login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★DCI

What is DCI? DCI is Drum Corps International. Why should you give a hoot and why would I post something about DCI on bmindful? Well, let me count the ways, but I have to admit that I never was in a drum corps. If I had grown up in an area that had one I can assure you I would have joined. I have a very good sense of what it would have been like though. I won’t go into all of that, I do know a little bit about it though.

I can’t think of many things that young people can turn to for building confidence and self-esteem that would be better than DCI. Those kids are among the finest the world has to offer. Those kids are a part of something very, very, very, very, special. Those kids are dedicated. It’s like having a giant extended family, and everyone loves, I mean loves music. It’s like being a marine, but instead of getting broken and brainwashed and being taught to kill, you are instilled with pride, self confidence, and dedication and develope into a superior musician and a great all around person. Talk to anyone who has ever been in a drum corp and you will see the light come into their eyes and they talk about it. If any of you have kids that express an interest in it I would whole heartedly recommend it. I can’t say enough about it. These kids aren’t just musicians, they are athletes. Football practice has nothing on DCI. These kids work like crazy to be the best. I’m going to post some videos, but these don’t do justice to the experience. You should check to see when some of the corps are going to be in your area and go to an exhibition. It is an experience your whole family would love. You can literally feel the sound. It will make your hair stand on end. I was a drummer for a long time, and a pretty good one and I can’t tell you what it would have ment to me to have been a part of a drum corp. It’s something that stays with you.

DCI Website is great

Madison Scouts 1988
Phantom Regiment 1989
Cavaliers 2006
2006 DCI Fanfare
Blue Devils brass warmup
Blue Devils drumline warm up
Just One Drum Solo
Not just ANYONE can play a bass drum
If you’ve never played drums in a drum line, you simply cannot comprehend what you just saw in that last video. Imagine trying to play specific notes out of an overall rhythm in tempo with all the other players.
Cavaliers Drum Break final’s night
Cavaliers Drumline Practice

I played on a pretty good drumline for a couple of years in college. Before we began practice we had to put all of our drums on the ground and form a circle around them and do breathing exercizes to get in sync before we could pick up our drums and begin playing.

Well, I guess that’s enough for now, I’ll stop boring you guys, but I think you can tell that this is something that would mean a lot to some people.

Okay, here’s a dci promo video

And there are lots of opportunities for dancers too

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks MCM for introducing me to DCI. Very Impressive(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’m sure there will be an exhibition in your area. If you go to the main site you can find a schedule, plus watch a lot of GREAT free videos.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

The world has become a pretty dangerous place, but how great would it be if our government sponsored some of these guys to visit foreign countries as good will ambassadors. I think it would be worth every penny.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks MCM~ I have a little guy (10 years old) who is looking to find himself. I think I will share this with him to see what he thinks…

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Freshening up the threads a bit.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content