login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★How Do You Feel When You Read Your Affirmations?'

How does it make you feel when you are reading your affirmations .I was reading mine this morning and looking for a couple more to add when I wondered how everyone else feels .

I always feel such a positive energy when I read mine as well as a reminder of things I’m in the process of changing .

I used to think that the person I wanted to be would be me when all my affirmations are happening ,then I realised that is me now ,it is just a matter of how I view things .

love flowergirl

Great question.

I always notice the difference between who I am most of the time vs. who my affirmations say I am. What a phony I am! But I get over it. :) I just keep on plugging towards the ideal me, just to see how far I’ll get.

How does it make you feel when you are reading your affirmation?

great thread & question from 2012, flowergirl… …One I am looking forward to revisiting… (:

I Am living a Divine plan

Such an interesting question!

I think you are right, AccidentalNote, about how sometimes we can use affirmations to help us acclimate to ideas that don’t yet feel comfortable. Like, me personally, when I feel massive shifts taking place within me, part of me has this habitual reaction of “How will people respond to the person I’m becoming? Will it be OK? Am I scared of the person I’m becoming or can I embrace it?”

So affirmations can be a good way to try on new ways of seeing ourselves, or get comfortable with new versions of ourselves. to cozy up to new ways of seeing ourselves. At first we feel a dissonance. Later, we’ve gotten used to the new ideas, the new perspectives, the new concept of self.

That is just one way of using affirmations, though — taking areas where we feel conflicted about the perspectives we want to adopt, and gradually get comfortable.

Another way is to take areas that are minor strengths, and turn them into major strengths. (That’s how I interpret your words, flowergirl.) So it is good to use affirmations that are purely positive (they carry no dissonance or feelings of conflict) just positive energy. Some affirmations turn up the volume on joy or gratitude or peace, and just feel good to say them.

I think I have both of those types in my repertoire, and I think both kinds serve an important purpose!

Absolutely “mahveluz” :)

I feel at ease, determined, powerful, and purposeful to go out into the world and spread good cheer.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

I have just been looking at mine which I have not done for a while and it feels as though I have wandered a long way away from the person I was when I wrote them ,as if I wandered into a deep fog

In response to AccidentalNote's post:

love that!

& thank you flowergirl for creating this thread. It’s truly excellent!

And thanks to all who take time to post here(: much love(:

Presently, I am looking into fun ways to create a system for daily use and practice of my affirmations. Here’s a link to one of my favorite threads which discusses 1 member's system I love what affirmations do for me, and I’m grateful for a site like this… that helps us to stay among like minded people to keep affirmations as a top of the heap-tool (:

Wow! How do I feel when I read my affirmations… Never did answer that question(:

Along with caring to find the joy and good… affirmations…intentions are simply powerful. Though the caring and trusting…in the power that already exists… seems to begin the process…of getting into it all for me(:

How do I feel when I read my affirmations? Great question!! Like many of us on this site, I have an enormous collection of affirmations I have created, collected from others, and collected …and altered to resonate more fully with a particular moment, desire, need etc.

I look at lists and allow my heart/spirit to scan what works for my present time… I love having many… I always have something meaningful to say to myself which triggers the life that I’m co-creating.

In response to Poppy’s post:
that speaks to me too Poppy! If you want to feel the magical effects of living in a world you can appreciate and share with others… affirming is a huge ticket!

I Am living a Divine plan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content