login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Who made a good impression on you?

For myself in regard to self talk:
-Enthusiasm and love everywhere…for everywhere, everyone, & everything -And attitude highly influenced my early self talk from Mom.

-No-worries talk Mom & Hubby …& energy healing from spouse.
- music – siblings, parents, friends,
-pro-active stuff mostly from my Dad..

to be continued…

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

My mother taught me to believe in the miraculous world of the invisible. For that, I am eternally grateful!!

My father insisted that I work for myself and not be a slave to an employer. That has given me my life back for inventing HOW I create my time.

My spouse opened up a whole world of diversity and culture that I had never been exposed to before.

My children keep my eyes open to “ordinary” wonders with their insatiable curiosity and unfettered love of life. Oh, and LOTS of patience!!

My cats teach me how to relax on a sunny day. I’m pretty sure nothing stresses them out!!

Good idea for a thread, Laurie!!

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

I thank my old boss for teaching me that everything can happen, you just need to have the right mindset and find the right people.

I thank my mum for teaching me how to be frugal and work with money.

I thank my dad for not acting his age :)

Lee has too many things to be thanked for, I’m sure most of you would agree lol.

Great thread!

My first cup of coffee. It realized how warm, fuzzy and gentle the world can be. ;)

An old friend of my highschool, who thought me any world, outside of the normal ‘popular’ world can be as grand and furfilling as the popular mainstream tries to represent itself. A valuable lesson during highschool (peer pressure) and so in later stadia of my life.

And I agree with meditatingmama on the cats! I am so amazed at how utterly relaxed they can be.

In response to zinho’s post:
In response to melt86’s post:
In response to meditatingmama’s post:
loved the responses of those that participated in 2009…yeah an old thread …which I’d like to make more current…

Who made an impression on you which influenced you well?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Oh my God there are so many, but the most important by far is My Mom “Nancee” she taught me so very much, volumes actually. She taught me to be my very best “me”, work hard and strive for the things you want to accomplish, proper etiquette, gardening, cooking, art and music appreciation, spiritual enlightenment, how to behave in different settings from a Diner to a Five Star Restaurant, she gave me my sense of fashion, how to be a lady and most important to be true to myself.

Yes, this is indeed an excellent thread!!

Several people have made impressions on me…

My parents, of course…
My Mother was a nurse
My Father was a tax consultant
My paternal Grandfather died before I was born, but I have always had a sense of him. He was an unlicensed farm animal vet, and a big, strong farmer. All of his children were born on the family farm, on the kitchen table. My father was the 2nd born, but the first son born.
Everyone of my 5 siblings: must mention my twin sister Carol, has had a life time of influence!!!

Worldly influences:

Martin Luther King is my number one, most favorite of all!
Some of the most powerful, and pivotal writing that I have ever read are the writings of MLK, Jr.
John Fitzgerald Kennedy, he was killed 3 weeks before I was born. He had the heart of great leader. He was able to capture and harness the greatness of our nation. He pulled us together and became the really first American Royalty.
After the Kennedys era, it was always the Kennedys and Rock and Roll…
America had no other royalty!!

Musical influences:
The Rolling Stones, The Beetles, lots of influence from the later 1960’s:
Janice Joplin, Jimmy Hendrix, Jim Morrison and the Doors…
Don McLean, American Pie song…

Tons of phenomenal music from the late 1960’s… to many to mention, really.

More music:
Most beloved of ALL—- Luther Vandross!!!
Whitney Houston, Oh, I still love Whitney, always all through eternity, will I always love Whitney, whom I am certain was Given as a Gift to the world, to help us to LOVE one another… Whitney was Heaven on Earth, IMHO!
Stevie Wonder… he was another Gift, right out of the heavens!! What an incredible talent Stevie had…

Films, Directors:
Stephen Speilberg
Oprah Winfrey

Authors:
I love tons of authors, several genres:

Non fiction:
Leo Tolstoy
Mahatma Gandhi
Rumi
The Island of the Blue Dolphins

Fiction: Suspense
Mary Higgins Clark: she is the queen of suspense!!
Lee Child: The Jack Reacher novels… insane!

Fiction: Classics
Edgar Rice Burroughs: The Mars Collection, an absolute MUST READ; this should be mandatory reading for all 8th graders, as this is pivotal “coming of age” reading…
C.S. Lewis: The Narnia collection
Sir Rudyard Kipling: the just so stories
J.K. Rowlings: Harry Potter

Medical drawings by Netter— stunning and educational.

Healing/metaphysical:
Deepak Chopra
Caroline Myss
Alice Bailey: The Collection of books.
Torkom Saraydarian: New Dimensions in Healing
Marianne Williamson
ACIM: A Course in Miracles

Cooking, Grilling:
Bobby Flay
Mario Batali
Ina Garten: The Barefoot Contessa

This is the short list!!!!!!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.
Begin by finding this within ourselves before helping others.

What an EXCELLENT Thread!!!

I will return!!!

Such an Excellent question!!!!

“Radical Acceptance is the ability to face hardships with greater love and deeper awareness.
Contemplation shapes radical acceptance as a way to choose love and peace over anger and despair.

Such a great question!!
I’ve dug up all kinds of really great music memories…

The Carpenters!!!
I truly loved Karen Carpenter!
They made some truly classic soft rock hits!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content