login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

โ˜…New Years Resolutions

Do you have any?

I am undecided about New Years Resolutions. On the one hand I can see the benefit of feeling like you have a clean slate, a ‘new year and new you’ mentality but on the other hand why wait to make changes?

A cliche example but one I hear about more and more from my colleagues at the moment is losing weight. A bunch of women have made a resolution to eat healthy in the new year. But in reality they have only justified their poor eating habits for the holiday period! It so backwards! If you are so set on making a change and have a burning desire to eat healthy why wait until Jan 1st. It’s probably easier and more effective to make that change NOW!

Do you make New Year affirmations or review them in some way?

Hi Mel; great topic!

I no longer use New Year’s resolutions… I agree with you that if we want to achieve something, there’s no time like the present to begin working towards that! I have so many things that I’m working towards… steady income (much of it passive), losing some weight, finding ways to deal with my perfectionism, loving myself more… I find that starting in the present moment, whatever that is, is far more productive than putting it off for any reason. :)

Kim

I have not thought about it!

This festive season has really crept up on me :)

Focus

I kind of agree with you Kim—though I do like using the New Year as a place to reevaluate and challenge myself to something that I have had on the back burner.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to laurie’s post: so like a ‘no excuses’ time??
that could work

Just bumping this thread, wondering what everyone’s new years resolutions are (if any!)

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

I sort of dont get into New Year resolutions really, I believe in making changes the minute anything needs arising in the present moment. My birthday is on New Years Day so I did one affirmation that stands out from the rest of my others and was to surrender and to be more open to what life has to show me. So far things have been going really well, I am happy.

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

i love new years, i always use it and my birthday as a benchmark to see how far i have come since the previous year…

my new years resolution:

- Going out with a beautiful, smart, funny, Brazilian girl
- Fluent in Portuguese by my birthday
- Finish the second draft of my book
- Save up enough money for my next overseas trip!

:)

I do have new year resolutions but I make sure it is something realistic and achievable. I have a list and I’ll be happy if I can at least cover 60% of it.

Last year… I achieve 100%. Amazing but I believe nothing is impossible if you focus very hard on it. Resolutions just give me something to look forward to.

Hi,

I’d like to greet you a Happy New Year! May the Lord shower you and your loved ones with abundant blessings this 2009.

In 2007, I wrote “A New Year Message of Love” on my blog but this time I created a short flash presentation about it that I’d like to share with you as my way of greeting. You may view the presentation here:

http://blogangmundo.com/lemurian/videos/a-new-year-message-of-love-2009.html

and the original message here:

http://blogangmundo.com/lemurian/religion/a-new-year-message-of-love.html

Please feel free to forward it to your friends.

Cheers,

Boogie

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
I never told you Happy Birthday! It was on New Years! Must’ve really been a celebration!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Hi well guy’s I’m sorry I like New Years Resolutions.
I think I have said before I have a book I write them out in
and every year I make 10 out. They are written in my book and
exchanged with a friend.
The following Year they are looked at achievements noted and things that haven’t quite been achieved are put back on and new resolutions added. We discuss all of them and knowing each other, helps.
Almost like a to do list.
It’s interesting to go back over the years and note what your character was back then, to try and understand the life cycle you were in and how
you made change.
Its a plan because its written, whatever new years resolutions are made
are at least a thought even only spoken the intention has been put out in the universe.
You’ve heard the quote:

โ€œWatch your thoughts, for they become words.
Watch your words, for they become actions.
Watch your actions, for they become habits.
Watch your habits, for they become character.
Watch your character, for it becomes your destiny.โ€

Change’s can be made anytime, New Years a great time to Review.

Laurie I love your quote.
โ€œWhen patterns are broken, new worlds emerge.โ€
โ€“ Tuli Kupferberg

I will check that site out when I get back.

Also Happy belated Birthday! Pure Essence.

Love Life
Sue

Oh KWL! Thankyou for birthday wishes Laurie and Sue!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

thread from 2008-2009.

Lets add on for 2019!CLs1gUEVAAAvTT6.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

1b1d7caf9d31a6478c8004d8239e0c5a--january-quotes-happy-new-years-eve.jpg

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content