login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★how to let go

Hi all, I am new to this and trying hard to clear all the negative internal chatter in my head. I’m struggling with letting go of a past love – I need to let it go so I can allow my heart to love the one I’m with. Any help would be so appreciate. Many thanks, Catrina

Welcome Catrina! I am sure many people will have various pieces of experience/info that might assist in answering your question.

I will begin with a couple of tidbits..

• act as if…
    If you are speaking of verbal abuse, one day at a time create new memories with the person you now love.

If you are feeling unlovable the 1st place to begin when giving/caring/ loving another is by actively loving yourself.

When you wake up in the morning how do you speak to yourself? Get a handle on what it is you are saying so you can reframe/rephrase the way you want to feel..the way you want to the day to be.

If you need a lil’ help with the reframing..share what it is that you are trying to turn around 1st..for examples from the community (for great affirmations)

I am sure many will be be able to add to this..with their perspective/tips and tools(:
The best to you..(smiles)

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hello, are you trying to overcome a previous break up while simultaneously handling a new relationship? I am sorry, but I am not sure I understood you. It is never a good idea to get into a new relationship unless one is completely over the previous break up. Give yourself some time. Hang around with same sex friends. Spend time on community activities and hobbies. Time is a great healer and soon you will find yourself being able to give your heart to a new person.

thanks for the reply – the man I’m with now has such a beautiful soul and I love lots of things about him, but my heart still yearns for my ex. Would just like to be able to give my heart totally without my ex popping into my thoughts all the time – I am working on it

In response to Catrina’s post:
When you refer to negative internal chatter, would you mind being more specific?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Good morning Laurie (is morning in Australia anyway) – I suppose it’s not so much negative chatter, just a wandering of the mind to my ex. Feel like I’m cheating on my boyfriend when thoughts of my ex pop up all the time. They are lessening with time so I guess I’ll just suck it up and get on with living life to it’s fullest. I do have a fantastic life and have a lot to be grateful for.
Enjoy your day, Catrina

In response to Catrina’s post:

Have you ever heard the idea that when something says you can’t ..or don’t think of this or that..it makes it harder.

For example if you concentrate on not spilling water..you probably will spill it. Focus on whatever it is you want to focus on..and positively affirm that mindset. For example, more ad more I see the beauty and extraordinary qualities of my current boyfriend.

Just be you..go through the stages you’re in naturally. Do remember the grass is always greener..(your ex will always look better in this moment because he really isn’t in this moment anymore..)

We get selective thinking (see it the way we want..fantasy)..until we are ready to face the reality that truly exists..the one we are mindfully in.

What do you think?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I think you’re 100% right Laurie. Is so easy to remember the good and forget the bad. I will live in the moment and no longer dwell in the past because you’re correct – it IS the past.
Thanks so much Laurie, you have been a great help.
Catrina

Actually the past present and future are linked together”
The past is an excellent teacher’what did you learn from it?
have a great day”
urban yogi”

Rama Dass
Teacher of Power Meditation

Thanks Urban Yogi and Laurie….I have learned a lot from the past and am focusing on the present moment – my life is fantastic now and full of beautiful people including the both of you. Have a glorious day, Catrina

Living in the present will create the best past, a beautiful future

and an awesome daily life

→   I am rewiring my brain for the best.
  →   positive energy is everywhere
  →   I AM Filling my mind with pleasant, uplifting and empowering thoughts
  →   Co-creation in process. Fully connected.
  →   Even now, I send love and light to all.
  →   Even now, I Am free! I Am free of cares as I once referred to them.
  →   Even now, my feelings give me delight.
  →   Even now, I define ambition for myself by my own standards
  →   Even now I embrace simplicity, peace and love
  →   Even now, I am feeling more refreshed.
  →   Even now, I am free of cares as I once referred to them I thrive on the simple, authentic validation that can only come from myself...
  →   Even now, I can do whatever needs to be done with such a feeling of accomplishment!
  →   Wow! Even now my ability to arrange my time is more genius than ever before.
  →   Even now, I see the big picture and recognize I am right on course.
  →   Thank you eyes. My eyes make me happy and feel great. Thank you heart. My heart makes me happy and feel great. Thank you brain. My brain makes me happy and feel great.
  →   I am immune to stress
  →   I am simply creating a network of strong neuro-associations within my nervous system.
  →   I embrace the divine balance in my life.
  →   I love how my feelings are neuro-networks and assist in learning, enjoying and creating!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content