login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★new and want to be active and learn..suggestions

This looks like a good site and a great tool…but I have never been on this kind of site…never twitter, or blogged or whatever. What are some good tips on how to best get used to the site and tools ( all of which are new to me) My goal and commitment to myself is to do what I can to become more “in the now, and stay in the moment”…. I have a past tendency to have my mind spins on almost everything and everyone else’s problems. Not to use labels but I guess I would bed called a care taker… I have many hours, days, and years with trying to get a handle on anxiety and a trend of “catasrophizing” almost anything. Outwardly I appear happy, perceived to be a “nice guy”, a giver, but I am having troubles giving myself what I need…which is the dedication to be happy with each moment I am alone and with myself… not rely on “external” thoughts, feelings, and others to keep my self happy, content, and filled with a sense of selfworth…. in a nut shell… I would like to be as happy and confident with myself as everyone else is of me. Not sure what kind of thread ( not sure what that is) to use or where to start… thanks.

Hi Daryl… welcome to bmindful… this is a great place to be transformed…. check out the different threads and glean off them… right now there is a good one on EFT… or tapping…. just a suggestion… when I do affirmations I try to word them starting with “I am” as in… I am in the now, I am dedicated to being happy, I am filled with a sense of selfworth… I am confident… you can keep your list on this site… share them with others as others will shre theirs with you…. welcome again…. Peace… kathy

Welcome to bemindful!

I think Eckhart Tolle’s “A New Earth” could help you with becoming more present. It certainly helped me.

I know that journaling regularly is very powerful. There is much to be said for the act of writing things out as opposed to merely thinking about them.
Writing about things you are grateful for can help a lot.

I’ve been trying to work on self-esteem lately and motivation. Nathaniel Branden has some good stuff on Self-Esteem or Self-Acceptance.

Woulda, Coulda’, Shoulda’ by Arthur Friedman would also be worth reading. It deals with lots of negative thinking habits such as catastrophizing.

Sometimes the right book at the right time can really make a difference.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Before I get out of bed in the morning..I relax my mind..with paper and pen in hand. I ask myself what are my most important areas to focus on today..and why..and maybe journal or just list-make for awhile. It is a good way not to get side tracked.

I find self care when made as a priority can become such a rewarding focus that after awhile caretaker personalities will see they have more to truly give others if they are well taken care of 1st.

Being present is something you will desire when you love you and your life more. My thought on the subject is go back to the basics- and decide what good self care means to you(:
Welcome to bmindful!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Coachhouse, the mad cookieman, and refreshed… awesome imput and thanks for taking some of your time to respond to my “thread”… first day back on and the first thread I have checked…. I will print what has been said and check out all of your tips and I will, or should I say, I am going to stay committed to focus of being open and putting in the effort to care more and I am worthy of the effort this will take… thanks… I imagine that I can hit on your “names” and see more of you and your profiles… thanks…

Refreshed – your comment in the later part of your thread is very accurate of what I am seeking to achive…. Quote “ Being present is something you will desire when you love you and your life more. My thought on the subject is go back to the basics- and decide what good self care means to you(: “ end quote
figuring our the ingrediants and how to blend what those ingrediants are is what I think I must be aware of first…hence the challenge at hand.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content