login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Vision Boards

If you are working toward a few specific goals, do you guys think it’s more effective to only have those goals on the vision board?

I currently have many goals on my board, but there are a few that are more important at this time and I just wanted to know if I should remove those that aren’t as important. My th0ought process ion doing this is that I will be placing more focus on these areas daily when viewing the board…Just a thought…Do you think it makes a difference?

Thanks,

Jennifer

I had to check in because I do LOVE my vision board. My board includes places I want to go, things I want to obtain and thoughts I want to remember with a spot where I put things I’m grateful for being blessed with. My vision has evolved over time— just as our lives change right?
This week I started collecting beautiful pictures of fruits, vegetables, nuts, granola, yogurt, vitamin labels, etc. This is going to make up a second vision board for health and fitness. I’m hoping these visual tweeks will aid me in resisting the comfort food I have grown so fond of lately and set me right nutritionally.;) Jan

Have a tall bulletin board in my bathroom…that I also use as a vision board…The more visibility of significant things the better.

here is an excerpt from link above

To add pictures you could simply go to Google Images and search for the pictures you want, or you could also use the pictures that come with the software packages, but they are normally more limiting.

I suggest that you create your Mind Map first, before you go to Google, as the Mind Map naturally lets your imagination thrive and you will have good Key Words for your search.

If you are going to do it by hand, I suggest you take a firm board that is larger than normal writing or typing paper and create a poster that could be hung on a wall or door.

‘Be’, ‘Do’, ‘Have’ – preparing to create your Vision Board

These three words are the keys to creating your vision board. Assume that money is no object and do a little dreaming.
Create a Mind Map with those three words as main branches. If you don’t know how to create a Mind Map, or don’t know what a Mind Map is, then read through some of the other articles on this site on how to Mind Map and also look at the article of learning to Mind Map by example.

On the ‘Be’ branch write down everything that you want to be in life
On the ‘Do’ branch write down everything that you would like to do, or experience
On the ‘Have’ branch, write down everything that you would like to have
I’ve added another branch to my Mind Map with my heroes and people I would like to meet.
Once you have done this, you can go about drawing your actual Mind Map Vision board.

Creating your Mind Map Vision Board

Using the outcomes from your ‘Be’, ‘Do’, ‘Have’ exercise above to categorize your aspirations.
From each category, write down the Key Words that describe those categories
Make each branch a different colour
Get pictures that support those Key Words and insert them on the branches
You now have a colorful, whole brain vision of what you would like to achieve in life.
Review regularly

It is recommended that you review your Mind Map vision board at least daily. It is actually better if you review it three times a day; in the morning when you get up, in the evening on going to bed and midday. In doing this, both your conscious and subconscious mind will be constantly focused on what you what to achieve.
Don’t worry about how you are going to achieve it. The ‘how’ will follow…

I’ll end with a quote by Napoleon Hill, the author of ‘Think and Grow Rich’: ‘Whatever the mind can conceive and believe, it can achieve’.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I heard about this from ‘‘The Secret’‘ I thought it was a pretty good idea, especially when you are feeling a little down it is nice to have a little reminder. I always use to write myself notes on a bright colored paper & put them on my closet, so when I awake it is the first thing I see. I haven’t done that in forever, I think it did help me when I was down, I think the same might be the same for a vision board. Good luck with it!

I just downloaded the o vision board and found it easy to use…. and am loving the way mine came out….I am a real visual person so it is really goona help me visualize what I am aiming for…. thanks everyone…

Hi! I use index cards the white ones and also the ones of bright colors.I also have a three ring binder that I put colorful pictures from magazines,affirmations,poems,and my thoughts.I also have many journals.I have been doing this for some time now. Enjoy! :)

I didn’t receive any error messages when I downloaded my Oprah desktop vision board. I love the board as I am able to view much more frequently than just having a real one.

I’m glad everyone is enjoying the board!

Best,

Jennifer

Hi Laurie,

Glad you downloaded the board and enjoy it. The one in your bathroom sounds fantastic:)

Jennifer

In response to Jennifer’s post:
Yes..It is behind the door..When I close the door..my mind on a board (in an order that helps me project my best intentions and my next few urgent and important tasks to get there(:

Thanks Jennifer(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I don’t remember getting any warning when I downloaded the o vision board…. I have put a lot on it, both images and text, some dreams, some goals… and I love the way it makse me feel when I look at it…. only thing is… I need a much BIGGER one….

loved reading all the comments…

Kathy

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content