login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Higher Affirmations: The Heart Moment

Every single question I’ve ever asked, and no doubt, every single question I ever will ask, can be answered in the exact same way. The answer to every single question is to simply:

Be in the moment.

It seems that many members of bmindful have come to this exact same conclusion. Inevitably, the universe has brought us together so that we can support each other in our endeavor. Our endeavor to be in the moment.

But for such a simple concept, it’s frustratingly hard to practice. Why is that?

I’m currently reading Plant Spirit Healing1 where the author Pam Montgomery talks about new research which indicates that the heart is the primary organ of perception. The heart, NOT the brain.

See, to function properly, the brain needs TWO fixed reference points. The problem with this is that it creates dualities.

Time, as a concept, is proof of our preference for our connection to our BRAIN over our HEART. See, the brain with it’s two fixed reference points cannot fathom the concept of infinity. Therefor it cannot connect with the infinite moment that is the now.

And so we have the linear concept of time.

The thing is that we ARE capable of connecting with our hearts. In some way, we’ve all connected with someone special to us. This is the obvious analogy for a connection with the heart, but it goes deeper than the obvious. See; you cannot have a special moment with someone, unless you are in the moment.

But we don’t PRACTICE our connection with our hearts very often. This is obvious in the way we discriminate and carve up the world with our yes and no, our right and wrong, our black and white.

But in doing this, we’re limiting ourselves, restricting our options and often, hurting others.

See, when we say Yes, we assert ourselves. When we say No, we deny ourselves. To assert is to limit and to deny is to exclude. There is no freedom or unity in exclusion or in limitation2.

So how does this all fit together?

Connect with your heart, discriminate less and practice often.

Higher affirmations live in the spirit. And where is the spirit? Seek it in your everyday experience, and therein lies abundance of proof for all you need2.

1 Pam Montgomery, Plant Spirit Healing

2 D.T. Suzuki, An Introduction To Zen Buddhism

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Hi Lee,

Thank you for the wonderful service you provide with bmindful. I use it often.

I would like to share a link to one of my blogs, where I created a five part course for accessing the Heart. I call it the Heartcompass LifeNavigation System, and anyone can access it at http://heartcompass.blogspot.com

I also publish a newsletter called “Heartcompass Secrets” and it’s also free to subscribe at http://heartcompass-secrets.blogspot.com

I’m creating a new commercial website where I will be teaching metaphysics, and offering products and services that…you guessed it, help people connect with the Heart!

This is my life’s work, and I appreciate the opportunity to share this with your readers : )

Love&Gratitude,
Ilana
AMindWHeart

Ilana Moss,
Heartcompass Enterprises
The Foundation For A Mind With Heart
LifeNavigation iCourse, Heartcompass Secrets Newsletter
Messages From A Mind With Heart
and http:/www.metaphysics-for-life.com

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
Lee, do you feel one cannot be in the moment unless they have no thoughts which surround the moment?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post:
I was rock climbing the other day when my partner fell off the wall before he was properly clipped in.

In that instant, which seemed to last forever, I did not think, I just acted. I was more aware and more perceptive than I normally am and acted far more appropriately than I would have if I’d have had time to think.

But theoretically that instant COULD last forever, if I was practiced enough. I could be that perceptive, that alert, that aware, all the time. I just need more practice.

You’re not thinking about the moment, or any other moment, but your not not thinking about it either. You’re just doing whatever it is that you are doing, as you are doing it.

I have a LONG way to go (here’s some proof, lol) before I can merge moments like that into one, (ie, make the moment last forever) but that is the goal.

But then, the mere fact that I have that goal in the first place, puts ‘me’ outside of ‘myself’ and once again shows how far I have to go.

btw, just to clarify in case he reads this. My climbing partner didn’t fall off the wall, he actually stepped off it intentionally. He was MUCH higher than he thought he was, LOL! :)

In response to amindwheart’s post:
Thanks for your kind words!

Haha.

I have found that having ‘body awareness’ helps to live in the moment. Taking a few intentional deep breaths is a good way to turn off your mind. This helps me observe my own thoughts and emotions which renders a conscious state.

Whenever I find myself in useless thought I will take a breath and that will cover me for awhile. Also, try starting and ending your days with a meditative flood of consciousness throughout your body…that will train you to be able to ‘get in the zone’ more easily.

The mind is tricky and it is easy to get caught up in thought.

Thanks for you post Lee, it’s food for thought.

I think a lot. It was my discrimination that got me out of a very hairy situation… I think when life is going along swimmingly, then no judgement/duality would work.

Focus

In response to illusion555’s post:
i agree, i used to have a really bad back (still do to some extent but its a lot better) and i used to practice Alexander Technique (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexander_technique) to help it out, its all about Body Awareness, using your body in the way that its designed to be used, and being present.

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:

Lee was speaking about a moment that seemed to go on forever, no one ventured into the other side, when we want the moment to last forever.

You know the first kiss, the first time you see/hold a baby, standing on a bluff and looking at the sea, there are many of those moments in our lives that I for one want to hold on to and revisit often.

Blessings,
Bruce-
Each Day Is A New Gift From God!

I used to be terrified of going down some steps at the back of my Dad’s restaurant when I was a kid. I thought hands would grab my ankles as I went down. I used to think every moment could go on forever and I could get trapped in the terror. Forever. I started experiencing each of the steps as a longer bit of time, longer each time. I knew that I had to stop thinking about it or get to infinity, which was what I didn’t want!

Focus

Wow! This iz really interesting. I have had those moments where I want them to last forever and I've had those moments that seemed like they were going to last forever even though I didn't want them to and lucky they didn't. Those moments stick with you and I would love to go into moments like that voluntarily. Even with practicing body awareness I don't reach that state so I haven't any idea how to trigger it but that would be absolutely awesome to be able to do that at will.

There’s no such thing as fiction. Our experiences are constructed within our own imagination. What we believe iz possible iz what we’ll experience. The life we’re living now iz only imagined in some of the minds of other infinite parallel versions of you.

Learn How To
Create A Mind With Heart

Metaphysics For Life

Become A Skilled LifeNavigator Using Your Heartcompass 

Heart Compass PDF

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content