login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★☼Suggest a Thread-List (Brainstorming)

this thread is from 2012...

loved it then

love to bring it current

• Group Brainstorming Part of article from Mind Tools
    When it works, group brainstorming can be very effective for bringing the full experience and creativity of all members of the group to bear on an issue. When individual group members get stuck with an idea, another member’s creativity and experience can take the idea to the next stage. Group brainstorming can therefore develop ideas in more depth than individual brainstorming.
  • _________________________________________
    I’d love to see more contributions on the threads.

Let’s use this area make a list to get your thoughts about thread-topics…

• ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

***Bmindful Trivia*** (:
***~[bmindful began in 2005]~***
Community was once only a ***handful*** of joyous people…and/or simply becoming more joyous every day(: The focus was primarily on affirmations…and Lee decided (with the community) ….since the community received so much from sharing…the shift for Bmindful was to include more of an emphasis on forum-threads(:

Here is a review written in November 2005 before site moved here and was mostly an affirmation site.
Bmindful or not was the title of the review(:

November 28, 2005 11:28 AM | Spiritual |
The website is called bmindful and its purpose is to make you more positive about life.

Based on the proven concept of affirmations, the site’s purpose is fairly straight-forward. “…you are repeatedly telling yourself that you would like to feel or act a particular way or take on a certain character trait. This repetition subtly reminds you of this and you take steps in that direction. At first these steps are conscious however with time they become unconscious, hence affirmations are a way of reprogramming the unconscious mind.”

The creator Lee Nutter has done an amazing job in making this happen. I can recommend this website very highly to ***just about everyone*** . Your only prerequisite is that you ‘really’ want to become a more positive person in life.

This is just what I needed, and I believe it is already working positively on me right this instant.

Alright then, here’s my affirmation for the day: “Life is (much) better than it appears at first glance.”

Good enough.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

We could share what technology we are using and how we use it. I’m playing around with “Evernote”. Anyone else?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
The piece of technology I tend to use the most is an animation programme called ToonBoom. It’s a great software which allows you to create 2D animation which can be mixed with 3D. It’s also a software used in many film studios so it’s nice that I get a good taste of what the professionals use. Aside from that, I actually know very little about the latest technology (phones, tv’s etc)

Harley, I have some animation software too, I may even have that one. I haven’t played around with them much, but it is fascinating stuff. AND it looks like a lot of fun, but would require a lot of patience to use it well. I’m sure I have one called Pencil Sketch. Anyway, since I mentioned Evernote, which I don’t know how to use very well yet I wanted to mention Stickies. Evernote and Stickies are both programs that can be used to help us be more productive. Stickies could be used to create color coded reminders you could put right on your desktop and Stickies can do a lot of other neat stuff too. I haven’t ever used my desktop to it’s best advantage, but I’m trying to come up with ways to make it more of a practical tool for me. One thing I’m thinking of today is to create an image I can use for my desktop background that would look kind of like an office wall with a section for a “bulletin board”, and maybe some custom icons that would look and work like a file cabinet. Maybe make an cartoon computer that I could click on to launch my browser. Maybe a book lying on a shelf that said “Family Photos” or something. AND now that think of that it occurs to me that YOU are very creative in that area. Maybe YOU could make some wallpapers like that that would be for various standard screen sized. Mine happens to be 1440 × 900, wink, wink…

Oh yeah, there’d be a clock on the wall and a place for a “poster” of something inspirational… nudge, nudge, does she go…

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

I think a really neat thread would be where Harley talked about his animation/art stuff.

I’d like to know more about a LOT of our regular members. Talk about neat threads. That stuff can be done anonymously.

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Heya, thanks for the recommendation. I’m planning to build a portfolio website towards the end of my second uni year, I finish in March. When I do make it, you’re all welcome to have a look :) I’ve got a lot of sketched works I’ve done and even looking through them, I find it hard to say where it is exactly that my main focus lies as I love different types of art and try to incorporate influences into my own work. Writing an artist statement at this moment in time would be very hard for me to do :) I think my main focus at the minute is life and human figure drawing, which luckily is both essential to my art and animation Does anyone here have any favourite artists?

I have LOTS of favorites! I even like Kandinsky. Anyone can do a Kandinsky, lol! Get a Kanvas, and a Kan o’ paint! You Kan do it!

I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Although I have always liked pictures of animals,cottages,countryside I never really thought about art until Harley got me interested .

Here are a few artists I really like

Neil Geddes-Ward

Sarah Vivian

Joyce Gibson

Laura Iverson

pagan and proud art

How about a thread where we ask for help with anything – ideas,motivation,suggestions,ways to help others

In response to mara’s post:
I agree with you about it being a bit disturbing – the gothic stuff ,I’m not keen on it personally

I love the pagan and goddess art for it’s gentleness and the love of nature that is in it

SAFETY AND SECURITY THROUGH GOD’S LAW.
This topic is important to me giving the level threat or the fear of it that is widespread all over the world now. Listen to the News and all you here is danger, catastrophe and what have you. Everyone need to feel secured in all aspect of his or her experience be it in the day today living,financial experience, safety against unforeseen problems even catastrophe, safety for your well being as well as that of your family members and beyond. Security may mean different things to different people but everyone needs it and should experience it.

GOD IS GOOD ALONE

How about a thread on our 2013 visions for ourselves, or vision boards that we may be working on. We could support each other’s efforts on that area, with suggestions, encouragement etc.

I love using technology in support of goals, work etc. one really cool app from iTunes is “My Wonderful Wishes”. You make a list of things that you want to see in your life, and you can add a photo for each one. The you click on the gold coin which is like adding a coin to the wishing well. It gives us repetition to visit the app daily, or as much as we can and click on the coins. Repetition of a goal keeps it uppermost in our minds and encourages us to do something about it – making it come true, I think.

BY the way, here’s another vote for making animations! I have some software but it’s a little difficult so I’m using the GoAnimate site to make vids for the time being.

Peace! :D

Positive Affirmations and Audio Stories

Affirmations,Audio Stories and handcrafted Inspirational Gifts

“It’s not who you are that holds you back, it’s who think you’re not.”

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content