login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

The Corridor Principle

In response to db…‘s post:
thank you for these words that have given me a new look at certain things and people ,obstacles are signposts if we look with our hearts

All Along The Watchtower

Your post reflects much of what I’ve been working on right now in my own life. Great job DB. Meditating Mama sent me something the other day that comes to mind.

Get a piece of paper and draw a triangle. Like a pyramid. At the top write a goal. Now on one side of the triangle write out the things you are going to do to achieve your goal. On the other side of the triangle write a question mark.

What does this mean?

The side with the question mark represents what the universe is going to do to help you achieve your goal.

You don’t know what or how it is going to help you, but it is a simple fact that it will.

The more you do on your side of the triangle, the more the universe is going to do its part to get you to your goal.

The point is that without the help of the universe, or God, or whatever you want to call it you aren’t going to get there. That’s where listening to your true self and knowing your values will really help you. If you’re not living by your values or you don’t know what you want what is the Universe supposed to do?

Also, even if you do know your values and your goals, but you aren’t doing anything actively to get you there what do you expect to happen? You’ll be sitting still! The thing is you’ve got to work WITH the universe/God. You are a co-creator. It takes both sides to get you there.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Thanks db. The corridor theory helps in personal struggles to believe that there is a reason for everything. Just as the pain of childbirth ushers in the mothers ecstatic infatuation with the resulting infant. I feel pregnant with potential growth and accomplishment which may have been stifled in my previous complacent and lazy existence. Believing this, I gain an emotional and psychological boost, a feeling of gratitude and comfort borne of the knowledge I am not alone. Whoa:}

In response to jancydat’s post: its a fantastic feeling to realise you are not alone isnt it
In response to themadcookieman’s post:
thanks for helping me see this ; when i make a start on doing something help often comes from where you least expect it but when i dont start because of various obstacles ,nothing happens

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content