login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★APPLES 

Yes this is my-> favorite fruit for my meal-routine snacks … apples

This thread is devoted to apples; it’s significance to health, varieties and recipes....

or simply Loving Them .... which in essence is another way to say all of this(:

All about Apples

APPLES & NUTRITION

Apples and Nutrition:

APPLES SHOULD BE EATEN ORGANIC

Apples are one of the top 12 foods in high level of pesticides; considered part of the dirty dozen

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

While their nutritional health benefits are high, buy organic! Wash and Spray w/fruit and veggie cleaner and chow down with your favorite apple variety.

Apple a Day

From Mercola.com
New research has found that 1 fresh apple has the antioxidant power of 1,500 milligrams of vitamin C, a dose more than 15 times higher than the recommended daily allowance for the vitamin. Additionally, it was found that apple extracts prevented certain cancer cells from growing in the laboratory. Leaving the skin on the apples improved the cancer fighting ability. Researchers speculate that the phenolic acids and flavonoids in apples are behind the fruit’s antioxidant and possible cancer-inhibiting effects. According to one of the researchers “If you want antioxidants, you should get them from fruits and vegetables, not pills.”

Nature 2000;405:903-904

• from clipmarks (which was extracted from Mercola.com)
      What is the Healthiest Part of an Apple?
    • Traditionally, apple peels have been considered healthy because of their fiber content, as the peel contains about 75 percent of the dietary fiber in an apple.
    • But a recent study has shown that the peel also contains most of the beneficial phytochemicals responsible for apples’ anticarcinogenic effects.

• Scientists processed more than 200 pounds of Red Delicious apples, and extracted phytochemicals from about 24 pounds of peel. They screened the compounds for anti-cancer effects in laboratory cultures of human liver, breast, and colon cancer cells, and identified a group of compounds with potent anti-cancer properties.
  • Specifically, 13 triterpenoids from the peels of Red Delicious apples were identified and confirmed to be highly effective against cancer. Exactly how and why these biochemicals seek and destroy cancer cells is still unknown.
  • Apple consumption has previously been linked to a reduced risk of lung cancer, heart disease, and stroke.
    facts

I enjoy seeing the value of this wonderful delicious simple food. It provides so many benefits(:

So Glad this had/has been of interest(: Not necessarily apples…even though I love a nutritious delicious organic apple(:
Here’s to finding your favorite type of delicious apple…or other super food that works for you(:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~

quoteYou need to make good health a hobby. JACK LALANNEJack LaLanne on Aging Well, Tony Horton Life, December 18, 2010

img_9574.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love apples, but I am allergic. I can’t eat them raw. It makes me very sad :( I still love them though!

What a great thread! Why don’t you post a list of your personal recommendations for natures most perfect foods. I need to hit the ol’ grocery store soon. I’ve had a hankerin’ for some great salads!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

One of my all time favorites is Honey Crisp, their season may be short but they are truly delish.

The power of thoughts/words on apples – https://nikkijowen.com/big-apple-experiment/

Positive-thoughts-quotes-Every-thought-is-a-seed.-If-you-plant-crab-apples-dont-count-on-harvesting-Golden-Delicious..jpg

In response to SpiritualTec's post:

just became aware of this video, cannot wait to watch

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content