login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Getting weepy ▶

Imagine when we see a child that is unhappy, maybe someone they liked told them to get lost, or maybe they didn’t get something or get to go somewhere they wanted to.

What we’d like to get them to understand is IT’S ALL OK and they are still WONDERFUL and life is still WONDROUS and AWESOME and FUN, But fortunately with kids we usually don’t have to say much, they can usually forget what is bothering them pretty quickly all on their own, and so they get back to being HAPPY and CURIOUS and PLAYING and having FUN and feeling GOOD feelings.

But then for various reasons, we adults tend to lose touch with this basic kind of resilience, we lose touch with how WONDERFUL we really are, how BEAUTIFUL and WORTHY and PRECIOUS we are. I suppose that is something one could get weepy about,

IT SEEMS LIKE SUCH A TRAGEDY, SUCH A WASTE.

Then again maybe this capacity to lose touch with ourselves is all a part of the big picture.

In any case i get weepy about it, from time to time.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Lots of love, Mara!

I know what will make you smile! The word lachrymose!!! What a great opportunity to whip out that one. That is a word that is sad from neglect! I think weeping is healthy! I think sometimes we have to weep ‘cause our bodies just aren’t big enough to contain all of what we are, and weeping, to me, is one manifestation of the love we have inside of us. It can remind us of the what and why of our existence. It can remind us that we are more than we often think we are.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I take the time

to claim & demonstrate 

from the depths of my being

that loving myself well 

is valuable 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content