login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Suggestions For A Heavenly Bedroom

I really need to update my bedroom I would like to start by using feng shui decorations for the happiness of my body, mind and soul. Does anyone have any suggestions?

My bedroom is rectangular all white with wood colored trimmings. It is very boring and I do not sleep to good in it. Any suggestions?

What are your favorite colors? I keep thinking about repainting my own bedroom! How about a comfy chair with a good light for reading and a nice ottoman? And some blackout curtains so you can take great naps or just meditate.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

How do you want your bedroom to feel?Do you want pastel clours to make it feel calm or warm colours to make it cosy ?

Is your bedroom just for sleeping or do you do any hobbies in there – writting,drawing,crafts,reading ,spiritual times?

Can you imagine how your perfect room would be and work from that .Are there any Feng Shui ideas you can add to your room .Would you like pictures/posters on your walls .

My bedroom is painted a pale pinky lilac and feels very calm ( apart from the clutter which is a work in progress) .

I have white curtains with pink rosebuds ,there are angel and fairy windchimes on the curtain rail,pink lampshade with a crystal angel and a heart hanging from it .

My bedcover is a patchwork throw in pastel colours including tiny flowers and there are teddies on the bed ,soft fluffy cushions to pile up with the pillows for reading ,and a pink fluffy throw for extra warmth.I have a canopy to put up and little lantern lights to go over it,love the idea of being inside a tent like space

The furniture is all preloved and is pine ,I love the country cottage look and feel .

On one wall I have pc on a desk and bookshelves ,it is a fun and spiritual area with teddy bears ,little affirmations,candles ,crystals,reiki/relaxation/meditation cd’s
This poster is going up on one of the walls
Moonlight

I love my bedroom and spend lots of time in there ,it has such a calming feeling .It wasn’t planned but has just evoloved from a country style bedroom into a sanctuary for my soul.

In response to flowergirl’s post:
In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

Exactly smartroutines and flowergirl. I would like to feel at peace and comfortable in my room. I mainly just sleep there. I really love pastel colors and am looking for a beautiful poster of a fairy on it. Maybe a lamp that lights up my room with stars and a moon on the ceiling. I’ll keep on trying thank you both for such great ideas.

You know what would be really neat, GC? You could get a free program like Inkscape, watch a couple of tutorials on how to use it and you could create your own artwork of fairies. You could take them to walmart or something and print them out in color and frame a little grouping of them. I’ll bet Harley Duck could make you some real fast or you could just download some free images from the net and print those out. I have some glow in the dark stars on my bedroom ceiling, but I also bought a small can of phosphorescent paint and painted little dots all over my ceiling. You can barely see them during the day, but at night they really show up – short of a faint green color. Crazy, huh? Sounds kinda girly I know, but I don’t care. I like it.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Hi GC, I have crystals on my window sill, along with my favourite affirmation which I’ve painted on a special rock I found in Ireland, and varnished. I also have a small picture of Lord Ganesha,a cross and a pic of hubby and me; and some pretty containers (one is made from rose quartz – I got it in a charity shop) with jewelry.
So my window sill is almost like a mini altar.

It’s very peaceful. And I have made in wood, the Chinese kanjis (letter pictures) for love and for happiness decorating one of the walls.

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

In response to PositivelyStefania’s post:
In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:

I love these ideas Positively and Smartroutines. I was watching an old time movie about a man who made puppets and the backround was beautiful. It had a draped background with a purple curtain and the edges were gold it was so beautiful and dreamy.

I also thought after reading’s PositivelyStefanias idea and using round crystals to hang on the windows so when the sun shine though it will leave colorful streaks from the sun on my walls. Its a good idea Smartroutines to plan out the whole thing. I let you know how its going.

I found this poster on amazon.com and loved it tell me what you all think.

Fairies

love your poster ,i really hope you treated yourself .

I just found this little video and thought about you

Denise Linn

In response to flowergirl’s post:

Thank you for the video it is really informative and the bedroom is very serene and cozy. I really like the poster I bought for the bedroom it is very beautiful. It is true that at times I have trouble sleeping so I take an L-Theanine capsule, it is natural derivative of green tea and it really works too!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content