login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★ Optimizing Your Relationships

I recently finished The Celestine Prophecy, by James Redfield, upon recommendation from a friend. My friend warned me not to take the concepts expressed in the book literally, but I did find a relevance that struck a chord with positive thinking.

If you have read the book then this may make more sense to you. I will give a brief summary for those who haven’t.

The Celestine Prophecy is about an ancient Manuscript that tells of how the world will change as humans begin to evolve. The book gets complicated as it describes how they will evolve, through a series of insights, not physically but on a cognitive and emotional level. The book uses the concept of a transfer of energy as a way of describing relationships between people and how these interactions will get better through this evolution. As I read this section I immediately drew comparisons to my relationship with my partner.

I have been with my partner for just over 12 months and we recently moved in together. This is a first for me and him, and we are still learning about each other and how to make out relationship the best that it can be. Some days it awesome and we are completely in tune with each other. Other times, for any number of reasons, we don’t bounce off each other so well.

As I looked closely at my relationship with my partner, I began to see a pattern that fitted in well with the energy concept described in The Celestine Prophecy. When we both come home from a good day where we have been in the company of other people, the night’s conversations seem to flow easily and there is a spark between us. On the other hand, when we have had mellow days and our interactions through work or play have been tiresome, both of us come home and it just doesn’t seem to work.

The energy concept explains this well as it classifies interactions in terms of giving and receiving energy. When we have stimulating interactions with people we receive good energy. This energy builds up for the period of the interaction and stays with us afterwards. This extra energy makes us feel enlivened and confident and we are able to give some of this energy to other people (my partner in this case). However, some interactions appear to drain our energy and leave us feeling depleted and wearisome. If our day ends on lows like this then we resort to, even unconsciously, taking energy from the most available source. In most cases this is our partner. If they have had a similar day also, neither has the energy to give and they may become frustrated with each other as a result. Obviously the most desired outcome is where both partners have built up their energy through inspiring interactions during the day and are able to further give energy to each other.

So how do you optimize this transfer of energy and why is it related to affirmations?

The best way, that I have found, to make my relationship with my partner better is to not use my partner as my sole source of energy. And he does the same. When we both come home feeling alive and confident we are more prepared and more able to give ourselves to each other. We are able to listen intently to each other’s thoughts and internalize them and give honest replies of our own.

This also works the other way around. When we are feeling good about our personal relationships than our work relationships seem to flow better also.

Most people have affirmations that are concerned with their relationships whether they are in a partnership or not. If, to optimize our relationships, we need to draw energy from other sources, then we also need to include affirmations that are related to our hobbies or careers. At the beginning of a relationship it may seem more beneficial to spend a lot of time with your partner as you both are rather smitten and freely give and take energy. As the restraints of society take hold, however, it is important to be aware at how these relationships will affect other areas of your life and visa versa.

Some affirmations to keep in mind:
I am open to the messages and energy that the world has for me and I am thankful for the energy.
I am focused on the interaction taking place and by helping my partner, he/she can help me.

This post was converted automatically from the old bmindful article archive. Some of the mentioned links or references may no longer exist.

wonderful article written by Mel86 from 2005 (the year bmindful began)

I Am living a Divine plan

I always wanted to read that book, but didn’t have time.
I’ll see if I could pick up a copy of it. I thought it looked like a good book to check out.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I read the book several years ago and I believe it is part of a trilogy. I remember it being quite thought provoking.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content