login to bmindful Sign up for your FREE bmindful account!

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

★Felling lucky, and blessed!

I took a fall from about 14 feet yesterday @ work and landed on my rear end and ultimately my back. It took a while for me to get up, with help, and after being scolded by a couple of doctors and nurses, I now know that I should have laid still and had EMTs check me out before moving. I guess I already knew that, but I wasn’t exactly in my right state of mind after the fall.

Even aided by Vicodin and morphine, sitting, lying down, standing, or walking all are quite painful now.

The bright side is that nothing was broken, and they found no internal bleeding. I still don’t know how I could have fallen so far, down a steep (almost vertical) metal staircase onto a cement floor and not suffered any breaks, particularly on my head – I didn’t even bump my head. Obviously God was watching over me and made sure that I had a safe landing!

One of the doctors told me that I should buy a lottery ticket.

I had to calculate this, it’s more that 4 meters!!!!!!!!!! That is very high to fall from. Thank god. It is a wonder that you have not broken anything.
In my culture, you should spend something on charity.

…what a wonderful world….

You ARE lucky and blessed! CELEBRATE!
I am filled with warm fuzzies for the wonderful attitude you have for what happened to you….

You are so special BKW and thanks to that wonderful attitude I am certain you will have a speedy recovery.
Thanks for sharing this bravery and positivity with us.

Take care of your very lucky self!
Love and blessings to you.

A full and thankful heart..

I’m very very glad there nothing broken, and thanks for the reminder to sit tight till the EMTs get there and look you over. I’ve had some congenital cervical disc problems and I’ve been on the narcotics merry go round a few times myself. Best wishes for a speedy recovery. Thank you for sharing your great vibe and experience with us BKW !!

You are truly blessed! May God continue to give you what you need toward a perfect recovery, of your uncanny accident.

May this time fill you with endless spiritual ahahas and gratitude-> that last a life time and.. assist in acting as a precursor to giving you a knowing that what happens to us can be assisted with plans, but (the reality is) totally taken care of by God.
God Bless You.

Love, Laurie

Thanks for sharing this!

I AM
Peaceful:
Emotions, Sensations ,
& Feelings

In response to aftab’s post:
Aftab: 4 meters – yeah it was a bit of a drop. Truth be told, I was still in a bit of denial/ shock afterwards because I continued to work for a while, that is until I could no longer endure the pain of climbing the stairs! That’s when I conceded that I would need medical treatment.
Before conceding though, at the top of the stairs, looking down, I stood in amazement, wondering how I could have fallen so far without breaking bones, cracking my head open… Only by the Grace of God!
Spend something on charity? I like that! I will do that. Thanks

In response to anoushka’s post:
Anoushka: Celebrate indeed! I’m glad that sharing my story had a positive affect on you. Also, thanks for your wishes for a speedy recovery!

In response to evank27’s post:
evank27: Thanks for your comments and your wishes for a speedy recovery! As for the narcotics – they make me very sleepy! I’m not one to sit still for very long. In fact my wife often teases me because I can’t sit still long enough to watch a movie – that’s what the “pause” is for and that’s why we have the stereo wired through the house, so that I can go up to the kitchen and not miss anything!

In response to laurie- worksout-daily&w/everything she’s got~ ~‘s post:
Laurie: I haven’t posted much here lately, due to my busy work & school schedule, and the endless “to do’s” around the house. I’ve been burning the candle at both ends for a while now, which might have factored in to the incident yesterday….
Thanks for your well-wishing…. “ahahas and gratitude” I like it! I know that God has His Finger on me, and I am thankful for that!

Take care all!

Jump to Top ^^

To get the most out of the bmindful forum, please sign up or log in!

Related Content