login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Travelling within

Hello Everyone,

At times I wonder about our Journey through Life..The various phases of life. The joys and disappointments. The bright and dark shades of human interaction. How intense we all are about ourselves?
Thoughts run wild in my mind. They create havoc at times. I am totally amazed by it all…. the very essence of life and how the meaning changes drastically when we consciously become aware of ourselves and start acknowledging ourselves for a change.
Actually we are so busy leading life, that we forget to connect to our inner core. We become the victim of circumstances and start ignoring the inner voice.
I would love to get a feedback from all my dear co travellers….
how many of us have travelled within?
Think on it and share your views….

First & foremost…mokshtansdip…I’d also like to welcome you to bmindful and to thank you for the thread…Here’s a sample of things I’ve enjoyed. Btw…one of my favorite subjects (: connecting to inner core. A couple of articles below by one of my favorite mentors for women- Jennifer Louden. I always mention, while I know women are her specialty, I am sure her ideas will resonate with many men too. Also free e course on self trust, free journal and audio on minimal daily requirements, etc (2) Mental-Emotional Diet (Asset/Deficit Balance Sheet available in various HeartMath materials..by Doc Childre and Howard Martin, with Donna Beech)(3)Meditation (4)Videos Obviously, not ‘everything’ will be for ‘everyone’ …though maybe something will resonate with yourself and others who stop by (:

By Jennifer Louden Greatest fear dissolver : I never thought of myself as a fearful person — just the opposite, in fact. I was pretty fearless! After a few years of suffering, I realized that what had been shoving me into a smaller, narrower, far less rewarding life for years was actually fear. And I didn’t even know it. Anxiety, feelings of being overwhelmed, and even procrastination and self‐pity are often symptoms of fearfulness — fear of being fully alive, fear of death, fear of meaninglessness, fear of growing old. Once I saw the insidious ways that fear was ruling me, I began to learn about everything I could possibly do to dissolve it. I’m going to share one idea, an idea so small that it’s easy to overlook, yet can open the way to a far more courageous, alive life.
To thrive in the face of fear, uncertainty and even deep grief, you first need to acknowledge that you don’t want to do anything to make yourself feel better.

“What?! I don’t want to feel like my head is going to pop off. I want to feel good.”

The truth is, most of you wants to feel better. But parts of you don’t. Like all of us, you contain a multitude of selves, and some of those selves hate change, even if it’s shifting from “My head is going to pop off” to “I can handle what life brings my way. ” These aspects must be acknowledged or they can keep you stuck — for years.

“I don’t feel like doing anything” — and that’s OK

Have you ever seen a tired, fearful child trying to get her parent’s attention? Mom keeps putting off the child, and the child’s behavior keeps escalating until she gets undivided attention. Once the parent gives the child loving attention, the child, in most cases, calms down.

Parts of you and me are like that child. Before you can deal with your fear, before you can take action to create a life you love, you must acknowledge the resistance, the whiny voice that says, “I don’t want to do anything! I just want this all to go away!”

By simply acknowledging — without judgment — that you don’t want to do anything (even fun things like taking a bath or going to yoga), you extend mercy and compassion to yourself. In doing so, you calm the parts of you that are freaking out. You stop the inner rebellion that typically results in you not doing anything (that’s how procrastination starts) or nurturing yourself in ways that don’t truly nourish you, like watching hours of TV or eating a pint of ice cream.

Love = acknowledgment

This doesn’t mean you let yourself be ruled by the parts of you that don’t want to do anything to feel better. The parent does not give the child whatever she wants — even if the child is throwing a tantrum in the grocery store. Loving acknowledgment actually restores the wise you to the center of your life, freeing you to choose what you want to do and opening up to life instead of shutting yourself down.

So, when you’re feeling squirrelly, whiny or stuck, take yourself by the hand and say something like, “I don’t feel like doing anything, but I can acknowledge how I feel without being impressed by it. I can accept that I am feeling this way, even if only for a blink of an eye. And when this part of myself feels heard, I can ask, &;squo;What is one thing I can do to be kind to myself right now?’” Love, which is what acknowledgment really amounts to, is truly the great fear dissolver.

Acknowledge your resistance and watch yourself bloom
With Competency, she asks you to review if you are able to comply with your intentions.
With Conditions of Satisfaction, she asks you to ask yourself find a way to know if you did what you said you were going to do.
And with Completion, you ask you to to follow up on yourself to see if you keep your promises. For myself, I write about my follow-thru, to discover why or why not, without harsh criticism.
Life Organizer by Jennifer Louden -great free gifts
Without self-trust, you forget what you can do and who you can be.
Without self-trust, fear has a wide-open route to your mind and your future.
Without self-trust, you believe the snide whispers of perfectionism and get stuck.
Without self-trust, you dare not face your actual missteps, and lose the best opportunities to learn — and thus to develop more self-trust.
Without self-trust, its hard to take action. Action (not planning) is how you get what you want.
Each day, ask, “Are my energy expenditures – actions, reactions, thoughts and feelings – productive or nonproductive?
During the course of my day, have I accumulated more stress or more peace?
Keeping an asset/deficit balance sheet even for a few days will give you an extremely clear picture of where and how you’re adding to your energy account and where and how you’re overdrawing it.
When we consciously evoke core heart feelings, we nourish our bodies at every level. Like quantum nutrients, core heart feelings keep our cells regenerating.
You and Your Energy: Key Points/Adapted from the Asset/Deficit Balance Sheet available in various HeartMath materials, including the book The HeartMath Solution, by Doc Childre and Howard Martin, with Donna Beech

A Guided Meditation -I Am Enough (several on page…look for 1 entitled I Am Enough)

Remember Yourself Remember Freedom a Guy Finley video

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Good reading! A couple of things come to my mind. One is ‘stillness’ and the other is “self-deception”. Stillness, because it is when we are still that we can actually hear that inner voice. And “self-deception” because we can tell ourselves things that we know deep down aren’t true, and yet accept them as if they were true. For me, what you wrote and quoted brought the word ‘fearless’ to mind. I often think of myself as someone who lives without fear, but the truth is I just don’t look at or examine my fears, at least not very often. What is that thing about the unexamined life? It’s easy to say “I’m not afraid of spiders” when you don’t see any spiders, it’s when you see them that the fear sets in. Complacency, comfort, ease, all come to mind as well. And stagnation.

Thanks for the wonderful thread!

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

“In response to Smart_Routines_With_Enthusiasm’s post:
Thank you for responding to my post. I’d like to address 1 of your truly
insightful observations …on self deception. When you hear of people
discussing having ‘done the work’…generally they’ve responded to
questions before …of who they are…where they’ve been…and personal
direction. I won’t get into this…because for each individual…“doing the work” will vary. /I believe it is easier to be still, when you have basic comfort in recognizing what is important to you and why. It is also easier to recognize when things are occurring due to unrealistic
expectations…and neglect.Though, you are right…being still does allow for that Higher Place…to be heard. I do believe each of us has to decide what type of work that is a fit for them. Then the wonderful reinforcement you find all over the place…is just that wonderful reinforcement. Yes, what I said sounds circular…because there is no how-to that fits everyone(:

I deleted this, and just put it back…I wasn’t sure it came across as I intended.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

I deleted this, and just put it back…I wasn’t sure it came across as I intended.

I think it came across fine. You’re saying there are some parts of us we can change but you can’t force a square peg…

I think it was fine too… I know what you mean though. Sometimes we write stuff and it just feels like we didn’t say it the best way we could. I don’t think anyone who’se been around bmindful for very long would question your intentions, mine maybe, but not yours, lol.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

You cannot have exterior development without interior development to hold it in place ~ Ken Wilber

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

Self-observation brings man to the realization of the neccessity of self-change. And in observing himself a man notices that self-observation itself brings about certain changes in his inner proccesses. He begins to understand that self observation is an instrument of self-change, a means of awakening ~ G I Gurdjieff

Anything that anyone gives attention to, becomes true

40952096_2154022161508012_7671508827056898048_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_oc=AQmXpH0ssLSb7yEW66US3TQOjaZ7Hc1elIy6pT-WTLTxDikVpHgKCme9Y3viwXrqCZU&_nc_ht=scontent-mia3-1.xx&oh=09af00fcf528aebe4fe12ee2943f54d3&oe=5E575FCC

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

https://youtu.be/uhEFE57plE8

Once you get to know Twain, you’ll never be the same.

Thread title brings back memories of a Ricky Nelson tune.

https://youtu.be/hKqjSiM38uM

Now I simply would be advised to listen to this as instructed, a little discipline

is all that is required. I'm quite sure it will improve anyone's life who can summoned

the discipline to try it for a few weeks.

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content