login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Saved affirmations and quotes - Accidental Note

OK I think I know how to do this. I’m creating this thread so I can save off longer affirmations I’ve found other places.

PS I used to call this my Powertools thread but that was before I knew what a Powertools thread was. :)

When you come FROM ‘happiness’, you do certain things because you ARE happy — as opposed to the old paradigm in which you did things that you hoped would MAKE you happy. When you come FROM ‘wisdom’, you do certain things because you ARE wise, not because you are trying to get to wisdom. When you come FROM ‘love’, you do certain things because you ARE love, not because you want to have love. Everything changes; everything turns around, when you come FROM ‘being’, rather that seeking to ‘be’… Here is the divine dichotomy. The way to get there’ is to ‘be there’. Just BE where you choose to GET! There’s nothing you have to do. You want to be happy? Be happy. You want to be wise? Be wise. You want to be love? Be love.
~ Neale Donald Walsch

A human being is a part of the whole, called by us Universe, a part limited in time and space. He experiences himself, his thoughts and feelings as something separated from the rest—a kind of optical delusion of his consciousness. This delusion is a kind of prison, restricting us to our personal desires and to affection for a few persons nearest to us. Our task must be to free from this prison by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole nature in its beauty
~ Albert Einstein

Do not try to change people; they are only messengers telling you who you are. Revalue yourself and they will confirm the change.
….

Never accept as true of others what you would not want to be true of you.
….

Fools exploit the world; the wise transfigure it.
….

~Neville Goddard

There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.

~ Albert Einstein

We are not human beings having a spiritual experience – we are spiritual beings having a human experience.

~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Some day, after we have mastered the winds, the waves, the tides and gravity we shall harness the energies of love. Then for the second time in the history of the world, man will have discovered fire.

~ Pierre Teilhard de Chardin

Recipe for Joy

Seek joy, first and foremost.
Seek reasons to laugh.
Seek reasons to offer words of praise to self and others.
Seek beauty in nature, beasts and other humans.
Seek reasons to love. In every segment of every day — look for something that brings forth within you a feeling of love.
Seek that which uplifts you.
Seek opportunities to offer that which uplifts another.
Seek a feeling of Well-being.
Know that your value can only be measured in terms of Joy.
Acknowledge your absolute freedom to do any of these things or to not do any of these things — for it is, without exception, your choice in every moment of every day.

-Abraham Hicks

“We can’t solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.”

“The whole of science is nothing more than a refinement of everyday thinking.”

“The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.”

“The only thing that interferes with my learning is my education.”

“Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new.”

“Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen.”

These are all quotes by Albert Einstein

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

The best way to know God is to love many things. ~ Vincent Van Gogh,

Something we can all do everyday to make life a better place for everyone.

http://unconditionallovehug.com/ Try it you will like it.

Attitude Life Coach, helping others to see the Power of a Positive Attitude with Affirmations and Gratitudes, Learn to be The Creator of Your Life.

Chinese Proverb: Tension is who you think you should be. Relaxation is who you are.

We come to love not by finding a perfect person, but by learning to see an imperfect person perfectly.

~ Sam Keen

Gosh so many good quotes here thank you everyone for sharing I love them :o))

Love Life
Sue

I went to the Hug site from Accidental Note. I’d have never come across that in my Google searches so I want to say thank you for posting it. I subbed to the newsletter. See, I’m a self-help junkie :) I help out other groups/teams at various places online and just love it. Unable to work due to 35 medical conditions, has not stopped me from helping myself and passing that knowledge onto other people who are seeking it. I’m beginning to really enjoy this forum and am so thankful for the remindful from the site’s owners.

Sheri

Saying you’ll be happy when things change in your experience is like saying you’ll smile when your reflection in the mirror smiles first.

~ Elias

In response to AccidentalNote’s post:

Nice one Accidental note – you keep making the music beautiful everytime you come out with a new quote!

A full and thankful heart..

You can believe anything you want and have success with it. But in the moment you push against what another believes, you cut yourself off from your success.

~ Abraham Hicks

Do not change people; they are only messengers telling you who you are. Revalue yourself and they will confirm the change.

~ Neville Goddard

Absolutely love that quote..that is going on my vision board..

I think it is important to stress the word revalue..as a context..that we are the only ones that can give value to ourselves..The value others place on us..“good” “bad” “indifferent” are messengers of sorts..but allow our message to be loud and clear..because the most important message we hear will be the truth we lay on ourselves. Others cannot shine their light on us..We shine a light that comes from a Higher Place .and reaches us inside..“Others” “communicate”. We speak to ourselves..we convey the last word

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

The vision that you glorify in your mind, the idea that you enthrone in your heart – this you will build your life by, and this you will become.

~ J.L. Allen

Nice!!! Loving this quotation AccidentalNote :) ! Thank you for posting xxx

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

We are each unique, so comparing ourselves to others serves no purpose. Even comparing myself to how I was a while back is not usually helpful. Typically, comparison just brings the ego a false sense of either superiority or inferiority. If we let go of comparison and choose instead to completely accept where we are, we can enjoy both peace and growth.

~ Thomas Fuller

Hi! A philosopher once said, “I’m not what I am, I am what I’m not”. May have been Hume, can’t remember for certain, but what you said made it come to mind. I believe it means we are a work in progress. We are what we are becoming.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Whatever your problem, it is but a test of love. If you meet that test through love, your problem will be solved.

~ Catherine Ponder

Perfect!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Anuradha’s post:

That is very beautiful and how wonderful to have a father like that.

I found the meditation on YouTube but not just one man singing it. What a nice way to start the day, hearing that in the morning.

Wanting is not only your right, it is an absolute prerequisite for a happy life. Oh Yes You Do Deserve It. Now here’s the big news: you don’t have to be worthy of a blasted thing to have your desires. You don’t have to prove, or witness, or demonstrate, or pass a moral test. You don’t have to explain your reasons, or make excuses to your family, to yourself or to God. You don’t have to be any more worthy, or deserving, or trustworthy, or upstanding than you are now. You only have to make one decision… just one… and that is to be happy. ~ Lynn Grabhorn

Do not judge and you will never be mistaken. ~ Jean Jacques Rousseau

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“I begin to think that, give me another ten or twenty years, I’m just on the verge of seeing how life ought to be lived. I’ll be just about ready then.”

Philip Larkin, on turning 50

(I’m saving it here because I couldn’t think of where else to save it.)

Maybe when you get closer to 50 that “don’t sweat the small stuff” thing starts taking hold. Wisdom, maybe.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In his “Conclusion” chapter of Walden, Thoreau says,

I learned this, at least, by my experiment; that if one advances confidently in the direction of his dreams, and endeavors to live the life which he has imagined, he will meet with a success unexpected in common hours.

I FOUND THAT LARKIN QUOTE HUMOUROUS

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind. ~Dr. Seuss

EDIT: turns out Dr. Seuss didn’t say that. but still a pretty decent thought. But everybody matters. So there’s that…

There is not something you are supposed to do. There is not something that you should do. There is only that which you are inspired to do. And how do you get inspired except by the contrast…It is the life experience that gives you the idea of the desire, and then as you focus upon the desire, the Energy flows. ~ Abraham Hicks 1998

Be careful what you think, because your thoughts run your life.

Proverbs 4:23

Enlightenment means choosing to dwell in the state of presence rather than in time. It means saying yes to what is. ~ Eckhart Tolle

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content