login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★HOW WE THINK ABOUT THINGS.

CONSIDER THIS.

We prevent ourselves from experiencing the good feelings we want to experience,by blaming our current circumstances or lack of some physical thing like money,certain relationships,the physique we want ect.

But none of these determine how we feel,the only thing determining how we feel,is how we think ABOUT things(and the ultimate reason we want anything is,we want to feel better feelings)

This is why you can find beautiful and rich people who are miserable,and also poor people who are joyful,and vice versa.The great equalizer in life is this:each of us determines how we think ABOUT anything,and its this ability thats causes us to experience however we feel.

If your not feeling WONDERFUL,Its not because of what materially you dont have,its because of how your thinking about things(whether your thinking about yourself,circumstances ect)

Does this mean you should compromise and settle for mediocrity or lack? NO.it means that if you currently dont have some things you want,you dont have to use that as an excuse or reason or justification to feel less than WONDERFUL.

If you dont have the money you want,you can envision and imagine and FEEL what it would be like to have PLENTY of money,And if you do this clearly you will FEEL rich,even when you dont yet have the money.

If your over weight and want to be slimmer and fitter,you can imagine how youd feel if you were ALREADY slim and fit,even while your over weight and out of condition.

If your in less than ideal circumstances,you can imagine and feel what its like to be in wonderful,idylic,awesome circumstances even while you are in less than ideal circumstances.

But this raises the question.isnt this fantasizing,isnt this pretending,

YES it is,but its also how we create the physical realities we want.

feel the reality of it,long before it becomes part of your physical reality,and there IS a reason for this(see below)

THE UNIVERSE IS RESPONDING TO HOW WE FEEL…abraham hicks.

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Robert,thank you for your inspiring thread on creating, feeling and imagination(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Your post makes me think of a very destructive thing all of us have in our homes – the TELEVISION! Wouldn’t it be great if all the televisions on the world all stopped working for a couple of months. What if televisions only worked for a couple of hours a day – how healthy would that be for our society? What if we were given a menu on the first day of every year with all of the shows we could watch, and we were given a limited numbers of hours we could “spend” for television – how great would it be to have to consciously think about what you were going to feed your brain ahead of time.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Hi SRWE, I hear of many speaking about the destructiveness of electronics.
It would be interesting to see how many who grew up with electronics being the central part of their lives would live without their toys(:

I see many utilizing it in ways that sometimes push me toward wishing for more simple times… when the only reality could be found in an experience in true engagement with significant others, daily encounters with new friends, being in nature, in the classroom…or simply the classroom of life.

It amazes me when individuals cannot even get off their phones when interacting with people who are serving them directly.

Though…I also enjoy my TV. After a long day of work, with many others…the thought of a favorite show or one I share weekly with my hubby brings another smile to my life.

I have had times when we didn’t have TV or access to a PC, and that was wonderful too… Like everything, discerning the infamous level of balance… is key(:

It would be interesting to hear the other areas of life people are engaging in…to allow electronics…. to serve rather than deprive(: So the gift of these inventions …can remain something of value …and not to devalue … daily simple abundance(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content