login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Improved Visualization through Baby Steps?

I want to see if I can improve my ability to visualize and I want to get some feedback. I’m going to try something out.

Here is my thinking.

If I want to take better advantage of using visualization it would help to get good at it, right? So, I am thinking maybe I could practice on getting really good at visualizing some simple things really well and move up from there. Here are thoughts on how I might be able to do that.

I could start practicing for just a few minutes at a time. I could start with simple more abstract stuff like colors. I could try to manipulate colors. Varying shades of blue. Holding a particular color constant. Moving from one color to the next and build up my ability.

Then I could start with simple objects. Learn to visualize them with great detail.

Then simple tasks. Stuff like making a sandwich or something.

Then start working on creating very specific settings. Go to type structures in my mind. For example, if I wanted to work on improving my public speaking, I could create a very complete structure in my mind. Once I had that structure made in my mind I could quickly pull it up whenever I needed it.

I would like to build up my ability to get to where I could pull up a very vivid visualization very quickly that would keep my mind from wandering.

Any thoughts?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I would also like to learn how to get more emotion into my visualizations. I have read many times that emotions make a big difference in how effective your affirmations and visualizations are. I have never been very good at pulling up strong emotions when I want them. You know how when you are listening to an audiobook and they always say something like “think of a time when you were really excited, or happy”, or something like that. Well, I usually just draw a blank. I always think, well, I can come back and do this exercise later when I think of something, but I never seem to get back to the exercise. Does that ever happen to you guys? I would like to get some of these “emotional times” sorted out so I can start using those emotions when I need them. Any thoughts on THAT?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Off the top of my head are these tools:

• blue mirror
  • affirmations of intent (PPPA)
  • support for your next baby step- accountability
  • see “stages of change model” ..and look through the list..see where you are and where you’d like to be
  • cut out pictures of your of success and surround yourself with it..
    “great template…at least I like it”:ideahttp://www.sparkpeople.com/system/habit_forming_chart.pdf
  • Ask yourself what is it you want to achieve and why?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Me likey, me likey. I will snatch this pebble from your hand.

I see, said the blind man when he picked up the hammer and saw.

Fascinating, captain.

Missed it by that much!

Nab that pidgeon, nab that pidgeon…

Aaaooooogaaaa!!!!

Have I told you lately how cool you are, Laurie?

Let’s go to Luckenback Texas, with Willie an’ Waylon an’ tha boys…
this successful life we’re livin’s got us feudin’ like tha Hatfields and McCoys..
Between Hank Williams’ pain songs and
Newberry’s train songs and Blue Eyes Cryin’ in the Rain
Out in Luckenbach, Texas ain’t nobody feelin’ no pain

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm's post:

When I begin in my heart place- and feel what 'throws me off' ... I allow more stillness for what I need.

Often it shows up as an affirmation... to  reframe... the energy I'm feeling

yesterday ... I wanted more blocks of time... in my world.

I wanted to be grateful, and feel the privileges one feels for opportunities... and found I couldn't get passed wanting some down-time.

2 affirmations came to me...

and

I appreciate the pace I have chosen to live, in the space and time I’ve chosen to love

The visualization of an ease-sifter ... is now working for me in major ways. 
It was more of an energy at first... Now... all kinds of  fun contraptions are surfacing to 
create the peaceful flow to my thoughts/feelings/and views of time and space.

Have I told you lately how you  bring a smiles to my spirit ... and my face? (:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content