login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ARE YOU OK WITH BEING HAPPY

I saw this quote today:

“AN INNATE QUALITY AMONG SENTIENT BEINGS, PARTICALLY AMONG HUMAN BEINGS, IS THE URGE OR STRONG FEELING TO ENCOUNTER OR EXPERIENCE HAPPINESS AND DISCARD SUFFERING AND PAIN. THEREFORE, THE WHOLE BASIS OF HUMAN LIFE IS THE EXPERIENCE OF DIFFERENT LEVELS OF HAPPINESS. ACHIEVING OR EXPERIENCING HAPPINESS IS THE PURPOSE OF LIFE” (Dalai Lama)

Now, if this is so, if we're here to experience happiness, it makes me wonder. How’d we get turned so upside-down and all-around by this? I mean, people, it seems to me, are engaged in all kinds of activities that doesn’t or can’t make them feel good or be happy. In fact, some people seem to believe it’s wrong to be happy.

What do you believe? Is what you believe working for you?

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

I have come to the realization it is not as much what you do, but how you do it. I am filled with joy in all aspects of my life, everything is wonderful from doing dishes, laundry, sweeping, dusting, or setting the table for dinner. My focus has dramatically changed. I am filled with gratitude regarding life itself, It is such a tremendous gift. I am honored and Blessed to be able to do things to support my life, I show love and appreciation for Me, to Me and to the Universe. When I extend myself to others for example taking someone to the grocery store or pouring coffee or tea or distributing pastries at the Church I volunteer at, I am loving others and loving myself. When you change your perception to one of love and appreciation it changes everything and everyone, most importantly you.

“When you change the way you look at things, the things you look at change.” Dr. Wayne Dyer

I could add for the betterment of us all :)

A FEW THOUGHTS ON HAPPINESS.
IT’S A LIFETIME JOURNEY,IN OTHER WORDS YOU CAN FIND HAPPINESS
MANY TIMES IN A LIFETIME,MAINTAINING A STATE OF HAPPINESS IS RARE IF NOT IMPOSSIBLE.THAT’S NOT BAD NEWS THAT’S INFORMATION
ON THE REALITIES OF HAPPINESS.
THAT BEING SAID IT CAN BE EXPERIENCE MORE AND MORE OFTEN THROUGH DESIRE
DILIGENCE,EXPERIENCE AND SEVERAL VARIABLES LIKE THOUGHTS,PERCEPTION AND THIS THAT AND THE OTHER.
THERE MAY BE SOME INDIVIDUALS WHO ARE HAPPY MOST OF THE TIME.
I CAN THINK OF A FEW PERHAPS.
ALL I’M SAYING IS IT’S YIN AND YANG AND I FEEL I GREATLY IMPROVE MY
POTENTIAL FOR HAPPINESS,BY ACCEPTING AND ACKNOWLEDGING IT’S A JOURNEY
OF PROGRESS RATHER THAN A DESTINATION.
ALTHOUGH THE DALI LAMA, SEEMS HAPPY ALL THE TIME.
AND ROBERT SEEMS TO BE ON A NATURAL HIGH ALL THE TIME.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Thanks for the great question Robert.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

In a moment of clarity, its really important to know others by their dreams, which is yet another capacity of knowing their values, their aspirations, their desires, their heart, personality, temperament… These things are vastly important. Its as revealing as looking at a bank statement or reviewing someones taxes. Its a road map of consciousness.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

YA I AGREE ANOTHER GREAT THREAD ROBERT.
LIVING IN THENOWACCORDING TO(Eckhart Tolle)
IS CONDUSIVE TO HAPPINESS AS WELL,
IT AT LEAST HELPS TO REDUCE ANXIETY.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Psychology Today

A basic assumption of Human behavior is that people pursue pleasure and seek to avoid pain. Then why is it that some people seem content to wallow in their misery, even boasting about it as some sort of badge of honor? Even when given steps to improve their lives, they prefer to continue complaining. Is there a certain comfortable familiarity with being dissatisfied that becomes an obstacle to change? After getting a glimpse of joy, why do some people immediately shift back to what doesn't work?

To read article in entirety

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content