login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★My One Dollar Personal Development Tool

I bought a little dry-erase board at the Dollar Tree for one dollar.
I put it up in my bathroom.
I wrote on it,
“I choose to do the things that I know will improve my life.”
Then I wrote,
Affirmations, Keeping A Journal, The Bathroom Mirror, 80/20, Partnership, Vision Board.

It reminds me of what I want to work more on, and I can always change it whenever I want. Awesome!!!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You’re right that is awesome!!! It’s great to be able to constantly change what you need to see effortlessly. You did good, Jeff(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Before too long, when I get a little more mental work done, I’m gonna add exercise!!!

Oh, and by the by, I didn’t mention this. I have been looking for one of these for a while. I have actually gone to the store a couple of times to get one, but they were always more than I wanted to spend at the time. I knew if I waited I would eventually find one I liked at a price I liked. Seems a little silly, I know, acting cheap for such a great tool, but anyway, this one is perfect. It’s kinda small and it even has a little cork board strip along the bottom so I can use it for little notes if I want to add them with a tac.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Also, here is something FREE and enjoyable that I’ll bet not nearly enough are taking advantage of. Pandora! I love it when I remember to connect to pandora and have music I like playing when I’m piddling around on the computer. If you haven’t tried it, you should.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

And speaking of music, I sure do wish I had a record player! I have all these great albums I haven’t heard in years ‘cause I don’t have a record player anymore. I think I’ll add that to my vision board. Man, I used to have such a huge record and cd and tape collection. And ya know, it seems like your favorite albums are always the ones that you lose. I can’t tell you how many great albums I’ve given to now ex-girlfriends. And how about just loaning them to friends, sheesh! I think there is a sort of tactile pleasure in getting out an album, putting it on the turntable and laying the needle on there. It’s something the youngsters probably can’t relate to, but I sure miss that. Even with the occasional pop.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
I enjoyed the ol’ vinyl tunes(: I remember putting the needle w/such precision, right on the beginning of the song I wanted to hear(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

wow what a great idea themadcookieman and I actually have one and didn’t know what to do with it. You just made me smile.

1.themadcookieman made me smile!

Peace,
Mary

Awesome MCM! You got it going on for you too! Bargin hunting I do like, there is so much you can buy for $2 over here! Ya for the asian shops :-)

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

I bought some white-board markers just to write on my mirrors at home. It’s fun – I write things like “Today is a fantastic day” etc. The best part is my daughter then picks up the pen & writes things like “I love Mum” etc so I get these little surprises as well. I need more pens, my kids get hold of them and they get lost in their room never to be seen again, and they leave the lids off!

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

I like dry erase boards too(: Awhile back bought a lot at a good price. I need various lists in front of my face;it’s that age thing (:

I also like trifold display boards as vision boards and removable double stick tape to change my board whenever I want.

I really like some little easily created flashcards that I make on the computer. I use them everywhere because they are so bold and easy to print. [fixed link]

I do different vision boards around my place and close them up when I want them out of the way (since they fold up)

I keep one in the kitchen for healthy ideas. I keep one in my office area re:money (roof over head, current job, and career aspirations and of course my lottery wins). I also use them for in-the moment tasks that I have trouble pushing myself to complete. You can use them for anything you have to do, want to do, or just enjoy looking at for aesthetic appeal.
Love visuals!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to Vivi is focused’s post:

Hey that is a great idea Viv, you are a bright spark! That is what I will do in my car, write with a whiteboard marker in a special area on my drivers side window! :-). I had thoughts of sticking post it notes on them thou gave up on the idea cause the car would look slightly silly lol

Thankyou for sharing!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

In response to Pure Essence’s post:
No multi-tasking when driving please!
Stick to the mirrors at home, it’s a lot safer :)
And if you’re feeling funny you could even draw on a new hairstyle or a beard… But seriously, it’s fun writing on mirrors or glass (you sort of feel naughty like you shouldn’t) write whatever you want to feel, good things.

“Even if you’re on the right track – you’ll get run over if you just sit there” Will Rogers

Vivi, What are white board markers?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Probably like what you call dry erase? You know, the white-boards (that’s what we call ‘em) and of course you write on them with markers but must not be permanent markers, so we call them white-board markers to differentiate. Does that make sense? (I love different words we use compared with US).

What is niggle?

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

lol multi tasking, I will only be doing it when Im parked up

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content