login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★The Love.Now Challenge

Growing up on 4 different continents, and seeing the reality that people from diverse walks of life live daily has deeply touched my heart. Whether it be the poorest slums in India, the forgotten villages in Africa. I have been touched by the rawness of life and what it means to be human. On the surface we may seem different but at the core we are all the same. We are ONE.

Everyone wants to be loved, and to love. It is the universal language. Each time I encounter another human being I am humbled and reminded of the vulnerability within us all. We are all such delicate and beautiful creatures, with the same hopes, fears, wants, concerns, and dreams.

The LOVE.NOW challenge is simple:

For a full 24 hours, I invite you to love fully. During this one day my invitation to you, is to feel and express the love in your heart, without holding back. Whether, as kindness to a loved one or stranger, whether it comes through your passionate love making with your beloved. Or communicating authentically with those in your life. At some point during the 24 hours, you commit to sharing with at least one person the words “I love you”, with total heartfelt sincerity.

Live these 24 hours like they were your last, so that by the end, there is nothing left ungiven. If at any moment you feel as though you have stopped loving fully, simply start the 24 hour challenge, again. Once you have completed a full 24 hours, then repeat the challenge, and so forth.

It is easy to love when you feel like it, or are in the mood. But what about when you are not? It is easy to love those that you like, but what about those that most challenge you, or don’t fit your taste? It is easy to love when you are getting what you want but what about when you aren’t? Or when you are in traffic, hungry, sick, broke, upset, in pain, or busy?

For a full 24 hours, see every moment, person, and situation as an opportunity to LOVE.NOW, and offer it as fully as possible.

When we stop resisting our hearts and let it flow, miracles happen. When we love fully, there is never any guarantee that we won’t get hurt at times, but it also hurts not to love. It hurts to hold back the love inside our hearts. Your heart might seem to break at times but it will heal. There is a high price to pay in living numb. And a great reward in living courageously.

So why not love now? Why do we wait until someone is dead then offer them our love and say nice things? This is why I say “LOVE.NOW”. Give flowers now. Give appreciation now. Give hugs now. Give smiles now. Give your heart now. Today is that special day.

It is time for a love revolution. It is time to be bold. I dare you to Love.Now.

-Write to me and share your “Love.Now Challenge” experience.

watch my new video Love.Now on youtube.com
http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=MaYh-KN94Ko

In response to KuteBlackson's post

will allow this in for my day today!

wonderful intention

great thread from 2009!

thank you KuteBlackson!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

kindness.jpg?w=768goodness.jpg?w=768kindness1.jpg?w=768

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare:PresentMomentPower˚'s post:

Too true!  "You never know  how soon, it will be too late!

Everyday, we are given every opportunity to put love and to put forgiveness first and fore most on our daily path.

It doesn't't mean that its easy...

And sometimes, the harder that it is, the greater is the consequence of our choice to take the high road, and live a life of good will and of compassion.

Ultimately, it matters not what our cultural beliefs, our values, nor our privilege. 

What matters is our good will, and our actions.  Our actions always speak louder our words.

This is an extraordinary time we are living in. I'm referencing the Coronavirus. It's a terrible time of epidemic/pandemic and deadly conditions. Everything is upending. This is an extraordinary time.

For those of you of faith, this is a time of truly relying on the foundation of that faith, that trust, that place of blind certainty, that no matter what, God's Will be done.

I love the 24 hour challenge. But, I do this everyday, and its actually who I am.

While I am aware of cultural competence, I am also equally aware of the greater experience of and the unity of our humanity, and of the service and the need of compassion. Nothing else matters. Nothing.

Compassion is not limited to cultural competence. 

Compassion is more limited by generosity. And, fear. People are very frightened. Scarcity. 

Like most people, I have done many things for many people.

For me, the question is one of virtue, not discretion.

Love.... It really is who we are!!

And, this extends to our planet, our environment, to all plants and to all animals. And, to the corporations who are destroying our environment and our ecosystem.

We are their shepherds. We are responsible for their well-being, as much as we are responsible for "being our brothers keepers."

Always, always have room for love, forgiveness and for miracles!!

And, I wish you All strength, incredible faith, incredible trust and incredible buoyancy to survive through this time, and through all times of great trepidation.

I cannot help but to believe we are meant to be here. Stay open to hope.

Nurture hope. Pray for one another!! Surround yourself, your family and others in loving prayers!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

I have a powerful quote that I would be honored to share, with All who would care to take it on:

"Would you trade your wounds for your brother?"

Would you???

And, if you knew the cost of greatness, would you allow anything to get in between you and your ability to discover your truth, your personal greatness??? 

This is the question, this is about merit.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

In response to Kathi's post:

I love the 24 hour challenge. But, I do this everyday, and its actually who I am.

I concur, it is truly part of my being too(:

Though, I must admit... I had a bit of a recurring struggle today.

When I lose communication with someone, not necessarily because of a relationship challenge... mostly because of distance in where we live...I have some fear in 'jumping back in' their life.

Then when much time goes by, and my 'upkeep' of the relationship has been less than regular, it is hard for me to touch base when something 'major' has occur ed.

Today I lose myself to gain perspective on what really matters.

Today I reach out to loved ones across the miles that have been affected by this pandemic in unthinkable ways. Today I forget my own grief to support and love others

be-fearlessly-authentic-quote-1.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Selfcare:PresentMomentPower˚'s post:

Thank you for your context, about identifying what truly matters. 

In response to Kathi's post: a thank you is  love in words.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Kathi's post: a thank you is  love in words.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

hqdefault.jpg

Image result for harold becker love quote pic

flowers-676463_960_720.jpg

73f6f18310438f8a57962a11ad6a9c51.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content