login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Paring down

A classic INTP, I’ve cluttered my life with too many interests and hobbies. Consequently, I’ve not been able to give quality time to any of them, so I’m not getting anything out of them. Recently however, I took the brave step to pare down and remove from my life, all of the the things I wish I could do, leaving in, the very few things I can do.

What a difference; I feel free, relaxed and seem to have all the time in the world to do what I can really do. I have taken this paring down attitude to everything else, including work and it really has changed my life. I feel richer by having less but that’s because I only have less of the things I didn’t need. Filling my time with the things I’m actually good at is a simple enough and logical concept but it shows how easily we can get caught up in things which are not.

It pays big dividends to keep a keen eye on what your energies are being spent on and making sure they are focused and aligned with your values and abilities. You must always ask yourself ‘why am I doing this’ and ‘who am I trying to please’; you’ll be amazed how many times you change your mind. Of course if you’re not an INTP, reading this may seem a waste of your time!!

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

I don’t want to know which letters describe me;) but, I am yearning to be free of my accumulated clutter. Having moved recently, I clearly see what my “collectible” shopping has created and am ready to simplify my life and get to what I really want to do and how I really want to live.
I have found a trash to treasures consignment place, there is Craigslist, Garage Sales are starting up and I might even ebay some off. I feel that I will be able to breath easier. I don’t expect to become rich from any of my “junque” but a little extra cash could not come at a better time. There seems to be a striving to have “enough time” for “other things”. Never enough time, which doesn’t make any sense. I have been emotionally and mentally scattered for a while now. While I think I’m doing well, I’m anxious to clear the apartment and mind and concentrate on my visions of higher creativity, travel pleasure and relaxation. What was right for me once, is not now and it will be a challenge but a rewarding one to accomplish.
Yeah! Clarity for Me! Jan

This is such the perfect time to pare down!! The changing of the seasons just makes for a great new beginning. I am in the process of downsizing again. I usually do this about 2 – 4 times a year. It is such a mental cleansing as well as a physical one. I swear the happy energy level in my house rises as does the calmness and serenity.

I don’t even look for money from my stuff anymore. Garage sales wear me thin in the nerves because my kids always come back through and “rescue” their precious (yet unused for months) items. I just donate to the first truck through my neighborhood (like disabled vets) or to the local abuse shelter. I like things out NOW! :)

Happy decluttering!!! Big Hugs!!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

You put a smile on my face Freerace. I feel the same way sometimes. I’m an ENTJ, so maybe it comes from the NT part. I think, more likely, that is a problem for many of the types, not just ours. I’ve done so much growing on the inside over the past few years I even wonder if I’m still “the fieldmarshall”. Keep up the good work.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

can one of you lovely folks give me a push to get started,i am a sentimental horder and realy need to decluter then i can spring clean .I know the books etc suggest one drawer at a time of 15 minuites a day or something similar but i realy need to get down to it I know i will feel fantastic when its done but getting going is so hard as i look around and think where do i start

Focus on doing just one drawer. Just one, once you start you’ll find it easy to keep going.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content