login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Authenticity {share something meaningful from any time of life}

Take a moment and think about this question..do you take the time to be authentic with yourself and others…? Share openly with where you are today in this area..

Many-people-think-that-being-spiritual-means-being-positive-but-being-spiritual.jpg

thread from 2011....

this is an awesome thread-feel free to share as you feel comfortable.

will return soon(:

I love the freedom we feel sharing ANYTHING  about who we are &/or where we've been!

Love you ALL.

BLESSINGS

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

As a child and all through my teens and twenties I was extremely shy. Fearing rejection I never showed any emotion or barely spoke a word. It has taken many years to break out of my shell but when I did I came out with an explosion.

I am authentic in all that I do and say. When I love , I love forever , when I hurt I hurt deep , when I laugh I laugh until I cry and when I cry I can’t stop. I don’t follow any crowd or clic. I wear what I like and I don’t follow trends. I mean what I say and say what I mean. I am truthful so don’t ask my opinion unless you really want it. I’m not ashamed of being me.

Oh Laurie i read this about 6 hours ago and have been pondering on it .I have known for a while i have been out of touch with my authentic self ,she got a tad crushed under all the stuff life threw at her .
However its spring time and the perfect time for the hippie to come back .In my teens i was a flowergirl,long pretty dresses,flipflops,flowers in my hair,daisy chain bracelets ,or flared jeans,smocks and crochet waistcoats .
I was always smiling ,my dad used to sing a song to me by Stephanie De Sykes called i was born with a smile on my face and mum called me her blossom .
I loved life ,every morning held new hopes,dreams,experiences, and chances to make someones day a bit better .

Then i married at 21 to a man of 38 who changed the day of our wedding and my spirit was crushed like a butterfly under a big boot ,i became a shadow ,avoiding anything that would upset him.

7 years later i could take no more and went to live on a farm in an old caravan and bit by bit i came back ,walked miles every dayknitted colourfull big cardis,read for hours snuggled up in a sleeoing bag,painted my tiny kitchen red and made gingham curtains and cushions – it became the home i had been missing for 7 years ( his house was not home to me ,it was a shrine to his first wife who died when i was 10 and became a prison to my spirit )

There i became friends with the man who was to become my next partner and the father of my children .He loved my free spirit at first then wanted to turn me into a sophisticated lady – not me at all so i became 10% hippie 90% housewife .Still the same helpfull soul but both these men were jelous of me helping others .

Now my kids are grown up and still at home and love the inner me thats emerging ,im getting ready to leave the cocoon i have built round me and become that butterly .
I have always been honest,kind,helpfull,peace loving ,to everyone except one person

me

so now its time to love myself and celebrate me every day ,

love and hugs flowergirl

Do you ever hear your voice when you are talking with someone completely honestly, without fear of being judged. When you are saying “This is who I am and this is what I think.” Where your voice comes out so tension-free, it feels like your heart has taken over your body and is speaking for you?

I love that.

bringing current in 2018

Looking forward to returning to this thread...again after today.

I really enjoyed the authenticity in the sharing here... what a wonderful community!

My meaningful-now:

almost 40 yrs ago, I married my best friend...

And while it is a very full life... with lots of memories with him {all kinds}....

we treat each day as brand new. 

We grew from our 'growing-up'  together. We are awesome forgivers & forgetters... so good .... I'd have to think about what was forgiven & forgotten(: Though loving that we live in the now... for real!

We say thank you & please like we are breathing.

We grow with each new day...

and love is fresh and inviting~each day is pleasantly... new ... with new gifts to open.

Someone asked me the other day... 'why you are so excited about getting home? ~ You have been with your husband for 100 years?

It took me a moment to comprehend this person's confusion.

And when I did- the notion of how we live surfaced...

each day is new and precious.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to AccidentalNote's post: Yes, I love that too!

I enjoyed reading how you put that into words AccidentalNote. 

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to D'Marie's post:Re: I am authentic in that I do and say. When I love, I love for ever, when I hurt, I hurt deep. When I laugh, I laugh until I cry, and when I cry I can't stop -

What you wrote D'Marie was beautiful. Allowing yourself to really feel ALL your emotions

Heartache is good. Accept it joyously. Allow it, don't repress it. The natural tendency of the mind is to repress anything that is painful. By repressing it you will destroy something that is growing. The heart is meant to be broken. Its purpose is to melt into tears and evaporate. When the heart has evaporated exactly in the same place where the heart was, you come to know the deeper heart ~ osho

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post: Today I choose to believe being authentic can be both positive and/or negative. 

Positive: Bone cancer has not spread or increased. 

Negative: Another cancer might be present. 

Me: I’m just terribly sad!

Fly away to your greatest good!

In response to Birdman's post:

Sending you my very best wishes

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

In response to Birdman's post 

It is truly difficult to share hopes, thoughts and feelings in a post... so I will envision you right across from me and say what I'd say.

Thank you for being you and sharing on this thread.

You are truly one of the most authentic good-natured people I know ... deeply authentic! Your genuine difficult feelings are heard and deeply respected. I know you are doing everything you can for your family, and truly hope with my whole heart everyday you are taking care of you as best you can. 

It so difficult -to go through the ups and down of a very-hurting loved one... So sorry for such pain -for your loved one... and the pain you go through while being the caring and so beautifully available-person you are.

I keep you in prayers for  strength and courage in each fresh new moment.

And to echo the love from  Fly me to the moon: 

only

best of wishes!

love and hugs, selfcare

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Birdman's post:

sending you both love and peace filled hugs .You are such a kind man and I feel so sad for you and your family .

I hope you are managing to look after yourself too 

love and hugs always 

Flowergirl

In response to Fly me to the moon's post: In response to Selfcare-LivingLifeOfEase's post: In response to flowergirl's post: Thanks to all for your kind and never ending support. Today is a new day for us just as it is for us all. No matter how little or big the bumps in our lives are we must allow ourselves to fully feel. My heart aches a little less today because of you. So lift your head high, take in a deep cleansing breath and rejoice in being you! 

Fly away to your greatest good!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content