login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Self Love

We often speak of self love and loving our inner child and less often about self acceptance. Certainly, we all have “issues” with ourselves we want to improve but do we really look out for “no. 1”?
We strive to be more (________________)fill in the blank many times. I think if we raise our levels of respect for differences & uniqueness in ourselves first, all of our “worlds” would all benefit.
How can we be loving and fair to others if we don’t really look inside to see if we are shortchanging ourselves.
How can we not be worthy?
Isn’t self acceptance the path to bliss?
Take time to be grateful for who you are.

In response to jancydat’s post:
Wonderful thread and yes I totally agree – it really is the path to bliss.
Just being comfortable with yourself, in your own skin, for who you are, what you are and what you know makes for gratitude for all that is around you – both good and bad.
When you see, feel or experience something or someone negative, it just reinforces and allows you to be more grateful for what you have and who you are.

Self love isnt ego – its acceptance, gratitude, approval and satisfaction.

“I love and approve of myself as I am”

A full and thankful heart..

In response to anoushka’s post:
Love the comfortable in your own skin thought. We have no other skin..
We can progress..and sometimes part of our progressing is moving into territory that is not our best-place..

Bottom line, we must look and listen to the person we are..

If we ignore..or dislike who we are and cannot accept the person who is doing their best with “mistakes” and all ..where do we think we can go and accept a life that is comfortable and or pleasurable or ‘good’?

It is true many things feel lousy..though..WE ARE NEVER LOUSY!

Acceptance is the ticket to every real moment that we want the best from.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

If you can,t effect it or direct it,accept it. xstatic addict.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

If you don,t want to go without go within.

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

In response to jancydat’s post:

Self acceptance is one of the hardest things one can do if you haven’t had the support in the past. Yet so many have done it and are very very happy.
I like who I am most of the time but still have some issues. Mainly accepting poeple who are mean. It’s their life but I don’t like it when they hurt someone. At the same time I like defending others who cannot help themselves.

Dear Godscreation, it in your name:“Gods creation”.;D You are so right, self-acceptance can be terribly difficult. I like to remember when I’m “being gratefull” for things I include various talents and gifts which I feel I have been blessed with and I KNOW you have shared many of your blessings here with us.
There was a lot of negativity around the store today and I came home feeling down and tired. Tomorrow will be better and I will try to be compassionate and patient. Tomorrow will be better and I WILL be compassionate and patient. Tomorrow will be better as I am compassionate and patient….:)

great topic!

“we only fail when we give up trying “
love and peace Flowergirl

It is paramount you love yourself, idiosyncrasies, flaws and all.
It’s about respect, acceptance, gratitude and appreciation. Each one of has been bequeathed with wonderful gifts/talents, so let’s sparkle, shimmer and shine, there is no one else in the whole world like you, that in itself is absolutely divine.

reminded me of this quote on Self Love…. by Ernest Holmes

• You have got to have a great persistence with yourself. You have to set yourself on the path again and so get along with yourself better. And let yourself have a chance. Never condemn yourself. We have the power to forgive ourselves. So set yourself right and then you will find you are sailing along smoothly and you are almost there and, flop, down you go. And again you have got to do it. It doesn’t matter how much patience it takes; it is the only thing that will win out: perseverance and patience with yourself until you can see that each succeeding month your consciousness is learning.

Image result for want more play affirmation pics

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content