login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★HEALTH☼VISION - Blog(Big)Picture&Links

intro post

•  thread originally created in 2011… -Entire Thread going through a bit of revising…..will gradually be updated as time permits & also hope to make thread more reader friendly…. no deadline lol feel free to stop by as is…(:
        • ~
          I notice each little improvement in my life. ► I acknowledge my progress and celebrate it daily. ► I easily progress from one undertaking to the next. ► I move forward without hesitation. ► I find something to celebrate every day. ► I always make choices that benefit my cause. ►I focus on my dream, and eagerly take the next step to bringing it into reality. ►It feels great to be putting my life in order. ► I can see light at the end of the tunnel now. ►No matter where I am, I am always looking forward. ► I encourage and praise myself even when things don’t turn out as I planned. ► I congratulate myself every day for the great progress I am making. ► I congratulate myself for all the good in my life because I know that I co-created it

• ~See the source image

• FOR THE HEALTH OF IT – AFFIRMATIONS
        ►•I listen to my body and heed its needs.
        ►•I thank my body for my continued well-being.
        ►•I send love and appreciation to all the cells of my body.
        ►•My body maintains itself in perfect health.
        ►•My whole body vibrates with optimum health and energy.
        ►•My body thanks me for looking after it.
      •  “The few things that work fantastically well should be identified, cultivated, nurtured, and multiplied.” [Richard Koch is a former management consultant,entrepreneur, and writer]
      • ~
        Image result for andrew weil health quotes

Related image

Hippocrates, 400 BC, the father of modern medicine was said to have stated “Let food be your medicine and medicine be your food”. 2000 years later mainstream medicine is attempting to understand the validity in this vital wisdom. Less than a couple of decades ago it was unthinkable to taut it might actually be wise to eat something to change a condition or prevent one

Since most items on this thread will not pertain to supplements... I will save a small area here for food supplements. Supplements do not take place of food-they are in addition to.

Pro-biotics-Listen To Your Gut 

Probiotics are hugely beneficial in shaping who we are, how we respond to the world, and how our health is affected by these billions of tiny bacterias residing in the gut.

90% of your immune system is in your gut! Therefore probiotics are KEY in maintaining a strong immune system for several reasons: read rest of article here

Gut Brain PDF

You Are What You Eat

•  

•  We are coming to understand health not as the absence of disease, but rather as the process by which individuals maintain their sense of coherence (i.e. sense that life is comprehensible, manageable, and meaningful) and ability to function in the face of changes in themselves and their relationships with their environment.[]Aaron Antonovsky, Unraveling The Mystery of Health: How People Manage Stress and Stay Well
          ~~~~~~
        • ►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•►•
        • MAKING HEALTH #1
        • 1. Accept your (current) limitations in re:to time, space, energy and money
        • 2. Be consistent (ongoing and a little at a time)
        • 3. Success breeds success (the more you do, it will get you to want to do more)
        • 4. One day at a time (with organizing yourself toward your goal(s)
        • 5. You only have to live up to your own expectations.
        • 6. If you don’t do as you had planned—start fresh-
        • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        • My hope is that the thread is reader-friendly enough, where you will define health for unique-self. This is a thread I’ve been attempting to give time to in between …life.(: Hopefully you can take away something that assists you with your unique journey, and continue to create routines in your life that work well. Of course it is also my goal to inspire myself right along with you…to keep health as a top priority…an urgent and important quadrant ….progressive and maintained. -> Taking care of yourself is about focusing on & fine-tuning yourself
        •  To Your Optimum Well Being- WHOLE PERSON HEALTH
          …Whomever/whatever assists in your passionate desire to continue your journey…to grow…and love life…I salute you all for utilizing what works for you(:

Sleep – What do you feed your subconscious mind when you sleep?

Think – What thoughts feed your conscious mind during the day?

Eat – Did you eat healthy or unhealthy foods today?

Physical – Did you get any physical activity today?

Spirit – Did you nourish your spiritual muscles? 
        from 5 steps a day

Ways to change our thoughts and beliefs
        Because the Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy responds to the dominant thoughts in our minds we need to make sure the dominant thoughts in our minds are of those things we wish to manifest. How do we do this? Below is a small list of things you can do to bombard your mind with new thoughts and make them the dominant thoughts in your head, thus putting the law of perpetual transmutation of energy to work for you.

•  repeating positive affirmations.
          •  Using visualization techniques.
          •  Creating a vision board.
          •  Reading inspirational quotes.
          •  Read positive books.
          •  Listen to positive music.
          •  Act as if you already have that which you desire.
          •  Be grateful for the good things in your life.
          •  Remember the Law of Perpetual Transmutation of Energy is not biased.
          •  It responds to your thoughts and it does not care what those thoughts are.
          •  It is up to you to make sure your thoughts are producing the results you desire. this excerpt from www.positivethinking-toolbox.com

RELATED THREADS COMING SOON

love this! -Joy Of Aging

The expensive, rapid decline in the health of our sedentary society in recent years cannot possibly be due to inherited genetics, but they are often passed from parents to their innocent children through injurious unhealthy lifestyle training examples.

to read more:

Simplified Summary: We can significantly slow our rate of aging and common degenerative processes. We can delay the onset or completely avoid many devastating diseases. We can significantly improve our longevity, happiness and quality of life by doing the following:

•  ___________________________________________

ARTICLES TO CONTINUE LEARNING/RESEARCHING FROM RELIABLE SOURCES

WHAT ARE THEY SAYING ABOUT SOY? SHARE YOUR THOUGHTS.

HERE IS SOME IN INFO FROM DR. FUHRMAN- SOY

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

POST 2

• ** Entire Thread Being Redone…..will gradually be updated as time permits & also hope to make thread more reader friendly…. no deadline lol thread originally created in 2011… Please excuse the reconstructing(: I desire to give a focus to this before end of 2016…
      feel free to stop by as
      is…(:
    • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

intro post

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Related Health Threads Will Be Shared Here:

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

to be continued…

• ** * VIDEO ONCE POSTED BY Robert MORNING RITUAL entitled My Morning Ritual – How To Be Productive, Happy & Healthy Everyday WARNING SOME BAD LANGUAGE ON THIS VIDEO
    • SMILE …STRETCH ….BREATHE…WATER
    • MOVE YOUR BODY…REBOUNDER/MOVEMENT
    • INCANTATIONS/AFFIRMATIONS/CONDITION BELIEFS
    • ENGAGE YOUR EMOTIONS: EMPOWERING QUESTIONS
    • YOUR DRIVING FORCE/VISION/PURPOSE
    • FEED YOUR MIND AT LEAST 10 PAGES A DAY
    • PLAN/ SCHEDULE YOUR DA Y IN DETAIL
    • ACCOUNTABILITY CALL
    • HIT THE GYM/WORKOUT

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post 3

• ~

articleEating Consciously Mindful Eating: How To Nourish Your Mind And Body, Without Feeling Deprived

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

A good metaphor to help you understand your own personal value comes from aviation If you have ever flown on a commercial airliner, you have heard the safety talks at the beginning of the flight. One talk concerns the oxygen masks, which will drop down from the overhead compartment in the event of a sudden decompression at altitude. In that talk, you are warned to put on your own mask before trying to assist someone else.

Do you know why? Well, at high altitudes there is very little oxygen in the air, and the brain can survive for only a few seconds without supplemental oxygen. So, in the time it takes to help someone else who is confused and struggling, you could both pass out and die. But if you put on your own mask immediately, you will have the oxygen you need to survive and think clearly, so you can be of real help to others.

The point here is that unless you take care of yourself first, you cannot be of any help to others. ~written by Raymond Lloyd

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
  • ** ☼ ►•My list below comes from something called “ How to Have a Healthy Lifestyle with a Busy Schedule” by Sabrina Ryan and Anne Kowlaski, OCPA, Spring 2009
  • ** So Why Be Healthy?

22 REASONS WHY.
1. Vitality
2. An abundance of energy
to do everything you want to do
3. Happiness
4. Love and closeness with others
5. Satisfaction and fulfillment in life
6. Healing symptoms and disease
7. Symptoms and disease going way
8. Relief from the suffering that goes with the symptoms of disease.
9. Inner Peace
10. Being symptom and disease free
11. Mental focus, memory, and clarity (no brain fog)
12. Being awake and fully alive everyday (not dragging through stuff and surviving)
13. Being present and having the ability to be with people.
14. No worry or fear.
15. Being confident in yourself
16. Being complete and happy
17. The ability to deal with issues that arise simply and with ease
18. Having better health now, for security for yourself and your family later.
19. More time to do what you want
20. Simpler choices
21. Looking great, feeling good, reducing fat, and having tons of energy
22. Being satisfied, and not being hungry all of the time.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Rejuvenated-Reinvented-Free Spirit’s post:

Wow Laurie this post is jut too excellent!!! The Easy Mindfulness Exercise is just what I needed!! Because I like to help people the latest one is a man who is having a nervovuse breakdown he is rich and thinks he’s not. His mom,dad,and sister died within 2 years and he is traumatized,alone and suffering a lot.

It hurts me greatly but it is starting to affect my health so I must take care of myself and let him go. It feels as though I am abandoning him yet it was clear today that he treats his rich friends with great respect and me differently I cannot accept that. The sad part is that his friends except one do not want to bother with him. So Laurie this exercise was needed very much for me. I believe we have telepathy because you always seem to come up with things when I badly needd them!!!!

Peace and Love,
Mary

To Free Spirit,

THANK YOU for this thread. Its been well over a month since I’ve even so much as visited this site. July was a challenge beyond words for me… but somehow today I aligned myself so that I was available to messages from the Source within…
this included your thread… I am so very grateful for it. Thank you.
Bless you really good.
Love, Betty

In response to Godscreation’s post: In response to Betty’s post:

So very glad you both found something useful for you(: Thank you much(: Love and blessings to you(: selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Get out your healthy popcorn….short animation CREATED BY selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Great audio Laurie thank you so much!

Peace,
Mary

The healing meditation of Dolphin sounds. Helps us feel peace and heal.

Dolphins

excerpts 11_Vital_Tools raelenebyrne
1. meditation Meditating can be as simple or complex as you like. Basically all you need is to find a place that is comfortable, close your eyes and bring awareness to your breath. Keep it simple and you can apply the practise ANYWHERE.
2. Breath
3. NATURE
4. BODY MOVEMENT
5. IMAGINATION
6. SILENCE AND STILLNESS
7. GRATITUDE
8. SELF RESPONSIBILITY
9. SIMPLIFY
10. LISTEN
11. INTUITION

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

List below possibly came from Dr. Mercola’s website…It was handwritten in my notebook. It helps me. I hope it does good things for you too. (:

• So Why Exercise? It’s not ALL about the music
    Physical Benefits of Exercise
    STRENGTHENS THE HEART
    IMPROVES LUNG CAPACITY
    INCREASES METABOLIC RATE
    IMPROVES CHOLESTEROL LEVELS
    LOWERS BLOOD PRESSURE
    FACILITATES DIGESTION
    INCREASES FLEXIBILITY AND ENDURANCE
    INCREASES BONE DENSITY
    HELPS CONTROL BLOOD SUGAR
    HELPS CONTROL WEIGHT
    ENHANCES IMMUNITY

Mental & Emotional Benefits of Exercise
ENHANCES SELF ESTEEM
IMPROVES CONCENTRATION
REDUCES STRESS
PROMOTES POSITIVE MENTAL ATTITUDE
PROMOTES EMOTIONAL STABILITY
INCREASES MENTAL ENERGY
IMPROVES SLEEP PATTERNS
INCREASES SENSE OF WELL BEING
REDUCES NEGATIVE EMOTIONS
RELIEVES ANXIETY AND TENSION
RELIEVES DEPRESSION AND FATIGUE
IMPROVES QUALITY OF LIFE

• ______________________
  • __________________

• __benefits …lots of benefits_________________informative page informative site
  • ** ☼ ►• Physical Benefits Of Exercise: []Increases weight loss, fat reduction[]Fitness level improvements[]Increases muscle toning, muscle shaping[]Health level improvements[]Increases body shaping, body sculpting[]Increases muscle strength / muscular strength[]Increases energy levels, peak performance[]Increases aerobic strength / cardio strength[]Improves posture, bearing, stance[]Improves skill and agility[]Tends to delay aging, delays aging process[] Daily chores more easily performed[] Increases protection from injuries[]Improves flexibility[]Increases stamina and endurance[]Improves inner core strength[]Improves muscle balance[]Enhances body power and speed[]Proper body weight / body composition[]Stronger skeletal system[]Neuromuscular coordination and balance[]Look better / look healthier / youthful look[]Increases physical productivity[]Conditions digestive, excretory systems[]Stronger resistance to disease[]Alleviates many diseases and conditions[] Heart disease risk reduction[]Increases HDL cholesterol / good cholesterol[]High blood pressure reduction[]Possibility of certain cancers reduced[]
  • ** ☼ ►• Mental Benefits Of Exercise []Mental stress reduction[]Induces mental relaxation[]Improves confidence[]Improves mental productivity[]Improves concentration[]Improves mental sharpness[]Calms a bad temper[]Promotes better sleep
  • ** ☼ ►• Emotional Benefits Of Exercise []Anxiety reduction[]Helps you manage stress better[] Enhances self-image[]Improves quality of life[]Enhances a feeling of well being[]Enhances more positive focus[]Enhances higher quality of life[]Increases outlook on life[]Increases social rewards[]Helps you feel better about yourself and life
  • ___________________
  • ** ☼ ►•Benefits Of Strength Training-According to ACE*, the American Council On Exercise, strength training benefits include the following:

Increases bone strength[]Increases ligament tensile strength[]Increases muscle fiber size[]Increases capillary density increase[]Increases strength of the muscle contractions[]Increases tendon tensile strength

• ___________________
  • ** ☼ ►•Benefits Of Cardiovascular Exercise-According to the ACSM, The American College Of Sports Medicine, the benefits of cardio respiratory exercise include the following*:
    []Adaptive physiologic responses increases[]Aerobic work capacity increases
    All-cause mortality reduction[]Anxiety and depression decreases[]Blood pressure decreases[]Body fat stores decreases[]Capillary density and blood flow to active muscles increases[]Clinical symptoms of anxiety, tension and depression reduced[]Decreases resting heart rate[]HDL cholesterol (good cholesterol) increases[]Health benefits increases[]Heart volume increases[]
    Incidence of some cancers decreases[]Increase in heart function[]Lactate threshold increases[]Lung diffusion capacity increases[]Maximal ventilation increases[]Maximum cardiac output increase[]Maximum oxygen consumption increases[]Mobilization and utilization of fat increases[]Mortality in post myocardial infarction patients decreases[]Reduction in glucose-stimulated insulin secretion[]Resting and maximum stroke volume increases[]Total blood volume increases[]Total cholesterol decreases[]
  • __benefits …lots of benefits_________________informative page informative site
  • EXERCISE SITE- with exercise library
  • about this exercise site

CREATE YOUR OWN EXERCISE LOG- date description sets/ reps & notes

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I-love-how-healthy-I-am-positive-affirmation.jpg

Even when I am extremely busy, I still find the time to get enough sleep. I can always find the time because rest is a priority in my life. I am focused on caring for my body.

I am in wonderment at the science of nutrition. Taking better care of myself has led to constant discovery and amazement of how well my body can work.

Clean, pure water is a precious gift, and I drink it abundantly and gratefully.

Nutrition is a keystone for everything I do, so I make it an important part of my life and set aside time to eat well.

I expect a lot from my body every day, so I affirm its right to expect healthy fuel from me.

When I eat natural, fresh foods rather than processed ones, I feel more connected to the earth and the hands that grew it, and I am grateful.

Pure spiritual and physical nourishment is what enables me to give to others, and so I make it a priority.

I choose to wonderfully take care of mind, body, spirit, and creativity.

affirmations sources CREATED BY SELF AND LIKE EVERYONE -A  multitude of sources…often tweaked by self… some sources I know of:http://spiritualityhealth.com/ , thinkbrilliantly.com

Love how today was meant for me to ease into and create.

quote Taking care of yourself requires discipline and focus……it takes alot of courage to nourish and respectfully pay attention to YOU.
It is your right and responsibility, as well as your joy to love and be loved. “ quote came from a page entitled Ravenstarshealingroom’s Blog https://ravenstarshealingroom.wordpress.com/

Image result for inspirational quotes about nutrition

Image result for quotes about mindful feelings pics

Today I ask myself what I need and give generously!

I am the creator of my time.

→ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I allow the power of my being to produce magnificent health in my life forever more
→ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄ƷI love my life because I live it with ease, and with ease I can have anything.

Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I open my heart and allow wonderful things to flow into my life.→ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I love how my heart keeps me centered, and grounded.→ 

→ Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ I bring my life and aspirations into focus and concentrate on where I want to go.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Love💋Healthy TalkImage result for christopher peterson what makes life worth living quote

poster-regret-eating-do-it.jpg

poster-do-it-diet-expiration.jpg

POSTER-CRAp-food-do-it-570x570.jpg.webpPOSTER-STOP-START-DO-IT-570x570.jpg.webp(if any pics are not for use -will promptly delete)

I focus my power. I change my life.

HealthScreenshot-2018-08-25-10.49.38-636x640.png.webp7da1ca105aca550c50487f422fb78bb7.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Screenshot-2018-08-25-10.49.58-630x640.png.webp

QUOTE-keys-health-do-it-570x570.jpg.webpHealth

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

post being edited/updated

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

• PROGRESSIVE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

•  1. Do your research. Before you begin any new habit or goal, give yourself several days to know exactly what’s involved in making this change happen. How much time will it take? How will you insert it into your day? Who else will it impact and how will you deal with them? What special equipment or information will you need? What preparation is necessary? What must you give up to make this happen? How will it impact your life once you’ve accomplished it?
  •  2. Make an honest decision. Armed with the knowledge from your research, make an informed and honest choice. Are you willing to do the work involved in making this thing happen? Will the outcome be worth the effort? It’s hard to know for sure until you start taking action, but you should have some idea of what to expect before you charge ahead.
  •  3. Reduce overwhelm. If the goal or habit seems daunting, it will quash your desire to work hard for it. Break it down into small, simple, and brief actions or tasks. Make it so easy to do that it doesn’t feel like a chore. With a new habit, start with five minutes a day, every day — slowly increasing your time over several weeks.
  •  4. Make a public promise. Tell people what you are doing. Announce it to friends, family, on Facebook and Twitter. When you go public with your intentions, it immediately strengthens your resolve. A public commitment shifts your own thinking about your seriousness. No one wants to be embarrassed in front of others.
  •  5. Set up regular accountability. Create a system of accountability so that you can report your actions, successes and failures, every day. This may be a friend or it could be on Facebook or in a forum of some kind. Don’t just announce it once and then disappear. Let the world know about your progress.

[Selfcare-Commentary for #4 and #5-there are different views on going public with intentions. Weigh it out for yourself…weigh your motives and your needs.

• If it is accountability and support you are looking for, by all means tell others that pump you up…
    • Though I see the other side too…great to rely on your on yourself for accountability…get yourself psyched….tell no one-belief. It has been said …involving others sometimes “takes the air of your balloon”.
    • Personally, I believe it depends on the goal, the person, the supportive individuals you share with…the motive and the need…There have been times being mysterious with my plans served me very well…Keeping tabs on my progression…got me in the flow(: And other times…sharing in a supportive setting/a mastermind setting served me also. That’s my view. Would love to hear yours] (:

•  6. Expect difficulties. There will be life situations that might try to get in the way of your efforts. And it is so easy to allow them to undermine your work. Think in advance of possible problems that might arise and decide how you will deal with these situations. Decide in advance what you will allow to interrupt your work and stick to the plan.
  •  7. Use positive self-talk. When you want to quit, your mind starts reaching for excuses and reasons to give you an exit ramp from the work you are doing. Be aware of your mind’s efforts to sabotage you, and intentionally begin saying supportive and positive things to yourself the minute you feel mental resistance.
  •  8. Visualize the outcome. Visualization has an incredibly powerful effect on the brain. It can actually rewire neural pathways in your brain to support the physical efforts you are making. Take a few minutes prior to taking action on your habit or goal to visualize yourself accomplishing it.
  •  9. Move past failure. It takes practice to strengthen resolve and follow through on just about any endeavor. And if you tackle something “hard”, like diet or exercise, chances are good you will fail a few times before you are successful. Failure doesn’t mean it can’t be done. It might mean you started too big or didn’t plan ahead. Learn from the failure and start again, correcting what you think caused you to give up. Be kind to yourself and know that building resolve is a work in progress.
  •  10. Attempt one at a time. You may have many goals and many things you want to accomplish, but until you strengthen your resolve with one effort, don’t attempt to tackle several at a time. Begin the process of strengthening your resolve with something easy. When you accomplish that, move on to another, slightly harder effort. Build up to difficult goals or tasks so that you know what to expect and how to cope with interferences or problems.
  •  11. Practice resolve in small ways daily. Without judging your success or failure, attempt to resist small temptations during your day (ie: snacking, surfing the internet too long, gossiping). Prove to yourself that you are capable of small acts of self-discipline. These little successes will support your larger efforts at strengthening resolve.
  •  12. Accept full responsibility for your actions. Most of what happens to us in life is a result of our own choices. Yes, there are some things that are out of our control, but even then, we can choose how to react to them. We are not victims. We have an endless array of choices that can change the quality of our lives. There is tremendous power in that.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Gluten Free Ideas from www.naturalfactors.com/blog/2013

1. Amaranth

This ancient Aztec staple packs a high nutritional punch. Amaranth contains 65% carbohydrates and 14% protein, including the essential amino acid lysine. Its high calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, and potassium content helps fill nutritional gaps, and it supplies a good dose of vitamin C to increase white blood cell production. Amaranth is also a great source of cholesterol-lowering plant sterols.

2. Buckwheat

This versatile pseudo grain has been cultivated as an important source of nutrition in Eastern Europe for over 4,000 years. Buckwheat contains more zinc, copper, and manganese than most grains, and has been shown to provide an easily absorbable form of potassium. Buckwheat is a superb source of soluble fiber that helps balance blood glucose levels and supplies a good dose of the antioxidant rutin.

3. Millet

If you have ever eaten the traditional Indian flatbread roti, you have eaten millet. Different species of this grain are grown throughout the world. The four most common are pearl, foxtail, proso, and finger millet. All varieties are gluten-free, have high antioxidant activities, and serve a rich source of phosphorus and magnesium. Millet contains 11% protein on its own and can be paired with legumes for a complete source of protein.

4. Teff

Teff is a traditional staple of the Ethiopian diet that delivers a high dose of complex carbohydrates and vitamin C. Teff is the king of calcium; it provides 123 mg of calcium per cup when cooked and has a high resistant starch content that supports blood glucose and weight management. Despite being the tiniest gluten-free pseudo grain, teff makes a powerful nutritional impact.

5. Wild Rice

This native North American pseudo grain provides a broad-spectrum of vitamins and minerals, including magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc, niacin, and folate. Wild rice is also an important source of fiber and antioxidants. It is gluten-free and adds a fantastic texture and nutty flavour to any pilaf, soup, or salad.

6. Quinoa

This sacred Inca crop has earned modern fame for its amazing nutritional value and gluten-free protein content. Quinoa is a complete source of protein because it contains a balanced profile of all essential amino acids. It also has a high protein to carbohydrate ratio and is a rich source of potassium, zinc, and antioxidant polyphenols. Quinoa has such high nutritional importance that The Food and Agricultural Organization of the United Nations (FAO) has designated 2013 the International Year of the Quinoa.

Variety is key

Despite the challenges of living with celiac disease, there are a wide variety of celiac-friendly options that provide greater nutritional benefits than most varieties of wheat. Whether you are celiac, have non-celiac gluten sensitivities, or just want more variety in your diet, gluten-free grains and pseudo grains are a terrific whole-food approach to fuelling your nutritional needs.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings