login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★inner creativity

inner_creativity

Old paradigm: DO so you can HAVE so you can BE.
New paradigm: BE so you can DO so you can HAVE

• “If we let go of what we’re trying to get more of, which we really don’t need, it frees up reserves of vitality to make a difference with what we have. When you make a difference with what you have, it expands. This applies to love, to time, to relationships — and, of course, to money. If you sit down and make a difference with the money that you have, you will find that your experience of it expands, and you don’t have that focus on scrambling to get more of what you don’t really need — which is what most of us are so busy doing that we don’t even notice who we are and what we have. By contrast, the context of sufficiency is making a difference with who you are, what you have, and knowing that it’s whole, complete, and exactly enough. It’s perfection.” ~Lynne Twist

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Well, I think there are a few “triggers” for me that can bring out creativity automatically and I also know that I can induce creativity when I want to. Listening to music or an audiobook or reading often automatically starts my mind spinning in creative ways – but, I can also get into a creative mode intentionally by doing these things. Images can do the same thing for me. Sitting quietly in the dark can too. Even actual “work” can make me feel creative – physical or mental work. Learning, really working to learn something can spur creativity in me. I mention this to contrast it with passive learning or reading. Sometimes I’ll read a single sentence or paragraph or page many, many times to really let the ideas soak in. Once upon a time in a land far, far away I decided to read Being and Nothingness, after about a month I had made it all the way to about page 78, I really tried to absorb what I was reading that way, page 78, I remember, it’s when I gave up, lol.

I had another thought too. You know how when you are reading a book and something makes you mind go click. Something will spur something in your mind. It’s good to learn to notice when that happens and just jot down the thoughts, something that can re-ignite that thought later on. Capture that thought – there is often gold in them thar hill.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to SelfcareEnthusiast’s post:

For me it takes someone to inspire me like FG she has so many lovely things that make me feel alive and calm. I love it when it comes so naturally to some. It use to be that way for me but I started worrying about everyday life and that took away my creativity. I can start today though!

“A journey of a thousand miles begins with the first step!”

f983b45992fe94bfe5519d8b4cdb5c0b--inspirational-art-quotes-fun-quotes.jpgtumblr_mh712rQxV51rxaxxto1_500.gif

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content