login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★10 ScienceBasedReasons 'Why Compassion is Hot˚'

• Matt-Kahn-quote-searchtruth.jpg~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** * ***Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ*** article 10 Science Based Reasons Why Compassion is Hot Written By Dr. Emma Seppala
    Science suggests that compassion may well be the most important thing in your life. Read more
  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Emma Seppala is the Associate Director at CCARE as well as a Research Scientist and Honorary Fellow with the University of Wisconsin-Madison’s Center for Investigating Healthy Minds. Her areas of expertise are health psychology, well-being, and resilience. She has examined the impact of meditation on happiness, social connection, and compassion.

***THE CENTER FOR COMPASSION AND ALTRUISM RESEARCH AND EDUCATION***

• Compassion [Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Emotional Wellness[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Empathy[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Happiness[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Kindness[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Personal Development[Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • Self-Help [Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ]
  • ~
    While science has made great strides in treating pathologies of the human mind, far less research exists to date on positive qualities of the human mind including compassion, altruism and empathy. Yet these prosocial traits are innate to us and lie at the very centerpiece of our common humanity. Our capacity to feel compassion has ensured the survival and thriving of our species over millennia. For this reason, the Center for Compassion and Altruism Research and Education (CCARE) at Stanford University School of Medicine was founded in 2008 with the explicit goal of promoting, supporting, and conducting rigorous scientific studies of compassion and altruistic behavior. Founded and directed by Dr. James Doty, Clinical Professor of Neurosurgery, CCARE is established within the Department of Neurosurgery. To date, CCARE has collaborated with a number of prominent neuroscientists, behavioral scientists, geneticists and biomedical researchers to closely examine the physiological and psychological correlates of compassion and altruism

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒvideo*** Compassion is not a sign of weakness  of course I love Dalai Lama speech..though also love the introduction given by the young girl… [I have a little difficulty deciphering some of the Dalai Lama’s words…as a reminder to others…youtube has a transcript area…to read along as he speaks]