login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Happiness-Mtg˚ 9/30/15 {one of our first Happiness Meetings}

How can I deepen my relationship with myself to be available…for all that I truly need/desire while making a practice of nurturing myself?

• ~

reminder this meeting will be going on all day…and you can add this thread to your favorites to continue to participate after today(:

This thread initially had numbered posts...they will be removedtongue-out

answer any parts of questions which call out to you

looking forward to this(:

• ~
    balance

• ~

• logo for meetingBe-someone-you-want-to.jpg

today’s topic: Nourishing Ourselves So We Can Be Of Value To Others’

REMEMBER ANSWER ANY ASPECT OF THE QUESTION/QUESTIONS YOU CHOOSE…THIS IS FOR YOU.

related threads:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post2

Often others are focused on time management…though this thread-focuses on energy management and focusing on oneself and not  other people, places and things…to be more available in being your best self in all of your interactions.

I will share some things which relate to this inner love-quest..Though for right now, in the course of this day, what surfaces for you?

1. What do you do to nourish yourself in terms of wholeness/wellness …when meeting the demands of living life?
    2. We all are coming from many different life places…Though what we all have in common is the same 24 hours.
    3. In regard to mind, body, spirit… what are ways you actively deliver in being true to yourself?

How can I deepen my relationship with myself to be available…for all that I truly need/desire while making a practice of nurturing myself?

What will you focus on to move myself further in the direction I would  like to go ….for my now ... this moment

(or this coming week etc ...)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post3
Most kind, loving, nurishing people are in the habit of selflessly giving to others. I’m probably in that group, so it is extremely important to me to actively recharge daily. I don’t believe one can be of value to others if they are not in a good place themselves.

Positive self talk, through affirmations are perfect, then daily follow through with what you have affirmed to be is one thing I do often. Another is surrounding myself with positive people and consciously avoiding negativity. I also meditate daily and use visualization to try to connect and harmonize my brain (both sides working together) to be the best I can be. I know it sounds a little out there and maybe it is, but it seems to work for me.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

post4

In response to Poppy’s post:
Poppy, that doesn’t sound out there at all… Care to share any of the ways you use visualization to try to connect and harmonize my brain (both sides working together) ?

I would love to get back to the other points you’ve raised today(: Wonderful ones!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I was afraid someone would ask that. It’s a long story. I have to get to work right now. I’ll get back to you later today.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

post6
In response to AppreciatingMoment˚‘s post:

Short answer: brainwave entrainment

post7
Thank you Poppy!(: I remember you mentioning that….when you first joined the community. In the course of the day, if you desire …maybe elaborate…(: If not, truly ok(: focus wherever you like(: This is for you first(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Excellent topic.

What do I do to nourish myself:
Every morning, I start my day with prayers. In the morning I try to give prayers for others and in the evening, I focus on my self, as I reflect back on the happenings of the day.

I can tell you honestly, that I am not doing enough to nourish and love myself. I see that I could take a few minutes, and stop trying,… and just listen. Just listen… Be still…

I will return to this topic later on. Sometimes it takes time to assimilate. And, this is a rich question, and I like where this is leading…

What will I focus on?
I will focus on creating flow and regularity. (List my personal priorities, then make a schedule to help me stay focused.)

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In response to Kathi’s post:
Thank you Kathi for taking the time to allow these questions to sit with your spirit. Love your response, and looking forward to hearing from you today…when it works best(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ** * ***_Joy is now._***

• ** * ***_This moment I can feel I am drawing everything I need for a joyful balanced life._***

staying in contact with your inner child(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post14

I had decided to write later today…though I will share a bit. Poppy stated: It is extremely important to me to actively recharge daily. I don’t believe one can be of value to others if they are not in a good place themselves.

and Kathi mentioned: will focus on creating flow and regularity. (List my personal priorities, then make a schedule to help me stay focused

• And I strongly believe… those points are key here. I will be back today also to elaborate in this post-space(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post15

I am cognizant of the relationship of total care, body, mind and spirit. I begin each and everyday day with giving thanks for the magnificent gift of life. I am filled with the experience of gratitude and joy. I ask the question, “what Blessings and Miracles await me on this day?” I then go into motion mode, whether it is volunteering at the church, calling to check on a friend or running errands, I am mindful of how I can be of assistance or service to others. My greatest joy is found when I extend myself, talents or time to benefit someone else.

post16

In response to Nancee1953’s post:
Lovely Nancee! Glad you’re joining in here too!(: I do believe we are going to have a wonderful happiness-mtg today(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post17
Poppy here

I mentioned I recharge through brainwave entrainment. It is somewhat controversial,but it seems to work for me. Every night I listen to music that has embedded frequencies to help me go into different brainwave states like alpha, beta, or delta-my favorite. It helps me fall into a meditative state and does it very quickly.

If you are interested in exploring this topic further, let me know.

post18
Thanks Poppy!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post19
WOW, Poppy I am not familiar with the process, though it sounds interesting, would you care to share a bit more about it?

post20

Nancee your last sentence. “ My greatest joy…” Is a passion of mine. I agree whole heartedly.

post21
Hey everyone, this is only my second post here ( my first being my introduction ) so please forgive me if my answers don’t fit with the theme of this thread.

What will you focus on to move you further in the direction you’d like to go ….for this coming week?

This year my closest friend betrayed me and since then i’ve felt anger towards them, whenever I’ve seen them having a nice time on social media sites. This week I realised to move forward with my life. I need let go of the anger and detach myself and move on with my life. I’ll never understand why they did what they did but that trying to understand will just cause me more harm than good.

For me this question is really difficult to answer, I often find I push myself too hard and then punish myself when I make mistakes or don’t meet my goals. I need to focus on looking after my health. Taking time to eat better and exercise but also to reconnect with my hobbies, family and friends.

post22
Oh Poppy, I think it’s utterly wonderful. :)

post23
Nourishing yourself daily to me also means following and experiencing your passion( s). I always allow myself time to do things just for me.

post24
In response to bunique’s post:
I am so pleased you shared with our mtg-thread(: I’m so glad you are focusing on balance(:

You (in my view), have made the largest step, by sharing your intentions toward what you need to do for yourself.

One piece of help …and it is only a piece…re: friend …& letting go…is you can absolutely hate their behavior, and still love persons. I think that’s what causes the biggest riff internally… we desire respect and we want to respect..and we can’t help but have some basic expectations of others.

And all will take time…yes! Though focusing on your well being in ways you mentioned are not little things-they are wonderful prosperous things.
Here’s to everything you need for you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post25

Nancee and Poppy…think we have 2 wonderful discussions going on at the same time… Please continue also…We’ll hear each other(:

Poppy and Nancee were talking about the beauty of giving. It is a passion of mine also…

Though, if I’m not in check…the giving is good…feels good…and I can feel its right-ness… It’s just so important for me to check in often…How am I? Have I taken good care of me today? That I find is truly a full time job lol

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post26
In response to bunique’s post:

We have all probably been at or close to that dark place you are describing. I believe it is good to try to work through it rather than around it. That being said, anger, disappointment, any negative thoughts one has, can be changed with your thoughts about it. It’s not easy and it will take time, but know you are very capable of moving in a positive direction.

I believe this forum migh be a good place for you to start. Read everyone’s blog posts and soon you will find you way. Every one of us are on a journey to a place of our own choosing. Choose wisely. Listen to both your heart and mind.

post27

Back to work—-later

post28
I have a strong feeling this meeting is just getting started today… looking forward to hearing more from others & sharing a bit more myself(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post29
My name on the site at one time was Selfcare Enthusiast. There was a reason for that… I enjoy putting put my heart into ‘everything’ I do… I become passionate about lots. I have a need and desire to make sure I’m not seeing life as 1 task after another…even if the tasks give me joy on some level.

• ~
    The only way I can do this (joyfully,willingly and well)is a build a life around my self-care(: I am at a new phase of my life…and things are taking on new meaning, and part of establishing what I need to do…is defining this new place I’m in.

I tend to demonstrate a lot of energy to do lots of things…I give the impression I have no limits…I do have limits, and so happy about that(: Why would I be happy? Easy…Knowing I have limits…helps me remember I may be a spiritual being in a human body…I still have a human body, and it needs me to take wonderful care of it.

I’ve allowed myself to be a bit of a free spirit…to see where I’m at…& it has worked pretty well for me. I received my answers…where to do more, where to do less, and what not to involve myself in at all(: Yeah, we’ve heard this mantra before…Me too (giggles). Though…this week is about discipline and focus & yes…fun…to form new habit patterns of what I already know I desire/need to do.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post30
What an excellent Happiness meeting!
I am delighted for our turn out…

I have a request: Would everyone please comment on how often they want to meet?

I am in favor of weekly meetings because I have a TON going on in my life, and being on Bmindful is a structure of support that I choose to give to myself.

I look forward to hearing everyone’s input.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

post31
Meeting still going on…feel free anyone to continue

• ~

In response to Kathi, how do you see these meetings working out for the future?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Furthermore, I let myself be happy with where I am at. I know Things will get better. I focus on the positive. I try to forgive myself if I didn’t do all I wanted to accomplish or if I inadvertently said something that offended. Tomorrow is a new day to correct anything I’ve messed up.

post33

good thoughts…many of us could gain from. Thank you(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Once a week would be great. Finding a chair might be harder.

post35
Agree with Poppy.
I think we should define what a chairperson actually does…and doesn’t need to do…(what is optional). Then maybe others can see it doesn’t have to be an all-day commitment for them.

• ~
    Any guidelines people would like to see on the mtg. thread?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Bunique,

I am so grateful for you post. Thank you for your honesty, its refreshing.

I wish I had the perfect thing to say that would make this valuable for you. Would you allow me to try???

Caroline Myss, author and medical intuitive, early in the beginning of her career, she shared a story that happened to her, and I would like to share this with you. I have remembered the story because it taught me something that I knew was worthy…

Here goes. So, Caroline was at the beginning of a seminar, the room was packed, and there was much anticipation from members of the audience. As Caroline worked her way around the room, she encountered this woman, and naturally, Caroline was there to help people, and was committed that this experience be valuable, and the woman had her arms and legs folded up, and she looked very tense. Caroline asked her a simple question, something like “How are you, or How can I help you”, and the woman was just spewing with anger and pain. The woman answered her and said “You are the one who is clairvoyant! Why don’t you tell me? I spent all my money to come here to see you, you should be telling me what to do!”

Caroline was quite for a long moment. Then she walked over to the woman. The room had fallen completely quiet. Caroline pulled up a chair and she actually sat down next to the woman for another pause. Finally, she told the woman “I don’t know how, but I am going to thank you for this.”

Then, she proceeded on with completing her seminar, and on her plane ride home, the answer came to her. Caroline Myss decided that she was never going to do that again, ever. She was not some puppet doll, there for the purpose of entertainment. She arrived home, and shortly thereafter she launched her self as an author.

She took herself to a whole new level. She took her gift of being a medical intuitive to a whole new level. And, she got to hone her talents, and she used those comments and she totally stepped up and out.

While this does not compare to the betrayal of a close friendship, I hope that you can take what Caroline offered, and MAKE this valuable. Suddenly, the lesson is not limited to just the pain of the betrayal. Maybe it could be a huge life lesson from which may things were meant to make you much more accomplished, seasoned, balanced, worldly, …sophisticated, by design. You cannot change what happened, but you can choose how you make this valuable for your self.

Kathi and I had discussed…the day before the chair will post questions …so the group can begin to think about their answers.

things are still getting organized -and my results were good today.

Is anyone else more clear re:their intentions?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

About the possibility of weekly meetings, could we have some kind of a box where people sign up for weekly slots?

And, if someone signs up, can we create an INTEGRITY agreement, so that the group is not undermined???

Thank you for your honesty Bunique in sharing the betrayal of your friend. I have also experienced something similar, I felt like the quote in Julius Cesar, “et tu brute?” You are right to move on. When we harbor pain or animosity it is damaging to our spirit. Forgive them for yourself, not because they deserve it. I caution you in pondering a rational reason for their actions. Possibly, they do not know the reason themselves. Know that some people come into our lives for a reason. Sometime it is so they can learn a lesson or teach us one.
Let me share something with you, when my youngest son endured his first heart break, I told him, “the woman who is worth your tears, will never make you cry”. I went on to explain the attributes of love to him, not romance, but sincere love. Do something fantastic to celebrate the magnificent human being you are if you are inclined, savor a special vintage, treat yourself to a sumptuous meal, something that says “ am the greatest thing since the invention of peanut butter.

I love the concept of weekly meeting, one can not get too much happiness.

Bunique, what about a wonderful Greek Salad, I just love kalamata olives, or smoked salmon with herbed cream cheese, red onions and sliced tomatoes? I am share you can tell I am a “foodie” Those or two of my favorite more healthy splurges. Remember dear heart we are all “royalty”, treat yourself just as special as you treat others :)

Dear Group,

I hope that my usage of the word “integrity” was not off putting.

Please forgive me, if I am too direct.

I am very grateful for this group, and I definitely see how this could be a healthy contribution in my life…

I have a few suggestions. Please feel free to reply or to say otherwise. That is one thing about a group, is when individuality is encouraged.

Here goes:
1. As far as topics and discussion, I believe that it would be the most valuable for participants to keep their focus on themselves. This is your happiness group, and its meant to be as valuable for yourself as you are willing to design. You will be positively listened to, acknowledged and supported.
Two powerful things:
-the power of your spoken (written) words and intentions
-you creating the amount of structure, and the velocity for your commitments.

2. If you agree to chair, and pick the topic, please know how valuable that these meetings are to participants. If you need to change, or if you have an emergency, please have a back up plan. This way, the group meetings can proceed without delay.

I am so grateful that today’s meeting had a truly great turn out! This is awesome!

Kathi, I like the things you’re expressing…

• keeping the focus on ourselves and still be supportive to others.
  • utilize these meetings for opportunities for growth…so that each week..we can predict moving forward(:
  • and like the back up plan(:
  • also we’ll have clear guidelines for the chair…so they don’t feel/think they need to block out the whole day to commit
  • I also like the sign up box. Maybe we could have a special thread for this, with the alternate person, also,
  • And..I love this group! And so grateful for all of you and the new owner who supports our moving forward here, and participated w/us(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• Thank you Poppy!
  • Thank you Kathi!
  • Thank You Nanci!
  • and of course Thank You Bunique!
  • ~
    Btw this meeting isn’t over…in case we have any latecomers(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I can see, from the questions today, that I do not take as good care of my self as I thought I did. The questions caused me to see it, and now I am going to take some quiet “me” time and explore my options.

For me, I have to be careful that everything isn’t just another strategy.

Detachment from issues, and taking time daily, in a way that is healthy and regenerative is my initial solution. A nice, long soak in the tube, or an extra 20 minutes of fresh air before winter hits.
And, maybe a nice weekend get away before winter…

This is my first Happiness Meeting and it has given me new ways to make sure I take care of myself.

More to come…

Lots going on this evening with me. I wanted to say I also have a strategy for when I am suddenly hit with stress. I breathe. 5 long slow breaths in through my nose, hold for a count of 5 and slow exhale out through pursed lips for a count of 7. This calms me and oxygenates my brain so I can think of positive approaches to deal with the stress.

In response to Poppy:
For me, this was very valuable 3rd meeting…

I had no idea that I could and should adjust to better accommodate my self!!

So far, I have gotten very excellent insights!! The more I focus, the more I get clarity!

Thats such a gift!! Totally synchronous with the abundance of the universe!!

Excellent Poppy! That is wonderful news & great outcome in re:to self-care(:

believing in the best for stressors…(:

Thanks for sharing stress reliever with all of us(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lake Placid’s post:
Welcome Lake Placid!(: Thank you for being so wonderfully open & sharing here with us with your insights/positivity/tools. Hope sharing is valuable for you here(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Kathi, so many wonderful developments for you with these threads. Glad nurturing yourself in the areas you find that are needed/desired are now more at the forefront of your experience, and the path is clear for all you are going for(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Lake Placid,

Thank you for your post!

“…If and when my perspective is no where to be found,…”!!!

I needed that giggle! Thank you!

In response to Lake Placid’s post:
I agree …he has a way of finding humor…in everything(: It’s a welcome-relief (literally)
(: 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

IN ANY CASE THIS THREAD IS A GOOD IDEA.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Thank you Lake Placid!
Glad that you joined the group!

Well everyone in everyone’s time zone…the day is over in some places, & almost officially done in others(: Though, we will keep this meeting-thread open (officially) if any other members would like to participate (or those that have) want to add something

And keep in mind, beyond today and Thursday…you can always go back to any threads…even though the official meeting is over…(just like a normal thread…that may appeal to you)

In response to Lake Placid’s post: and yes Lake Placid, truly glad you found this to be an appealing idea… It’s nice to hear when we are starting new things that it works(:

So those who choose …stop by and review the questions…and see if exploring this territory is helpful(: joy to everyone(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

what will you focus on to move you further in the direction you’d like to go ….for this coming week?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I like your suggestions, especially the sign up for chair positions and a back up. Maybe we could brainstorm possible topics for chairs to think about and announce topics before the next meeting so we could percolate our thoughts and questions before the meetings start. Just a last thought!

Before we begin brainstorming…since the purpose of increasing the meetings was to add continuity to our personal goal setting …think of things that you began focusing on yesterday…. The true purpose of the meetings is to utilize these meetings for opportunities for growth…so that each week..we can predict wonderful moving forward success(:

From there… I know it will be more meaningful selections(: And by helping ourselves, we are helping someone else somewhere at some time(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What will I focus on this next week:

I will start tomorrow, friday morning, and I will start walking every early morning. It fall season, and I am enjoying the change of season… Add an evening walk on just to release stress.

Secondly: I will learn and practice detachment. And when I am not being detached, I will practice harmlessness: the art of compassion and kindness.

Third: I will renew myself with daily scripture and affirmations, everyday! Again, my heart will be my center. I will align with my highest good.

Fourth: I will eat healthier. Less meat, more fresh kale and salads, fresh fall fruits, bright colors.

Fifth: Every weekend, take time to get out of the box. Grab a book, and hit the road, take a break and make some joyous memories!!

Great focus. You will definite make moving forward success.

I wish I could assimilate everything said yesterday and come up with focused goals as quickly as you.

I’m thinking I could learn a lot from you. Keep posting and I’ll keep reading!

Thank you Poppy!

I loved today, I felt lots of freedom and empowerment!

Because you are moving in the direction you have said you would. That is pure power!

I did nothing today that was empowering. But I was as busy as a beaver.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content