better for me out there. Is it healthy to RESIST ACCEPTANCE??

Surely we should not take ALL things lying down?

I accept I had a bad start to my morning having argued with my best friend and partner on his sacred day of prayer. I accept my part in it and have apologised. I accept that there was a very good reason, and God’s guidance that brought this issue up. This, I can have strong acceptance for and happily let this little hiccup resolve itself without resentment or hurt.

However on a larger scale and looking at present life situations I have a feeling that I should not merely accept situations….I should go grab the bull by the horns and redirect him to greener pastures….Any thoughts on this??

A full and thankful heart..

I should mention, in keeping with the original intention for the thread – Ys, my acceptance of this morning’s ‘issues’ have allowed me to calm down, reasses and grow from it. Matters of the heart are tricky sometimes but its only because we both care…..
Main lesson: I cannot change other’s opinions or feelings. THAT, I fully accept.

A full and thankful heart..

In response to SONIA’s post:
In response to beachcoffee’s post:
I agree with you both. Acceptance can be very freeing. When I was younger I often wish others would accept me as I was. I now know that acceptance starts with the self.For me acceptance is about accepting the self others as they are and circumstances that we cannot change

enjoy life!

In response to best78’s post:
So true!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

this is a great thread… wish I could add somethig new but all I can do is dido that I agree with what my fellow bmindfullers have already said…. thanks everyone… Kathy

To me, acceptance is recognizing that I have the right to be me, and allowing myself to be. It is also allowing others to be themselves and doing both in a non-judgmental way, especially when others want me to be someone else and when I don’t understand how others can be themselves.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content