login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Goal Card (affirmation with a date)

Hi ALL

All of these people have said to list a goal and to say it in the morning and at night. Some have said to add a date to it, and Bob Proctor has called it a goal card.

The people are:

RHJ – It works

Napolean Hill – Think and Grow Rich

Earl Nightingale and Bob Proctor

Now the thing is, I know they’re saying to read it in the morning and at night to imbed it into the subconscious mind, when were in alpha state.

I want to start visualising during the day by getting relaxed into an alpha state and also during this time to repeat an affirmation, so is it okay to affirm to myself the same thing, ie the affirmation with the date i set to have it by?

A friend of mine said no, because then the subconscious will wait by that date to give it to me, but then im wondering isnt that the same as what all the notable people above are saying?

thank you

james from UK

I don’t know the answer to that. I understand what your friend is getting at though. Why not add “or sooner” to the end? And “You see and take advantage of opportunities that help you reach your goals faster”. Keep the date, what could it hurt if you add the other stuff?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hi Madcookieman haha love the name

The thing is so far ive learnt that if we say soon or sooner apparantly that is exactly what we get, we never reach the goal cos we are always to it SOON or SOONER but never have it

I have also learnt that we should say affirmations as if they have happened NOW for the reason above, but then the above all say add a date to a card and read it, and that seems to be contradictory so thats where im confused

I think this is worth trying if only to help maintain focus.

I have a problem with budgeting and debt. Always behind and would love to catch and if not be ahead then at least balanced , on a level field. I realize I can affirm “ I am debt free “ or “ I am financially secure “ a million times a day but if I keep shoving the issue of bills and debt under the rug so to speak I’m not certain affirming such is the right course of action.

I think the Universe expects one to first acknowledge and take a step of responsibility prior to expecting change. And so if writing it down and setting a goal date is going to put change into motion I don’t see a problem with it.

One should do what works best for them and learn that which is best from trial and error.

JanesUK created some wonderful threads!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to D'Marie's post:

This makes much sense to me.

will return . Like this thread very much!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content