login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Intention Manifestation Via The Collective Unconscious

I have recently become a big fan of Carl Jung. Although I have known of some of his works for many years, I have only just come to realize exactly how profound some of his concepts really are. Whats more, is that a lot of them relate very directly to self improvement and because of this, are referenced both directly and indirectly in scores of personal development and spiritual books and literature.

One area that particularly interests me right now is intention manifestation. Obviously intentions and affirmations are very much related, and so it is something that has been of interest to me for a long time, but an interesting experiment that has recently caught my eye is the million dollar intention started by Steve Pavlina.

So what is this experiment all about? It is a large group of people (there are hundreds publicly registered, and no doubt hundreds more doing this privately) reading the following intention every day, in an attempt to bring one million dollars into their lives:

In an easy and relaxed manner, in a healthy and positive way, in its own perfect time, for the highest good of all, I intend \$1,000,000 to come into my life and into the lives of everyone who holds this intention.

(Please note that as with affirmations, I believe that for it to be worth while, this intention must be read with passion and feeling, you must not become robotic when stating it.)

The intention is listed under the abundance tag here on bmindful so if you intend on joining this experiment, an easy way is for you to add it to your affirmation list and print it out so you have access to it when you have a spare minute throughout the day. Of course if you want your results to be public, make sure you let Steve Pavlina know so he can add your results to his experiment page.

But, does this experiment work? Well, only time will tell. But so far there has been varying amounts of success. The results page shows that some people have manifested thousands of dollars. Admittedly there are others that have had lesser degrees of success, but, after all, the intention does say ‘in its own perfect time’

What of myself? I confess that I have not been reciting the intention as often as I should be doing, but I have had a small amount of success anyhow. I have received hundreds of dollars since joining this experiment, but the way in which a majority of the money arrived was not repeatable, so it seems unfair to include it. It was received easily, I was relaxed. It was healthy and definitely positive, and I do believe it was for the highest good of all, but it was not something that is going to happen often. I am talking money received for a significant birthday, Christmas bonuses at my current job and other sources of income that really cannot be relied upon to live off.

In the opening blog post Steve says this about the experiment: ‘I won’t be including any of my existing sources of income, unless there’s an insanely huge surge in one of them that seems attributable to this experiment. I’m open to this happening as creatively as it wants to, but I don’t want to force it to be an extension of one of my existing cashflow streams. I’d also like it to manifest in a way that other people can replicate if they want to use the same model.’ so in some ways the money I have received does count towards my million dollars, but only if this money was manifested via the experiment and was not coming my way regardless.

Enough of me. Now you know about the experiment, how does it actually work? Why would an experiment like this be more successful than a personal intention and what does it all have to do with Carl Jung?

Carl Jung’s most profound concept is his idea of synchronicity, and how that relates to the collective unconscious (a phrase that he coined). Jung believed that many experiences perceived as coincidence were not merely due to chance, but that these ‘coincidences’ were indications of how we are all connected, through the collective unconscious.

A modern day example of this concept in action is a experiment conducted in 1993 by John Hagelin, PhD. He got some 4000 volunteers to the Washington DC area to meditate in an attempt to drop the crime rate by 25%. The experiment was a success, with crime rates dropping some 15-25% depending on the way the data was analyzed.

Steve Pavlina’s million dollar intention manifestation experiment is a variation of the same theme. Although the participants are not as geographically concentrated as in the meditation experiment, it is still a very large number of people all with the same intention.

As Steve Pavlina says on his web site, you have nothing to lose by joining, and potentially one million dollars to gain. The beauty of it is this. Even if the experiment fails in terms of arousing the collective unconscious enough to deliver one million dollars to all participants, it will still act as a personal affirmation, subconsciously giving you direction and motivation to get out there and make yourself some money. If the intention does in fact manifest itself then you will find things conspiring in your favor and you will be in possession of your million dollars before you even know it.

You might find it interesting to note that I keep on stumbling upon the collective unconscious concept in the most unusual of places, which is what prompted me to write this article. This is only a small example of synchronicity, but a perfect example none the less.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I believe that the collective unconscious is the sum total of all the things people believe that they do not even know where it came from, other than that things are just supposed to be that way. The best example I had to deal with was male familymembers saying stuff like: Just wait till you are over 30 to develop lovehandles.
If you look at it consciously, it is just strange. Why would that actually be the case and who would ever want to believe such a thing consciously? Almost anybody can logically conclude that with the proper food and fitness, that need not be the case. So why would people say it anyway? I think this is an example of the Collective Unconscious at work. Then of course there are all these beliefs about aging. We keep chanting them but none of them need to be true if you consciously think about them and create something else. This morning I was wondering if children’s diseases are not also a form of collective unconscious manifestations. Just because everybody expects children to get these diseases, they do. Though I am still trying to figure this out.
What do you think?
Matt

Yes, I guess that is the very short version of how I feel the Collective Subconscious works.
Carl Jung really had some interesting theories. Let me know what you come up with. Have a great weekend.
Matt

Very interesting…

Thank you Lee, and thank you too, John for re-discovering this thread!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content