login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Did you see the moon smiling?

These are pictures from last night, I got them from a news web site. I couldn’t see it properly (We live in the city) but it looks like some people had amazing views!

From the SMH Article:

“A rare cosmic alignment tonight will produce a smiling face – or an emoticon, depending on your generation – high over the country.

From soon after 8pm until just before 11pm the planets Venus and Jupiter will stare down from the western sky like two brilliant eyes. Directly below, the crescent moon will form a happy mouth.”

Those of you in the states might have seen a sad face :(

“How easy it is in our life, to miss what’s being offered.” — Paul Haller

Truly amazing sight! I wish I could have witnessed it~

When I saw the moon last night it was about the same size as in your first picture but in was more of a C shape than a smile

enjoy life!

my dad called me to give me an heads up but i was way too busy to see it :((((((((((( regret it now

I love our space! :)

Hi Thanks for that we missed it as it was too cloudy so thanks all for that wow isnt our world an amazing place!

Love Life
Sue

Oh Wow! That is so cool! Space is truely a amaze of wonder aint it!

“Happiness is a perfume you cannot pour on others without getting a few drops on yourself.” ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

You know, the universe is such a loving and amazing place. I love the gifts that mother nature gives us. My daughter calls it “God’s smiley face” when the moon is at its crescent level… I wish I would have seen this phenomenon.

I am living in many dimensions at once; the appearance of being trapped in time and space is only an illusion.

In response to Lee Nutter’s post:
That was great! Thanks for posting the pics. I’m going to share it with others!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

On a side note but also related to the amazing things the universe can create,

on new years day at Woodford everyone looked towards the sky. It was a clear day, the sun was high being almost midday. We saw the most beautiful sight,

the sun was surrounded by a rainbow halo, perfectly round with the sun dead centre. An omen for the New Year :)

We took some photos on our phone but this one I found on the net does it more justice.

words fail me, which is unusual for me – wow
I have a program called stellarium which enables me to look at the sky and all its clusters, galaxies, stars and planet in close up. It’s a truly amazing and humbling experience. We are so small in the scheme of things

When I visited Medgugorje, Bosnia (SP?) in 1995 I saw the same thing, very cool. thanks for sharing…

I HAVEN,T A CLUE HOW THE SUN KEEPS BURNING AND GIVING US ITS LIFE SUSTAINING GRACE WITHOUT BLINKING….JUST THINK IF IT RAN OUT OF IT,S SOURCE OF FUEL AND DIED….THENWE WOULD ALL BE QUITE COLD,BUT IT JUST KEEPS DOIN IT,S THING. THAT IS A REASON TO BE GRATEFUL IF NOTHING ELSE.

“To boldly and or vulnerably go where no one has gone before”

Wow, I have never seen this thread before. It got my attention. “Did you see the moon smiling” is a beautiful line. It begs for a poem or song.

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us.
— Gandalf, J.R.R. Tolkien
I’m Alright
Life Less Ordinary

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content