login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Regrets...

Any regrets?

In response to cuqui’s post:
I dont regret things i have done as they all have lessons in them but i do regret not doingthings like spending more time with my mum ,making memory boxes /scrapbooks before she died so i could show her them .

I must say I don’t regret anything I have done, but I do regret all the things I have not done, all the things I did not try, all the places I did not go, all the things I put off for whatever reason, all because my whole life I have been too scared to put myself out there. It was always easier to do nothing at all, to be the watcher, to hide in my cave, to stay where it was safe. All my life I have felt kind of like an invisible person and this is something that I want to change here. I am so appreciative of finding this site

Regret is not a word or a thought I use. I honestly believe what I’ve done or haven’t done led me to all of where I am today. There is no guarantee if I had chosen to do a “better” thing to do at any time of my life, that I would have had good experiences.

I don’t want to relive the things that gave me my hindsight lessons.. lol(:
Though, I am proud of all of the wisdom I’ve gained.

I find joy in my ‘todays’. And if I have joy in today, then yesterday was in perfect order(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I love the phrase “Give up all hope of changing the past” (I think it was on Oprahs’ newsletter) I spent so much time dwelling in the past that I felt I had no future. Bemindful has helped me enjoy my present.;)

Lightenup63: I can see myself in that invisible role also. Now, later in life I am trying and succeeding to “cheer up”, “get up” and “speak up”. It’s not always easy but it’s a lot more fun. Have a wonderful day – on purpose! Jan

Do watch this old movie called “Mr Destiny” it does address the issue of regret at having failed to do something. The movie delivers the message that whatever happens happens for the best. Like Laurie said our present is the sum total of the things we did and the things we did not do. Unfortunately it takes time for this thought to travel from the head to the heart :)

In response to cleric’s post:

I agree with you, it does take time for this idea to make it to the heart. Though when it happens..joy to everything(:

I’ve seen some great movies that speak of this..one was The Jacket and the other was The Butterfly Effect.

I’ll check on the names to make sure they are correct.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to jancydat’s post:

I am so happy for you that you’re confidence in being you is at better place.

You certainly have wonderful insightful and witty things to say(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content