login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Discussion★Belief Or Procrastination - which is it?

Hi ALL

I had this thought today…

How do we know if our lack of success is due to our beliefs (and this its this that needs changing) or our lack of action (as in we have the beliefs we just dont or arent taking the action out of fear or boredom or whatever ie procrastination)

What do you think?

Our beliefs, our thoughts, our actions, our lack of action, our focus and direction, or lack thereof, circumstances outside of our control, circumstances inside of our control. This is the current manifestation of infinite causality. Some things were predetermined before we took our first breath, and most of those we cannot change, but that is not an excuse. Our every thought and action has effects far beyond those we can predict or comprehend, we are all powerful in this way so we owe it to all beings and ourselves to take some responsibility.

What is your definition of success?

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Success to me is achieving all i want to achieve and reaching my fullest potential…why do you ask lee?

and everything you said prior to that was too complex for me to actually understand in relation to my question, would you mind kindly expanding for me?

thank you

:) Sorry, I can carry on sometimes. In a nutshell I was saying that although you can sometimes isolate a cause of an effect (ie, you were hungry, you ate, now you’re not hungry) when you are talking about something as abstract as success, you’re looking at infinite causes and infinite effects.

The more specific your definition of success is, the closer you’ll get to being able to isolate causes and effects of your success, or lack thereof, and therefor be able to see if your ‘lack’ of success is due to beliefs or actions (or lack thereof).

But, not matter how much you believe a chicken sandwich will satisfy your hunger, unless you actually eat it, you’ll remain hungry :)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I’m not procrastinating — I’m refining my goals!

And of course, there is also such a thing as you thinking that a chicken sandwich will satisfy your hunger, and you actually being allergic to chicken. ‘The chicken’ being an opposite belief that keeps you from success and you did not even know you had. It is really marvelous how we have all these structures in our mind that we are simply not aware of. In any case, I feel the unconscious belief is really what keeps you from taking the action to achieve the success.
Matt

In response to AccidentalNote's post: like this response

love this thread!

I Am the
Allowing Complete Unadulterated Readiness

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content