login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Making What You Want and Need A Routine

There are many thoughts on creating good habits->some say it takes 14 days, some say 21 days. No matter what the length of time it takes, this is the healthy-habit thread(: It is for declaring our intentions, applauding our efforts, gaining support and to keep things progressive and real.

What are some habits you’re currently trying to create, and how can we (at bmindful), support you?

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

I guess I’ll start.

My ultimate health goal is to work out 4-5x a week with a full workout each time (cardio, free weights and machines). I’m so grateful I have no restrictions in my health to pursue this goal!I’ve done it before, and it was the best in so many ways! Just thinking about how I felt is incentive.

I’m tired of being frustrated with myself, that I didn’t make enough time to fit in this routine for enough exercise (time) or do it well (enough reps, sets and variety). I will begin by documenting when I work out, which exercises I do, and challenge myself daily and weekly to be consistent and progressive.

I will eat like a (little) body builder and be as strong and as toned, as I want.

Beyond appearance I simply want all of the wonderful things that exercise does for mind, body and spirit. It is only truly evident to me, in the way I LOVE, when I make it #1 priority!

I will start where I’m at, and make it a top priority as I once did.

I will pack my gym back with everything I need to make my workout successful and enjoyable (tunes, audio tapes, resistance bands, water, snack, paper and pen, book).

Oh yea, thanks MCM, for letting me vent about this yesterday. It was what prompted this thread(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to laurie’s post:

Good On You Laurie for doing what you are going to do! I am behind you all the way! You got the force and power inside to do it for sure! Im beside you giving you good ol’ hardwork, full of pump, stamina, energy and MANA – Maori word for strength! Have fun Girl! You got it going ON!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I’m going to declare my intention: I will write in a journal EVERY day for 14 days and tell you how I went, if it did indeed form a habit, if it was helpful. I started 3 days ago and so far so good.

I will add that since I was a little girl, I have started many a diary to only stop after a day or two, I’m not one of those “journal writing” people so this will be something if I keep it up. Thanks MCM for your thoughts on journal writing which made me start this challenge.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
Thanks PE(:

Big Hug to you(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:
Yaay vivi!!! Writing is a biggy! Let us know after 2 weeks, the good stuff you get from the routine(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to Vivi used to be focused but now she’s ????‘s post:
Confession time – my journal writing lasted about 6 days – which is an improvement on past attempts but no habit formed. I liked it while I was doing it, even got out of bed a few times when I remembered. Then blank! I even forgot I had the notebook. Last night I was thinking to write down something important, and then I remembered the diary.

I’ve been very preoccupied this last week which is completely necessary for me to accomplish a few things. I want to get back to normal but this won’t happen until after exams next month, and right now I feel so yuk – no exercise, bad food, sleeping badly, no balance, NO FUN.

Now if I had of added more study into my daily routine back in February, I probably wouldn’t be in this mess now :(

Hope you guys are having better luck with your good routines, tell me about it so I can be inspired!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

What’s been happening with me isn’t only about consistency, it’s about getting clarity about what I want to change and why. Consistency is only part of the ingredients of what I need to get to my the result.
The more reasons I conjure up for anything important-the more my routine becomes more and more consistent.

Writing:
re: , writing is for me. It helps me get clear. I write often, almost daily. I make myself at least date a page in my journal pages almost daily. I write something pertaining to my day or how I feel, even if it is not very important. The more I write the more (at some point) I see I have more to say about things that are vital to me. It rids me of the mundane impersonal things that float around. My goal is to progressively get more in touch with me, and stay at that place. There is no one I’m had a relationship with longer than me; I want it to be real.

I like to use different kinds of paper to keep me from getting bored. I sometimes make my writing structured, sometimes cute, sometimes it’s so sloppy because of being tired from my day..As long as I write, it’s a good thing.

Every few days I drop my dated pages in a tickler file. At the end of the month, I will gather my efforts and put a months worth in a binder.

Exercise

I want nothing more than to have a hard core exercise routine as I once did. Though something had to happen 1st. I had to get good and honest, about not just how much I wanted to make that #1 in my life, but get in touch with all off my whys; anotherwards create passion about my choices by getting in touch with my whys; meaning-> my motives for engaging in things that have me using my time (a lot of time) in this area.

I had to get honest, and then good and angry about how I progressively was not that little body builder any more. I still eat very healthy, though the whole picture of making exercise exist and progress needed to be more tangible. I needed to be able to quantify my efforts.

I made a chart of every possible exercise I want to be doing regularly . I made sure some of my routine could be done in my place versus the gym, to get rid of excuses. If I can stay up late checking out bmindful, I sure could find time, to use my free weights, treadmill or resistance bands.

I dated my chart for the next month and 1/2. I check off everything and anything that relates to my goals. I have a place that I can note the time and quality of my exercise.

It is truly exciting to see I AM doing what I say I want for myself I may not be at the place in my routine, that I was, but I am not deceiving myself with my efforts, and I’m not using anyone else as my ruler.

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Vivi, sounds like you have your priorities in order.

Suggestion in re: to writing, that might even help you with all of your other goals, write about what you have to do in school:

-how far you are in each project
- ideas for your projects
-feelings about what is going on w/all these activities
-about how you feel physically, mentally, spiritually and emotionally, like you’re posting here, but for a more important audience-ViVi!(:
-remember you don’t have to write much. You can even write in outline form or mind-map form.

You will be able to gain more clarity about where you’re at, and more motivation stirring, as soon as school eases up, to write about other areas that interest you. Whatcha think?

Sorry about my wordy posts tonight. I worked a 10 hour day, and I’m beat.

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Hi Bmindfulers!(:

How are your high priority routines going?

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

I’m glad you brought this thread back to the top ‘cause I want to mention something about habits. In some earlier threads I’ve mentioned that it takes two to three weeks to develop a new habit, I’d like to amend that a bit because of further reading I’ve done. Actually it “really” takes about six months to develop a new habit. It takes two to three weeks to “convince” yourself that a change is taking place, it takes about six months worth of consistent action to develop new neural pathways. Your brain literally goes through biological changes and grows new connections. This is not some abstract concept, it’s scientific fact. After about six months the new behavior truly becomes habit and the “effort” is no longer required, it just is. Does that make sense?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
absolutely.

When you’re up to it, let’s discuss your findings(:

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Here is an amazing, amazing video that will bring a tear to your eye.
Brain Plasticity

Another great video

Neuroplasticity

And Another Interesting Video

Here’s the entire discussion for the above link

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

These were amazing, Jeff!! Wow! Doesn’t this open up a world of debate!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content