login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Share your thoughts on Ego and Awareness

I’ve been reading “A New Earth” by Eckhart Tolle and I’m soaking it up like a sponge. The more I read the more powerful I realize this knowledge is. I was hoping some of you might share your thoughts. To me, it seems that realizing that your mind is not YOU. Your emotions are not YOU. Becoming aware of your ego, being able to step back from your mind seems to me an invaluable bit of knowledge. How can this knowledge help us? It seems like the awareness behind your thoughts can observe your negative thought patterns and negative habits. This can help you to rewrite your thought patterns. It can help you to identify how you are hanging on to things that need to be let go. We are not our thoughts, we are the awareness of our thoughts. I know I’m rambling, but I am so thrilled about this because it seems to useful. I still have much to read and learn, but I hope some of you will share.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Read the book you spoke of and enjoyed it(:

It’s important to realize though ego is not the bad guy. That’s funny that’s the name of this article

Too tired to really write this moment. Just walked in, so instead more ego articles

MCM, when I read the book Oprah had a large online class going on with E.Tolle and the book.

Not sure if it would interest you, but you might find alot here, even if you aren’t an Oprah-fan(:
exercises on the book

My favorite parts were understanding the pain body

It reminded me of how we live out our life schema.
It’s said in psychology, if you can remember some of the biggest things that caused you pain as a child, you can pretty much figure out alot about your life schema.

Though like movies like The Jacket and The Buterfly Effect, that stresses that everything happens for a reason; all of experiences are meaningful. As we grow, if we “evolve” enough, we shed the actions led by the motives others dictated to us. We do things because we become alligned with our real truth.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Hello MCM, I too felt thrilled when reading the book. I did have trouble putting it down.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

thank you for all the links, I’m very interested in exploring this topic

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I am reading ‘Happier than God’ by Neale Walsh. He’s basically saying the same thing.
It is actually such a simple fact.
I do not meditate, but one thing I learned from it is to realize your thought and take a step away from it and separate it from you.

Quit often my challenge is recognizing the thought in order to do all of the above.
It is good to be reminded of this fact.

…what a wonderful world….

I actually got out of bed to post a comment here.

As we become more and more aware that we are not our minds, we are not our thoughts – we realize more and more how our thoughts can be used as tools to improve our lives. Just like a knife can be used to destroy or to create, so can our thoughts.

Another thing I’m becoming aware of; when we are sad or unhappy – the quickest way out of it is to accept that “right now I am sad”. I don’t know if i can explain it better than that right now, but I’m working on my undersanding of it. I hope some of you will share your thoughts about this.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You’re speaking about acceptance of what you’re experiencing. Experiences are not us. We are much more than that. It’s not negative to acknowledge anything, if what you’re experiencing ‘seems’ to be so. We have the power to travel to another experience with our own ‘go ahead’. Though, first things first. We can ask: Where are we now? And if we choose to go past it, rather than wallow->say, “this too shall pass”.

Jeff, you got me thinking about the book, and actually brought it to work to read after lunch. Not only will I get a chance to have a new experience with it, (because I’m at a different place from when I took it in the 1st time); I can also share my thoughts with you and others on the thread you’ve created here. Sounds like a plan(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Bmindful Book Club!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to laurie’s post:
In response to Vivi used to be focused but now she’s ????‘s post:
Vivi used to be focused but now she’s ????, I think you’ve hit on something big!!!!! A Bmindful BOOK CLUB !!!!!!!(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

You know, I’ve said before, great minds think alike. I started to bring up the idea the other day, but thought it might be difficult. If you guys are game, I’m willing to give it a shot. How are we gonna’ choose the book? We all know of a lot of great ones? Maybe we should put a post up and see how many are interested, then get together and choose a book.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Have you guys ever heard of Team Speak?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I have read A New Earth. Though, I’m contemplating reading it again, because of you’re excitement with it. It is a book, I feel you don’t try to rush through to apply it to your own living and life.

Though, why don’t continue to ask others, and in the meantime share insights on the book you’re reading now? Did the Oprah site still have her “work-book questions” up, when you visited the link on Tolle’s book? Or did that not seem like something you’d be interested in?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Yes, I bookmarked it, but I haven’t gone through all the links there. I’ve been my usual self, scouring the net for resources; collecting more than I can read!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Ahhhh Man! I want to participate!! But, my husband, who is a HUGE Eckart Tolle fan took that book with him (and he better remember to bring it back!). However, I have it on mp3, so I can still listen to it again and keep up.

Is Team Speak a book or a program? I’ve never heard of it.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Team speak is a software program that people use to talk in real time over the net. A lot of gamers use it, but it could be used for a live discussion of anything. Just something that crossed my mind.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Ego and Awareness? Hmmmm, all in one Post??? K.

The Ego Mind is like a machine, outside of time and space, creating (or projecting) the illusion of separation. Why? By experiencing and knowing what we are not, we can know, through contrast, what we are.

The Heart Mind is the Ego Mind enlightened by spirit or source…it creates the Truth of oneness, unity, connection, etc.

There is only one Ego Mind “appearing as many” (Gary Renard – Disappearance of the Universe). The illusion of separation is created by the experience of perceiving the projection from infinite points of view (yours is one of those points of view right now).

Awareness? Waking up to true nature of mind, space, time, and our experience of it.

How can this be applied in “real life”?

Once we become aware that there is but one Mind appearing as many, and that we are not that Mind, but Spirit experiencing the projections and manifestations of that Mind from infinite points of view, our relationship to “others” and to “self” shifts dramatically. We start to become aware of the Heart-Mind, and begin to perceive, from our point of view, the Universe as the conscious, alive, unified being that it is. This brings inner peace and inner guidance from the Heart into physical manifestation, transforming the holographic image one fractal bit at a time.

That’s why there has been such a massive awakening to the Heart recently. And I’m not talking about what we still see and hear in the mass media of newspapers and television. The internet is the open forum where people are sharing their experience of opening or connecting with the Heart, and the one consistent quality is the energy of hope, inspiration, and love that comes forth in all the sharing.

Well, I hope that does it. It was fun! Take care…

Ilana Moss,
Heartcompass Enterprises
The Foundation For A Mind With Heart
LifeNavigation iCourse, Heartcompass Secrets Newsletter
Messages From A Mind With Heart
and http:/www.metaphysics-for-life.com

She’s kewl!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to amindwheart’s post:
I loved youe entire post! I especially liked what you said about the ego-mind.

“The Ego Mind is like a machine, outside of time and space, creating (or projecting) the illusion of separation. Why? By experiencing and knowing what we are not, we can know, through contrast, what we are”

Though all was wonderful(: Thanks for sharing that(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content