login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Happiness/Joy -13 Principles of Happiness

related threads:
creating happiness

1. Become Positively Self-ish
When you take care of yourself first, you build a foundation for stronger relationships with others, increase your capacity, and reduce doubt.

2. Live Your Values
Clearly identify and proclaim your personal values through the way you live and work. You are more likely to spot opportunities when you know what they look like.
My thoughts
2. Live Your Values
Most definitely! I believe the more aware of this for yourself…no one can confuse you …with who you are, what you are doing….and where you are. You may stop to reevaluate…*but lost you won’t be*(:

3. Live for Life, not Stuff
Let go of possessions, roles, lifestyles that others and a marketing-hyped society impose on you; focus instead on what truly brings you Joy.
My thoughts
3. Live for Life, not Stuff
I’m a firm believer on not living your role. We are more than any role that live…We are more than our job title…more than our role to another (friend, spouse, parent, student, sibling etc)

My thoughts

4. Be Early
This is a great one: “Whether it is project deadlines, appointments, or learning opportunities, get there before you are expected, and watch your stress load decrease exponentially”. *Sounds like a great goal to remember*(:

5. Build Reserves
Identify what worries you, and work to create extra in your life, whether that is money, personal space, or extra toilet paper in the cabinet.
My thoughts
5. Build Reserves
The other day I made a wheel with freedom in the center
…and all things that add to my idea of freedom. How freeing(:
“Identify what worries you, and work to create extra in your life, whether that is money, personal space, or extra toilet paper in the cabinet”
6. Tolerate Nothing
“Continually identify and eliminate all the little “stuff” which causes you friction and drains your energy” another great one!

This tolerate nothing at a glance..means different things to everyone…for some it means the need to react…
for me…it is more of a reason not to…If we respond to everything we don’t tolerate..we give people, places and things more power than they deserve..To not tolerate can mean….‘next’ like you are shopping…and haven’t found what you want/need…..not a place to put your time(:

Though giving time to something we don’t tolerate…doesn’t mean we ‘tolerate it’..means simply we’ve chosen aspects to respond to. Don’t complicate figuring out where you put your energies…unless it goes against your values…Don’t over-think anything unless…something truly needs your attention. You will know(: __________________________________________________________________________ 7. Choose to Respond What happens is going to happen, regardless. Accept constant, discontinuous change as reality and instead of reacting, respond with curiosity. My Thoughts: 7. Choose to Respond absolutely! The more we realize it is always a choice…the more we can put our energies where we want to(: ________________________________________________________________________ 8. Stimulate Your Development Surround yourself with environments and people that continually challenge you, energize you, and literally pull you forward. Have adventures. My Thoughts: 8. Stimulate Your Development Life is one big vision board…make your surroundings work for you…Can’t do it overnight..but do it(: ________________________________________________________________________ 9. Pay Attention When we are on auto-pilot, life just happens around us. Look. Listen. Notice. The sunset in your own backyard can be just as wondrous as the one at the beach.. My Thoughts: 9. Pay Attention Pay attention..and pay attention what you are paying attention to. I believe many believe…if it exists …they must ‘be aware’ …Select where you are mindful. You can only be in A or B at any given time. You cannot be all over the place. Though recognize, where you are not…you cannot be aware(: Though you can still have wonderful thoughts and beliefs on anything you have made a conscious decision not to engage in…that may serve you and others…well enough(: _________________________________________________________________________ 10. Simplify Automate, delegate, or eliminate tasks or goals that complicate your life. Being content with simpler pleasures increases your opportunity for awe. My thoughts 10. Simplify This is an area I give energy to daily..Thank you God(: _______________________________________________________________________ 11. Speak the Truth Stop playing games. Recognize that though the truth may sometimes sting, it is the starting place for all progress. Challenge others to speak the truth. My Thoughts: 11. Speak the Truth I strongly agree with this…though not comfortable with the wording of challenging others. If my truth stimulates others to speak theirs…then hallelujah! (smiles) I don’t believe I am in this world to fix others. By being myself…if others find their voice…I am grateful. By supporting another …if someone finds their truth…I am grateful. My way might not be your way…so my truth may not be an inspiration for others…except to find what is right for them…their way. And that part would bring me great joy! _________________________________________________________________________ 12. Focus on Today Waiting for something to happen “tomorrow” in order for you to be happy is like watching yourself in the mirror and saying “You go first.” My thoughts 12. Focus on Today Not waiting for something to happen to make you happy is imperative. I often ask people how they are…and they say..ok for now(: And I usually respond…“Now…is all we have” ( _________________________________________________________________________

13. Be Authentic
Be yourself, not somebody else. When the Real You shows up, connections are easy.

“Happiness is a decision anyone can make”
My Thoughts:
13. Be Authentic
“Be yourself, not somebody else” Traits of others may be inviting…try the trait on from your heart!…and claim it..and be yourself always(:
And lastly..“Happiness is a decision anyone can make” I do believe this one…and I support anyone who has made this decision…as long as they are not purposely doing it at the expense of others.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

1. Become Positively Self-ish
When you take care of yourself first, you build a foundation for stronger relationships with others, increase your capacity, and reduce doubt.

Yes, yes, yes yes yes!If you do not take care of yourself, you cannot take care of others, have or build stronger relationships and just be content and happy.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

7. Choose to Respond
What happens is going to happen, regardless. Accept constant, discontinuous change as reality and instead of reacting, respond with curiosity.

Change happens! Instead of reacting, choose your response with both curiosity and all available wisdom.

Words are like seeds. When you write them out, they grow into your dreams and spark the imagination of others.

GEEZ RRFS SOUNNDS LIKE YOU HAD ATRIPLE LATTE…. SOMETIMES THOUGHTS FOR ME ARE HARD TO ARTICULATE,AT THIS POINT IN LIFE…..I THINK MY BASIC MOTTO IS PRETEND WE ARE HERE FOR A LIMITED TIME,SO LET,S THRIVE AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE. WITHIN THE PERAMETERS OF NOT INTENTIONALLY HARMING OTHERS….I THINK MANY PEOPLE TAKE LIFE FOR GRANTEDINESSENCE I GUESS I,M SAYING LIFES COOL, MEANT TO BE ENJOYED…GRATITUDE SMALL WORD,BIG MEANING. AND I KNOW YOUR WISE ENOUGH TO KNOW I,M NOT BEING CRITCAL OF YOUR COMMENTS BECAUSE I DON,T REMEMBER WHAT THEY WERE….TALKED TO YOULATER PERHAPS…BRZEE

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Principles of happiness? There’s only one………..Courage. Not my idea but i read it somewhere and it is the most succinct piece of advice I have ever come across and the hardest to adopt.

Act positively, in the moment, with one eye on tomorrow. Freerace.

It is good to feel joy.
I do the things in this list daily now, without trying.
It is getting easier, my life is better.
Things seem to ALWAYS work out for me. I manifested a FREE CAR for pete’s sake, lol.
Number 12 is my favorite. I enjoy focusing on the things that make me feel incredible!
I love your threads RRFS!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content