login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★What death taught me- sharing to release the pain.

Dear all, I am pained to share with you all that we lost our adorable black lab yesterday night. He literally passed away in our hands. Wasn’t too unwell but everything happened so fast that he transcended to the next stage within 70 hrs of getting unwell.
The most amazing thing is that he passed away at that very spot that was his favourite in the whole house. During his last moments when me and our elder son were trying our best to make him get-up and look at us his eyes just froze with his gaze stuck in our direction.
His went away as a result of kidney failure, at least that’s what the vet says, but not once did he show any signs of great pain. Only indication we had of his ill health was that he was not eating.
Our dog came into our house becoz of my husband and elder son’s insistence. I am not a dog lover and infact am very scared of them! But when Tyson came into our house on 1/8/03 he was barely 20 days old and extremely loveable. I couldn’t have ever imagined that they could be so loveable, adorable and alive. As a pup he kept gnawing at every new pair of slipper/shoe, cushion, socks etc we bought and every room had his trademark marks on the furniture. We all adored him so much. He hated being left alone. Once when he was 1 1/2 yrs old we had gone to a dinner and when we came back he had feasted on a kg of traditional sweets left on the table!! On another occassion he tore a book to tiny bits!! when we returned we realised he hated being alone and since then we would tell him in the ear that we were going out and would be back in 2 hrs, 5 hrs, 6 days or whatever was the programme. Ever after he greeted us with a wag on our return!! But on our holiday during June end we extended our stay by a day and he didn’t eat on that day!
He was an extremely friendly lab. Many times me and hubby go for a post dinner walk in our locality. he loved being with us. He would walk so gracefully and if the street dogs barked at him he would give them his royal ignore! He never involved himself in petty things. He was a true blue blood with only love and affection to give.
On all social occassions he participated in our discussions and conversations by being in the living room with all of us. He hated to be left alone… and now he has left us alone and without him…longing for him….
The quality of unconditional love is what he taught me. However tired one was when we returned home from work or however a heated argument we would have at home He was one member who always greeted you with affection in his eyes and a loving wag of the tail.Can anyone of us do it? Under all circumstances he would just be around for support and love.
On an occasion when I had taken long leave, besides myself, he enjoyed himself thoroughly. He would follow me room to room and even wait outside the bathroom while I bathed!! Didn’t want me to be out of his sight.
He taught me to love and care for dogs. I can’t imagine life without him!
My kids are heart broken and can’t fathom how you can lose someone so suddenly!! They just can’t comprehend death.
May the Almighty bless him with a good home and very loving parents in his next incarnation. I have no doubt that this time he will be born as a human. His spiritual values were so evolved that he will continue to give love and make other’s lives happy in all his avtars!
May he be happy, full of abundance, good health and be truly blessed wherever he is……

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

I am so sorry for the loss of your family friend, your lab. Losing a pet can truly be like losing a member of your family. Sounds like your lab had precious qualities->he’d have to, to fit so well in your family.

My warmest prayers to and yours always.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Dear Sonia, You’ll carry this cherished family member in your heart for years. As a Lab mommy, I know Labs are so smart, loving and fun they really get under your skin. I hope you all are able to share tales and hugs and find some peace soon. Truly, Jan

My condolences on the loss of your pet – who in all honesty – sounds like a true full member of your family.

I’m happy you have many happy memories to carry you through this time of grief.

I’m sending you a big hug and much love in this – your time of need.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to meditatingmama’s post:
In response to jancydat’s post:
In response to laurie- effectively & easily handles every challenge~‘s post:
Thank you so much MM, Jan & Laurie for your support.
Our loss is absolutely very deep felt and we as a family were extremely attached and possessive about Tyson.
What I have been wonerding is that Tyson was with us for barely 6 yrs and his loss has such an impact on us, then what about all those parents who lose their kids/kins to accidents, kidnapings and terrorist activities?
I just can’t comprehend their loss. May God really be with them and help them overcome this terrible feeling. The emptiness in your gut literally kills you.
I offer my support to all those out there who are trying to overcome personal losses.
Sharing really helps you unburden a lot of your emptiness.
Thanx everyone for the support.

We all live under the same sky, but we don’t all have the same horizon.

Hugs for you sweet Sonia. I feel with you. Warm hug.

…what a wonderful world….

Dear Sonia,

I send you My condolonces to you and your family. Tears are the only thing that will help you to pass through this difficult time. Your pet is watching you from where he is. He was lucky because he got to spend the happiest days of his life with you and your family. There are people on this Earth who have never had so much love. You gave him love and he returned it. I leave you with this beautiful song.

Old Shep

Peace and love,
Mary

In response to SONIA's post:

this article is entitled we can carry grief & joy together

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content