login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Success Requires Discomfort.

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

I have had this gem of a saying on my computer desktop for probably about 3 years. I go to change it, but then I always leave it, because it’s just a great reminder that sometimes, we have to push ourselves to really get the best out of life.

My question is, how often do you push yourself out of your comfort zone?

What will you commit to doing in the next 7 days, that will push you outside your comfort zone?

“When you have the courage to step outside your comfort zone, life will never be the same again!”

1. Sending my son on his first unaccompanied plane trip. He’s 7. I think this is putting him out side his comfort zone too.

2. Going on an extended water fast.

I like that quote mufc :)

Focus

Awesome quote mufc!

I find I need to be pushed out of my comfort zone. Getting myself to do it is a bit harder.
When I was 17 however I left home and move 3 hours away to go to uni, which was a pretty big leap for me at the time. Lee pushes me now though which I always get cranky with him at the time but love him for it later :)

I regularly have to checkin myself to see if I am living in security or if I am living outside of my comfort zone. Some it get very hard but you when you check yourself you have to continue and you will reach your goals and dreams.

The mere thought of a deadline for something that will benefit me seems to really push me in a good way. I’ve been setting more deadlines; only I choose to call giving myself a time frame (or deadline) a lifeline(: instead.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I’ve been reading a lot about deadlines and productivity recently, it makes perfect sense to apply this same logic to personal development too! Great idea!

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

i used to be the most incredibly shy and antisocial guy who would play 10 hours of video games every day, then when i turned 19 i realised my life had to change so i booked a ticket to Cambodia for five weeks in South East Asia on my own! life has never been the same since and i’ve come to love challenging my comfort zone whenever possible

rock climbing and mountain climbing are great for this ;)

there’s is a quote that goes something like “your success in life depends on how many uncomfortable conversations you are willing to have”

Yes, I love this thread!!

Its interesting to me… I have recently been telling myself that “I’m only willing to be 93% happy”, and nothing less.
What exactly that means is, that I want it all, and I want it all working!

A great life, where everything works well: family, job, relationships, productive at work, creative in my personal life, healthy balance, healthy diversity and affinity for love’s greatest expression.
Willing to be cause in the matter of being unstoppable!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

The point, is being willing to confront areas in our life where we are not generating our selves or we are not fully self expressed: in significant relationships, with neighbors, with siblings, with family members, with people at work…

To me, the willingness to be uncomfortable, is like being willing to face our numerous fears… and replace the things we fear with new openness, confidence, vulernability.

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

I think that people with higher level of resilence are people who have developed the capacity and the freedom to explore, laugh, giggle, or confront issues, while successfully delivering communications responsibly, without regret or apology. Or doing a task that they do not want to do, but they do it with authenticity and with good will.

great thread!

the title of course caught my eye... because I see myself living a life of ease(: lol

Though the reality is -I have more ease because I have acceptance for creating from whatever is.

It seems to remove the belief that there is so much discomfort...It allows for more ease and I keep on going!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content