login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Temperament Types

When I was posting some lyrics earlier I got to thinking about Termperament, because it has such a profound affect on how people write and relate to music, as well as other areas of life.

Here is an online test. (I guess the online test works, I didn’t actually check it out.) I’m not sure if this is the Kiersey test or the Meyers Briggs test, both are incredibly accurate and can give you profound insites to yourself. I have a book called “Please Understand Me” that is excellent. It is very informative. I am an ENTJ, but these days I am closer to an “I” than I used to be. (I’m not quite as extroverted as I used to be, in other words.)
ENTJ is Extroverted, Intuitive, Thinking, Judging.
I hope some of you will take the test and share your results.

Test

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jeff,(: I couldn’t pull your tests page up, but ->see Jung tests on bmindful thread

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Different Test Link

My results were very similar to you ENFJ. Extroverted, Intuitive, Feeling, Judging. :) Hmmm… Found in only 5% of population…

Description of the different temperaments

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I couldn’t get the link to open MM, but I look forward to reading about enfj’s. This if fun!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

O M Goodness! I am so wishing I took this test 20 years ago, it would have saved me years of frustration!! :)

“Career

Areas that would not permit utilization of the interactional talents of ENFJ’s for example, accounting, should be avoided.”

I spent 17 MISERABLE YEARS as an accountant!! I do not like being chained to a computer & desk. Goodness knows, I cannot keep a schedule/deadline and have no concept or use of that nasty little thing called a clock!! What was I thinking?

Hmmm… Does this sound like me? ENFJ’s like to have things settled and organized. (the lady who has an inventory of her pantry & keeps her bills in a binder)

My husband better take note of this: ENFJ’s are socially adept and make excellent companions and mates. They also are deeply devoted to their children, yet tend not to be domineering to either the children or mate. :)

Whoever wrote this is quite the flatterer!! ENFJ’s are outstanding leaders of groups, both task groups and growth groups. They have the charming characteristic of seeming to take for granted that they will be followed, never doubting that people will want to do what they suggest. And, more often than not, people do, because this type has unusual charisma.

Of course, now I’m going to look up yours, Jeff… What insights about you will I find??? hehehe….

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

This is the link from the Jung link on bmindful thread

Did you all check out that thread ->see bmindful thread

I will look at yours too MM. But for now, must say goodnight(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh, post entj, oh please, please! (Jumping up and down and clapping hands together.) When Laurie’s done, post her’s too!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Post my what(:?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Ok, Jeff, for you…

If one word were used to capture ENTJ’s style, it would be commandant. The basic driving force and need of ENTJ’s is to lead, and from an early age they can be observed taking over groups. ENTJ’s have a strong urge to give structure wherever they are – to harness people to distant goals. Their empirical, objective, and extraverted thinking may be highly developed; if this is the case, they use classification, generalization, summarization, adduction of evidence, and demonstration with ease. They resemble ESTJ’s in their tendency to establish plans for a task, enterprise, or organization, but ENTJ’s search more for policy and goals than for regulations and procedures

CAREER
ENTJ’s will usually rise to positions of responsibility and enjoy being executives. They are tireless in their devotion to their jobs and can easily block out other areas of life for the sake of work. They will be able to reduce inefficiency, ineffectiveness, and aimless confusion, being willing to dismiss employees who perpetuate such behaviors. ENTJ’s tend to work in organizational structures of some sort, tend to be in charge administratively, and rise to top levels of responsibility, whether in the military, business, education, or government.

Home

ENTJ’s take charge of the home. When an ENTJ is present, there will be little doubt as to who is in command. Because their work is so important to them, however, they can become increasingly absent, especially if male. Male or female, ENTJ’s expect a great deal of their mates, who need to possess a strong personality of their own, a well-developed autonomy, many and varied interests, and a healthy self-esteem.

Midlife

At midlife the ENTJ’s tendency to be somewhat unaware of the feelings of others, including those close, maybe an area that could be given attention. But perhaps the most important midlife task of the ENTJ is to begin to allocate time and energy to pursuits which are not work-connected and to begin to develop a larger repertoire of play skills. Putting off vacations, travel, hobbies, and family should be avoided.

Mates
The ENTJ is a natural “fieldmarshal,” that is, he’s itching to get his hands on several “armies” so that he can marshal his forces and conduct the “war” as it should be conducted. If our ENTJ is in charge of any kind of enterprise, however small, his temperament dictates that he run it as he would his armies – with an eye to long-term strategies and their derivative tactics, logistics, and consequences. In startling contrast to this, the fieldmarshal is enamored by the “flower child,” the bucolic artist ISFP, tranquilly ensconced next to Walden pond! Perhaps the ENTJ wishes a spouse who will share with him or her the quiet of the forest and field far from the madding crowd, thus separating home from work by a great, insulating distance.

I am an INFJ

Is that good? I never thought I was such a sap!!! I gained the highest score on feeling. Anybody else share this character defect? LOL! ;O)

A full and thankful heart..

Well, I am not sure about the “I” – I think you are much more an “E”… You don’t seem very introverted to me. :) Oh, I scored very high on the feeling. We are just born delicate flower petals, Anoushka! :)

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content