login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Joy Report☼ {Better How?}

Let us hear about your joy and your how's(: (smiles)

a wonderful video about  siteHappier.Com

Experience Joy

Louise Hay Video 

Somehow (: Related Threads

Random Acts of Kindness
An Act of Kindness
Sharing Love and Joy Without Being Annoying
3 Things That Made Me Smile
Surround Yourself With Light
Inverse Paranoia It’s Great to Be Alive
Joy
Happy Forever
I am True to Myself

better-how-e.png?sfvrsn=f672d744_4

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

• ______________________________________________
Sharing in 2011 ideas still true today(:
  • ______________________________________________
    Part of me wishes I would’ve written yesterday…though I was so in the moment of joy… that writing about it would’ve detracted from my experience.

Though, I will tell you a bit now…I did my normal prep things for going to work and being there (mind, spirit, and body). I generally feel comfortable with my methods because I feel I can take me anywhere and I’ll be fine (affirmations work-smile). Beyond my normal routines this time I decided to thread a greater element of fun/lightheartedness through it all.
I found out this day… something in ‘my process’ was beginning to feel like even “the happiness element” I was bringing to work was becoming such a job…even though I felt good. I needed to do something different..

What I was doing-> was… taking the process too seriously… and forgot about the simplicity of being lighthearted. While I don’t believe life circumstances define my spirit, I had been affected by life’s stressors…and I was ignoring that…and working harder. What I needed to do was work smarter…and not induce having fun…but go for what I know and Be Fun. Even my relationship has been cranked up a notch…and I was content before. I shared this youtube video with my hubby …and it really lit him up inside. It was a booster for how he already felt for me….about himself and about us..about life..and making it what we want it.

Nothing I was doing was wrong..just an element..was missing.

I found out : being happy and having fun are not the same. You can be happy and not have fun. But you can’t have fun (to my knowledge) and not be happy. So I’ve decided to not only make life productive, and happy..but the element of fun doesn’t have to wait for a day off. ..don’t have to wait to pencil lightheartedness in around my life.. No need to wait until I’m off from work..or doing something less business like. I need to thread it through all of me weaving it through all of my experiences.. even more.

Though what I further realized was : I was modeling myself of times when I was more fun ….rather than feeling it..as compared to the present.. where I am today. I think I equated any more fun on the job would “take me” to a time (in my mind) when I simply had less responsibilities and I wouldn’t be taken seriously in more serious (work) situations. I actually had been limiting myself to only be prepared, to perform well, to serve well…many happy qualities in the mix..etc etc..I added fun. And the result was wonderful on the joy report(:

Anyway..that fun quality didn’t detract from being taken seriously..it just gave the appearance of being even more lighthearted. Being lighthearted with love, gratitude, acceptance, efficiency…effectiveness and a sense of urgency helps those I service know I care..I can be trusted to serve them well, and my beingrather than just representing an even more comfortable quality.. in a fast paced atmosphere…helps others with their current place when they are not feeling/being well or if they are going home to someone in a less healthy-place..Being lighthearted is contagious.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Brilliant, Laurie! What a great thing to consciously bring to work with you! Makes me want to do one of those things where you slap your forehead with the palm of your hand like they do on the V8 commercials.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Great visual lol(:

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

What are some examples of “fun” things we can do?

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

In response to themadcookieman’s post:
Great question..

Think of a valued person in your life. Do you listen to music to remember them..or do you share the music with them and say this reminds me of you ? Do so and Be.

Think of the things you don’t like in someone’s quirky personality. Ask yourself are you a bit quirky too? Have a laugh at yourself..and recognize how we all have our thing(s). Do so and Be.

Do you love to be treated well? Do you love to be pampered? Do you love to feel great and know you are doing your part? Do you love great music? If so do all of this with love for yourself and love for life.. simultaneously (:Do so and Be.

Do you love to smile? Smile from your heart at everyone you see and think about.

Where do you love to go that is not too too far from where you live? Make a plan for it.Do so and Be.

What things do you want to achieve in your life? Think about how much fun it would be to be experiencing that result. now get on it..and revel with each step of what you want with your most fun and happy tunes in the back.
Go through lots of music..and really sort out the ones that give you that spirit.Do so and Be.

Do you dance? Everyone does..they just don’t admit it..because they think they have to be a superstar on the dance floor. Dance to your own drummer..and think about how and why you love yourself and life..and how much you’ve learned to keep the great stuff inside you be the powerful glorious condition.Do so and Be.

Have a Higher Power in your life..how do you thank your Higher Power for co-creating your life with you? Thank your Higher Power..and celebrate life and love..Put on some music..live laugh Be

Do you like to get silly..? List your fun-silly on paper..and trigger your silliest self and Be.

Just a few ideas..I’ll be back..with some other ideas.

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Thank you so much for sharing this , it’s incredible! You are also ;)

“the element of fun doesn’t have to wait for a day off” and “being lighthearted is contagious”

two wonderful quotes worth repeating

Now I was wondering if I could borrow the first one as I have begun a blog , all of which has only one entry to date, titled Elements of Being and the element of fun is definitely a good topic.

Thanks D’Marie for the lovely comment! And my pleasure… use the quotes! I am sure you are going to have an amazing blog..It has to be..the author has amazing qualities!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content