login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Gerry was here!

A long time family friend, Gerry, has passed on.
I feel diminished. He provided another dimension to our lives. He was a baby boomer like me. We both grew up in Chicago but never knew each other and there were no other commonalities then. He was well traveled, & he had truly been in the flower power, anti-establishment experience. I was the “pep club, good, quiet” kid with no clue and I loved hearing his tales of those days.
We had just seen him at Thanksgiving and shall now have to drink a toast to him at Christmas. He had some challenges here on earth and I do hope that now he finds more peace.
I would not feel diminished now if his path had not crossed ours.
Whatever we gain or attain in our lives is as transcient as a beautiful sunset.
I shall try to be more appreciative and to listen closer now. Love, Jan

Lovely sentiments, and so true.

Thanks for sharing this idea so well. I will add it to my thoughts/heart today.

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

In response to jancydat’s post:

Jancydat how beautifully you express yourself. People come into our lives and leave beauty and some sadness. When we have a friend like “Gerry” who has enriched our lives because of his passions how could one not miss him.

He surely left a legacy with you and all who came in contact with him. A toast! What a wonderful idea. There are a few I think I will give a toast to. And to you for gving this loving thought.

Be sure that Gerry will be there in spirit happily raising a toast with you too.

Blessings and happiness,
Mary

In response to jancydat’s post:
“Whatever we gain or attain in our lives is as transcient as a beautiful sunset.”

So very true, and so very well articulated.

In response to Godscreation’s post:
“He surely left a legacy with you and all who came in contact with him.”

There is a story about Tung-shan (the founder of the Ts’ao-tung/Soto sect of Ch’an/Zen Buddhism) and Yun-yen, his master.

After many years of studying with Yun-Yen, Tung-shan decided to leave and go out on his own. As Tung-Shan was preparing to leave, old Yun-yen said “If you leave, it will be difficult to see one another again.” Tung-Shan turned around and replied: “It will be difficult to not see one another.”

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
What a comforting thought..“It will difficult to not see one another.”

I AM THE automatic
reset for knowing
exactly where to
begin & follow thru
to accomplish everything
I need to accomplish.
Thank you.

Dear Mary, Lee and Laurie, Thanks so much for your kindness and comforting thoughts. The lessons keep coming – ready or not. Jan

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content