login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★I have too many desires and don't know where to start

Please advise me on this.
I desire a new life and so i wrote what that new life looks like for me.

My main problem is that i’m a beginner with LOA. One day i have a desire for one thing and the next day i get a desire for another thing! Ugh! So annoying.

The thing i’ve learned from LOA is to focus on and manifest only one intention at a time, and also to visualize and focus on that intention if it feels good at the monent.

For an example, i’ve dreamed for the past for the past few years to do a trip to Six Flags. I took the inspired action of writting out consent forms, flyers, information sheets (this will be a coach bus trip). Then after that i would visualize with excitement the bus ride to the place, the people going on this trip, and the fun and excitement and it being the best day of my life. This JULY trip is either happening this or next summer, definately!

But i don’t vi sualize it everyday as explained in The Secret because again, other things i desire and am excited about, like manifesting a male and female friend, doing a web series, an indie film, starting an online business, the kind of house i want, etc.

What do you guys think i should do?

In response to Roaring Springs’s post:

“…My main problem is that i’m a beginner with LOA. One day i have a desire for one thing and the next day i get a desire for another thing! Ugh! So annoying.”

I COMPLETELY understand. A hundred years ago there weren’t so many options available to people. Your life, for most people anyway, was determined by a few definite factors. Today there is a smorgasbord and it certainly does make it hard to choose one path. (A wealth of information is free to anyone in practically any field and practically anyone can be an expert in anything. Anyone with the drive could be a leading authority in any area in just a few years, or less.) I have a very difficult time with this myself. One thing I used to REALLY worry about, and I really mean REALLY, I worried about it a lot, was making a wrong choice about the direction of my life. “What if I choose the wrong path?” I’ve finally figured out there are infinite paths out there and some are better than other. There are many paths that will bring fulfillment. Put a pen to paper and figure out the handful of things that seem most appealing. What seems like it will bring you the most of the things you want out of life. Another thing that can be helpful is to ask yourself why you want something. Most of the time I think we are trying to bring certain feeling into our lives rather than things. If someone says they want a little red convertible, what they are probably wanting is the feeling that they think that car will give them. I think people who really know what they want are so lucky – either lucky or they worked really hard to figure out what they really wanted. I’ve read before that it is important to feel a strong desire for a goal, but it can easily elude you if you become obsessive about it. One book I really liked that seemed to have lots of practical advice, two books, no, three as a matter of fact were DO IT!, Life 101!, and Wealth 101! They were by a John Roger and Peter McWilliams. One of the most important truths, I believe, is that we can have anything we want, but we can’t have everything we want. Another thing is that we are only here for a limited time. We can waste a lot of time meandering around. (Is there really such a thing as wasted time, though?, I say yes and no, but that’s another question for another day.)

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

THIS THING KNOWN AS LIVING OR THE HUMAN CONDITION,IS FOR SURE MORE OF A
JOURNEY OR A COLLECTION OF A ZILLION THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES,THAN IT IS
A DESTINATION,ALL THESE THOUGHTS AND EXPERIENCES ARE ALSO NOW MOMENTS

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to Roaring Springs’s post:

I believe as children we see our parents strive for something and that becomes our goal to be like our parents. Then when we grow up the goals and desires of our parents is not so glamorous anymore. We also want to do something mainly because we want others to notice us, and for them to think we are soo successful. All the time losing what we really want to be. So let’s say we really enjoy just sitting in front of the tv watching programs or movies we really enjoy. We are then called “losers” because we are not doing what others want us to do.

So when your lying in bed at the time you think you are gonna die you say to yourself. Why didn’t I pay more attention to my kids? Why didn’t I laugh more? Why didn’t I go hiking to the mountains and enjoy my life? Sadly because we were doing something we really didn’t like to please others.

Godschild, your post brought C.S. Lewis to my mind. Here is a link to C.S. LEWIS – Oration at University of London, 1944 THE INNER RING:

I hope some of you read it, there is gold in there.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

I believe I am from the people who are too old to care? Too much work to try and get the ok form others. I desperately need the ok from ME! Excellent article smartroutines. I really agree with him. Great minds think alike!

wonderful thread!!!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content