login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★meditation as self-care

Thread from 2013 goal -improving my understanding and practice of meditation

• ** My words were “2013…is my year to add additional focus to particular routines ….a more formal understanding of meditation being 1 area”

• ** This thread’s main intent is to increase the power of my own intention, ask you to examine yours…if you choose, and to once again begin sharing on a site which enhances mindfulness. continued blessings selfcare
  • ** There are some wonderful resources listed on bmindful regarding meditation. Daily meditation is vital. The individual who created bmindful shared regularly about the value of meditation and shared about his involvement. I was once asked by a member here if I meditated. My response was sometimes. This couldn’t have been further from the truth. I take time for this peace often…daily. I didn’t realize it at the time…but I over-thought the question. I had a picture in my mind how one meditates if they followed a specific setting/appearance/“guidelines”. I believed the question only referred to the perfection-picture of meditation in my minds eye.
  • ** Do you take time to truly meditate? Is improving your meditation practice important to you? Have you received guidance from a from a teacher, books…both? Are you taking steps toward this improvement? Have you discussed this practice with those close to you? How has meditation improved your life? Like any goal…we have to clarify where we are…and decide how to proceed. (questions to ponder)
  • ________________
    Invest in yourself
    The cultivation of mindfulness has roots in Buddhism, but most religions include some type of prayer or meditation technique that helps shift your thoughts away from your usual preoccupations toward an appreciation of the moment and a larger perspective on life.

Mindfulness is the practice of purposely focusing your attention on the present moment—and accepting it without judgment. Mindfulness is now being examined scientifically and has been found to be a key element in happiness. helpguide.org/harvard/mindfulness.htm …Adapted from Positive Psychology: Harnessing the Power of Happiness, Personal Strength, and Mindfulness, a special health report published by Harvard Health Publications

• ________________
    Meditation changes your brain-Dr. Mercola
    And while it’s not unusual for the most experienced meditators to have spent decades, even a lifetime, perfecting this art, you can gain benefits just from meditating in your home for 20 minutes a day.
    rest of this article
  • ________________
    I notice each little improvement in my life. ► I acknowledge my progress and celebrate it daily. ► I easily progress from one undertaking to the next. ► I move forward without hesitation. ► I find something to celebrate every day. ► I always make choices that benefit my cause. ►I focus on my dream, and eagerly take the next step to bringing it into reality. ►It feels great to be putting my life in order. ► I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. ►No matter where I am, I am always looking forward. ► I encourage and praise myself even when things don’t turn out as I planned. ► I congratulate myself every day for the great progress I am making. ► I congratulate myself for all the good in my life because I know that I co-created it

• ________________

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

“Do you take the time to meditate?”

I do. I love focusing, just sitting and identify what it is I’m feeling and where those feelings came from, and what they mean. And then I move those feelings aside, to focus on what’s left, beyond my concerns. How is the universe filling me? What am I doing with the energy the universe passes through me?

I love it. Tune, amplify, return. Whoo!

For too long I haven’t consciously meditated regularly but am starting again

However I do often just do it without trying ,especially if I look at a candle or watch the clouds /falling rain

thread from 2013 to bring current

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

A student went to his meditation teacher and said, “My meditation is horrible! I feel so distracted, or my legs ache, or I’m constantly falling asleep. It’s just horrible!”

“It will pass,” the teacher said matter-of-factly.

A week later, the student came back to his teacher. “My meditation is wonderful! I feel so aware, so peaceful, so alive! It’s just wonderful!”

“It will pass,” the teacher replied matter-of-factly. ―Unknown

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My definition of greatness

is to be greater than your environment,

to be greater than your body,

and to be greater than time.

And if you do, you will be great.

I mean, that’s it!” – Dr. Joe Dispenza

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content