login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Music Appreciation

We used to call the music my folks listened to “old fogies” music. They were not very flexible to what us kids listened to. They used to say “turn that music down”..when it was not their stuff. Every once in awhile we’d see them “trying” to get into our music, and we’d think how cute. They’d even try the dance numbers.

Whoops..that’s what I and others have been turning into..What can I say we like what we like, and we occasionally turn it up pretty loud..But some of it is now 30-40 years old! Where did the time go? Who cares..lol Love my music.

Anyway..I accidentally found a youtube clip with a bit of intro to hiphop

I have to tell you, it was a fun, and educational listen. This guy showed how some of the oldies evolved into todays beat..It actually made me want to check out some of this stuff, and who knows maybe I’m not such an ol’ fogie..lol
Though..I kinda am..love my “oldies”

Have you had any music appreciation moments where music you thought were incapable of enjoying sounded…..good?

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

Girl you’re no old fogie you have more soul than you can control! I sure remember Soulful Strut by love unlimited it still sounds good.

My son introduced me to this sometime ago and I loved it.

Feel good Inc

Here is a song I used to “get down to” when I was out with my friends dancing.

Tear The Roof

Doesn’t really sound that much different from todays music.

Ay Laurie, I know what you mean. Rap music is one that I cann’t realy get into liking. But there are a few that I do then enjoy hearing ….

I still enjoy listening to the 80s music. I also like the recycled Fame Even the rap part of it :-)

…what a wonderful world….

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content