login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Can anyone help me,

i suffer stress and nerves, always worrying, what if, i have low confidence and give in to easy, is there any help you can offer. Have never tried “affirmations before, could anyone tell me is it good, can it help, and any affirmations they think might help. Always found it hard to keep my brain focused on something for longer than seconds, too easily distracted, but i am willing to try, so any advice would be genuinely appreciated.

kindest regards

thomas

Please try the Serenity Prayer , because I have seen it work.

Also as Hindus we believe in the power of Mantras ( small prayer packets) which also are aligned with our planetary system. That too can help , if you have the belief.

All the best!!!

Thomas, there is a lot of good stuff in these forums that will probably help. Affirmations are definitely worth doing. Starting a journal would probably help a lot too. Dump your thoughts out on paper and it will allow you to get a handle on what all is rolling around in there. Remember to step back from your thoughts and observe them – you aren’t your thoughts – you are the awareness of your thoughts. There are lots of smart folks around here that are willing to help.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

your in the right place,affirmations are good.I don,t know where your at in life exactly of course,but whatever sent you to this sight did you a favor.There are lots of threads with good ideas on how to slowly improve your life.And try to remember to be less critical of yourself because that is a habit many people struggle with,there is lot,s of friendly people here.the thread, laughter isthe best medicine is one I like here,s a post from that thread.soup nazi
seinfeld

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Hi Thomas and welcome here .I would start very simply ,just a few affirmations that feel right for you and be very gentle with yourself .

I like to write out affirmations ,a bit like doing lines at school ! but I find it so relaxing ,I sit in a quiet corner ,light a candle and use a favourate pen and just copy out usually 4 affirmations lots of times .

Some days I will just say one of my favourates in my mind
“I love and approve of myself” by Louise Hay ,this is great on the days when my inner talk is not being very kind
or even just

I’m ok or I’m doing ok

I think getting into the habit of positive thoughts can be one of the most healing things we can do for ourselves ,above all be kind and patient with yourself
love flowergirl

For starters, you could try reframing things such as “I suffer from anxiety” to “I have a chance to show how strong I am by remaining calm”.

I’ve seen dream programming have astounding results (new name for dream incubation, practised for millenia). nIt’s as easy as repeating a very short statement to yourself as you drift off to sleep. Say you desire to be confident. Saying something like “I will have dreams tonight that make me confident” will produce the correct dream for you. Repeat the statement over and over until you fall asleep.

The exact wording of your statement isn’t critical. You can even focus on negatives such as “I will have dreams tonight that cure my anxiety”.

Focus on one thing per night, for 3 or 4 nights, take a break for 1 or 2 nights, then repeat as necessary.

Good luck!

Little video to cheer you up and encourage positive affirmations –

Start Your Day with Positive Affirmations, Just Like This Little Girl

Hello Thomas. Hope great ideas/support from the community create needed tools & vital hope to truly believe things have already become better, and all will get better better better from here. We are with you. And looking forward to hearing from you again on this wonderful thread you’ve created…and other threads on the forum. love & respect, selfcare

PS If you need help navigating around the forum…ask as you have done here…for what you need(:
an Excerpt from an article referencing Louise Hay
Louise Hay, lecturer and author of You Can Heal Your Life “Stress is really fear,” Hay explains. “It’s reacting to circumstances with a feeling of “this is too much. I can’t handle it.’”

When Hay is faced with uncertainty, she thinks thoughts such as “Out of this experience only good will come” Redirecting her thinking helps her feel serene and “gets my mental chatter out of the way,” she says. “We’re always talking to and the more we can say that’s positive, the better off we’ll be.”

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If you notice thomas,one simple request,can anyone help me?Resulted in all kinds of healthy suggestons,some might feel more like what you need to hear,because there is no such thing as perfection,I would “take what whatever suggestions you can identify with and leave the rest” for another day.I,m sure if you reach out in the future,you,ll receive more help.Mild exercise is always a good thing as well,living in the present moment,is also helpful…It seems like I wrote this for you,but I also am saying what I need to hear for myself.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to flowergirl’s post:
I really dig the candle and favorite pen thing, FG! When you do that you make it into “something” if you know what I mean. It sort of lends it more meaning.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to solarserenity’s post:
I DEFINITELY agree with the exercise statement. If you aren’t being active in some way you are shooting yourself in the foot. Even something like walking, which I do, does soooooo much for your outlook on EVERYTHING! Being more conscious of what you are eating can make a difference too. You go for a short walk every day for two weeks in a row and you’ll probably start to notice some positive changes mentally if you have been living like a couch potato. When it comes to affirmations consider making yourself a cd with affirmations you can listen to in the background or while you are sleeping. Consider writing them in first, second and third person. Like: I am, Thomas is, You are… and play around with that some. It helps to use audio affirmations when you aren’t paying attention to them – low and in the background or when you are falling asleep – because the statements will have less conscious resistance. That reminds me, I need to make a new sleep tape.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Oh most definitely exercise (: I’m not sure if you have health limitations which keep you from incorporating exercise…but if not.. various forms of exercise ->truly great medicine

• And like SmartRoutines mentioned…adding the headphones with motivational mentors is like having a coach-in a box to stay focused/and increase fun …or just your absolutely favorite ♫music♫ is very helpful
  • I’ve also found…workout partners can assist with accountability. We can find lots of “great” reasons for putting things off. But when you have a partner..we don’t just assist ourselves…but give the other person more reason for showing up…
  • After awhile… the reward is so great…will amaze yourself(: If you need support for starting new things…this site is quite helpful for beginning…and continuing (:
  • like Solarserenity stated…all of these are just suggestions….can be at least something to put on your someday maybe-list .
  • Speaking of lists…(: I use it to motivate myself, and have posited it on many threads Best of everything Thomas (:

☼• ► Physical Benefits of Exercise
STRENGTHENS THE HEART
IMPROVES LUNG CAPACITY
INCREASES METABOLIC RATE
IMPROVES CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE
FACILITATES DIGESTION
INCREASES FLEXIBILITY AND ENDURANCE
INCREASES BONE DENSITY
HELPS CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR
HELPS CONTROL WEIGHT
ENHANCES IMMUNITY
☼• ► Mental & Emotional Benefits of Exercise
ENHANCES SELF ESTEEM
IMPROVES CONCENTRATION
REDUCES STRESS
PROMOTES POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE
PROMOTES EMOTIONIAL STABILITY
INCREASES MENTAL ENERGY
IMPROVES SLEEP PATTERNS
INCREASES SENSE OF WELL BEING
REDUCES NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
RELIEVES ANXIETY AND TENSION
RELIEVES DEPRESSION AND FATIGUE
IMPROVES QUALITY OF LIFE

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thanks Smart Routines ,it makes it like a little ritual for me and as a very airy fairie person it fells very centering and calming .Little rituals make for special moments in our days .

I love it when one of our new friends asks a question like this as I find it reminds me of things I may have not done recently

It is about 2 weeks since I went for a walk in the woods and realise I’m missing that peace of being surrounded by trees and and the feeling of wellbeing and rosy cheeks when I come back home

It’s the same with the writing affirmations ,I have scribbled them om post its by the pc or said a couple randomly but not actually had my little ritual .

So thank you Thomas for your question and thank you all for your replies ,I’m off to get some purple ink for the pen now .
love flowergirl

Purple Ink… I love it! just popped back on to mention sunshine. Getting out into the sun is a good thing.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I alternate between purple,pink,turquoise,green and blue depending on what I’m writing and what I’m focused on ,going by my instincts

purple – spiritual
pink – feminine
turquoise – fun
green – healing ,calm
blue – calm and focused

This is not just for affirmations but everything

In response to thomas hall’s post:

Thomas try to just remember, “Today all is well” you don’t need to worry about tomorrow it will take care of itself. Drink Magnesium I take 750mg a day according to my weight. It helps with stress and drink some Passion Flower tea. It is very good to keep the nerves down. Keep a journal of the happiest moments in your life and read it before you go to sleep.

Positive affirmations do work!! they work like magic!! The only key is, Select the proper one and keep on repeating it!! our subconscious mind does not see whats right or whats wrong. It just accepts what our conscious mind tells it. Just give your self 21 days time,repeat affirmation.have faith in it. and see what wonders it does to your life!! repetition is a master key!!

I love your idea of writing affirmations in different colours. I am very influenced by colours, so that idea brings them more to life for me and helps the affirmations sink in on many different levels. Thanks!

Yes Thomas, you’ll find a lot of love and helpful people in this group, along with many wonderful affirmations that you’ll pick up from others and, that you’ll soon find yourself creating.

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content